GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

For the record, DVC didn't get "emails at each step with time and date to book", DVC had the same shoddy email service APs got- most seem to have been left out completely and there was no notice of dates or when to book. When the link was found, member services was apparently telling people it wasn't real. I don't know if anyone who is DVC but not AP got the emails, I'm not sure if anyone polled that, but I know some AP non-DVC did get emails.
Maybe I misunderstood but after receiving email that it was upcoming, I did see where it was made "public" (I assumed by email) that the DVC had a set date (April 14) and set time (9 am) to begin registering for the Preview, in advance of registration. So I apologize if you didn't get the advance email but it was announced/public knowledge when it would happen.

Annual Passholders got nothing other than "some day, good luck" necessitating the constant checking sources to see because it would like sell out before most got an email, if they even did. If you were lucky to follow along or get the email (and it not get sent to spam, which in itself was suspicious), you might get a time. Odds were not in your favor given the number of AP to the number of slots.

Maybe I misunderstood but after receiving email that it was upcoming, I did see where it was made "public" (I assumed by email) that the DVC had a set date (April 14) and set time (9 am) to begin registering for the Preview, in advance of registration. So I apologize if you didn't get the advance email but it was announced/public knowledge when it would happen.

Annual Passholders got nothing other than "some day, good luck" necessitating the constant checking sources to see because it would like sell out before most got an email, if they even did. If you were lucky to follow along or get the email (and it not get sent to spam, which in itself was suspicious), you might get a time. Odds were not in your favor given the number of AP to the number of slots.
You misunderstood. It wasn't made public, it was discovered by someone on these boards who kept playing around. The AP address was public and a reused link, but not the DVC one.
DVC was not announced at all. Member Services was telling people the link was fake and that the info on the site was incorrect.

I only went there because the previous poster did- suggesting APs should get this because they have invested so much into being AP holders. Nobody is buying an AP to invest in the parks or as a loyalty to Disney, they are doing it because it gives them a discount over buying individual tickets. That is fine, I've done it too, but it's not a reason to expect even more free stuff, just like DVC and D23 aren't really a reason to expect things that aren't explicitly part of the deal.

For the record, DVC didn't get "emails at each step with time and date to book", DVC had the same shoddy email service APs got- most seem to have been left out completely and there was no notice of dates or when to book. When the link was found, member services was apparently telling people it wasn't real. I don't know if anyone who is DVC but not AP got the emails, I'm not sure if anyone polled that, but I know some AP non-DVC did get emails.
Of course they were saying it wasn’t real. They have no idea. DVC Member Services knows exactly as much as the average phone CM, which is to say, nothing. Most of these people have never and will never set foot in WDW. They are usually working from home so they don’t have an on-site supervisor to send out memos and give them updates on what is and is not happening.

Common knowledge when any type of special link or deal leaks is to not call the source, whether that be a store, a bank, or in this case, DVC. The people who got through on that link are actually fortunate that the callers reached someone in a basement in Topeka, KS and not someone with any authority to actually change it, because they almost certainly would have.

You misunderstood. It wasn't made public, it was discovered by someone on these boards who kept playing around. The AP address was public and a reused link, but not the DVC one.
DVC was not announced at all. Member Services was telling people the link was fake and that the info on the site was incorrect.
Yup. The DVC link was "reverse engineered" by someone here on the DIS. It was not provided by Disney.

Edited, thank you so much @Liquidice!

Last edited:

Of course they were saying it wasn’t real. They have no idea. DVC Member Services knows exactly as much as the average phone CM, which is to say, nothing. Most of these people have never and will never set foot in WDW. They are usually working from home so they don’t have an on-site supervisor to send out memos and give them updates on what is and is not happening.

Common knowledge when any type of special link or deal leaks is to not call the source, whether that be a store, a bank, or in this case, DVC. The people who got through on that link are actually fortunate that the callers reached someone in a basement in Topeka, KS and not someone with any authority to actually change it, because they almost certainly would have.
It made me nervous that people were calling for just that reason.
Them saying it was fake and wrong information- that concerned me because if they didn't know, they simply would say they didn't know. The message that it was specifically wrong- that suggested to me that the official message may have been to tell people it was wrong. Communicating to CMs to tell everyone it is wrong is different than not saying anything at all to CMs.

The only reason we knew about it being 4/14 at 9am is because I found the link to the waiting room for DVC. Then apparently it spread like wildfire on social media and some Disney news sites - but DVC Member services was in the dark and those who decided to call were told various different things like the link was a scam, there was nothing announced yet etc...

DVC members got the emails at the same time as AP members. Or if you're "lucky" like me, you get no emails what-so-ever (not in spam, subscribed to all Disney emails - but I never get notified).

We knew the AP link way ahead of time thanks to the first post in this thread and many others who were kind enough to share it - because the link doesn't seem to change for APs. Unfortunately we don't know the time ahead of schedule because of this.

It made me nervous that people were calling for just that reason.
Them saying it was fake and wrong information- that concerned me because if they didn't know, they simply would say they didn't know. The message that it was specifically wrong- that suggested to me that the official message may have been to tell people it was wrong. Communicating to CMs to tell everyone it is wrong is different than not saying anything at all to CMs.
It’s like a Disney tradition that they will make something up rather than say they don’t know. I don’t know if they tell them to do that because saying they don’t have the answer isn’t good customer service or what, but I have only ever heard of a phone CM giving out bad information. I have never heard of one simply saying “I don’t know.”

Yeah I specifically said in my post when I shared the link to NOT call Member Services - as I didn't want people clogging up the phone lines asking, when I knew CMs would not have any idea. Also - I was worried the link could have been changed once they realized someone had discovered it.

Unfortunately all of the Disney news sites that decided to take my information (uncredited I might add) - decided not to share my caveat about not calling - and so tons of people who saw the news post immediately called DVC Member Services to ask about it.

I actually gives me pause to sharing the link in the future if I manage to figure it out - most everyone on DISBoards and DVC Fan on Facebook were kind and gracious about the sharing - but the way it spread online to the news sites makes me think it'd be better not to share publicly in the future and cause DVC Member Services grief.

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find the priceline express deal for Dolphin? I am trying to add 2 nights to extend my stay (May 8th - 10th), can't find anything available to use with my DVC points - but would happily stay at Swan/Dolphin if it weren't too expensive :)

The normal Priceline price is $341/night for Dolphin.
I will jump on Priceline right now and see if it's available and post back.

Yeah I specifically said in my post when I shared the link to NOT call Member Services - as I didn't want people clogging up the phone lines asking, when I knew CMs would not have any idea. Also - I was worried the link could have been changed once they realized someone had discovered it.

Unfortunately all of the Disney news sites that decided to take my information (uncredited I might add) - decided not to share my caveat about not calling - and so tons of people who saw the news post immediately called DVC Member Services to ask about it.
I never understand people calling about things like this. Seriously, you have the link, now you wait. It's not like they were going to magically get to register early if they called.

😂 I’m coming from Edmonton. Had to use points to book the flight ..because return is on Victoria Day 🤪 Just booked it Tuesday. Thankful it panned out.

We’re flying down Friday afternoon, returning Sunday night. The holiday Monday flight was exorbitant, with economy costing more than premium on the Sunday. Ah, well, a short trip is better than no trip…

It's available for $585 for the two nights, including taxes and resort fee. Should I PM you?

It's available for $585 for the two nights, including taxes and resort fee. Should I PM you?

Thanks for checking for me - I think I was able to find it myself using the betterbidding.com website that was referenced above. Really appreciate you checking though!

For APs that did not get Conf email - it does say on the conf page and in the email "If you have questions about your registration, please call (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277."

For APs that did not get Conf email - it does say on the conf page and in the email "If you have questions about your registration, please call (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277."
This was the number I said I called in my previous post to someone else. It was a 3 hour wait to talk to someone and the CM on the phone said emails get sent out at random so they have no idea why some people are getting emails and some aren't. They also can't see if you have a preview slot on your profile or at least that is what the CM told me.

I

I actually gives me pause to sharing the link in the future if I manage to figure it out - most everyone on DISBoards and DVC Fan on Facebook were kind and gracious about the sharing - but the way it spread online to the news sites makes me think it'd be better not to share publicly in the future and cause DVC Member Services grief.
appreciate you for posting the link. I hope you decipher the TRon link also. That is the ONE that I am anticipating.

goes to show you how many people put stock in disboards.

please on behalf of all of us here, know it was appreciated and i for one hope to get the heads up with the Tyron preview/link.

thank you!

Yes, those spreadsheets someone made for Priceline and Hotwire are GOLD. I’ve used them several times now, and so far they’ve been 100% accurate so I knew exactly what I was booking.
Are those spreadsheets on the Dis somewhere? I’m not planning a trip yet but would love to look at those! Thanks

Are those spreadsheets on the Dis somewhere? I’m not planning a trip yet but would love to look at those! Thanks
Yes, they are! I have them bookmarked on my personal laptop and am at work right now or I’d post the links, but if you use the forum search for “Hotwire spreadsheet” and “Priceline spreadsheet”, you should be able to find the threads. You just plug in the reviewer ratings and neighborhoods, and it’ll spit out which hotel matches. The DISer who made them does a fantastic job updating to keep them accurate!

The only reason we knew about it being 4/14 at 9am is because I found the link to the waiting room for DVC. Then apparently it spread like wildfire on social media and some Disney news sites - but DVC Member services was in the dark and those who decided to call were told various different things like the link was a scam, there was nothing announced yet etc...

DVC members got the emails at the same time as AP members. Or if you're "lucky" like me, you get no emails what-so-ever (not in spam, subscribed to all Disney emails - but I never get notified).

We knew the AP link way ahead of time thanks to the first post in this thread and many others who were kind enough to share it - because the link doesn't seem to change for APs. Unfortunately we don't know the time ahead of schedule because of this.
I wonder what's going on over at DVCnews... after they told people it was a scam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter