Gotta love bounceback! 10th ann. & family vaca PTR-9/201o-WE'RE BACK!

Last night we met our friends at the fairgrounds for Oktoberfest. OMG, was it fun!!!

Let me tell you though, I have NEVER seen so many people in one place....not even Disney at Christmastime. OMG, we could hardly move for a while there and it was pretty freaky.

Joe.....

Oktoberfest2010001.jpg

We got there just in time for the show at the top of each hour. I can't remember the correct name for the show, but there is one.

Oktoberfest2010004.jpg

Oktoberfest2010006.jpg

Oktoberfest2010010.jpg

Oktoberfest2010012.jpg

Oktoberfest2010017.jpg

Oktoberfest2010018.jpg

So, my friend Elmer, who is a nut to say the least, didn't want to get his beer mixed up with anyone else's so he put a noodle on it. Well, when he got up for a second, someone went to get more beer and did this to his...so he knew which one was his new one. :lmao:

Oktoberfest2010019.jpg

Oktoberfest2010032.jpg

After we stood in line for like 90 minutes (no kidding) for food, we found a table under the tent and ate. I had potato pancakes which I devoured so there are no pics. Joe had schnitzel and I forgot to take a picture of it.

We listened to the band for a while and had quite a bit of fun. The local tv station came by and filmed the group too.

Oktoberfest2010024.jpg

Oktoberfest2010025.jpg

Oktoberfest2010030.jpg

After a bit of partying, Joe decided that he had to have a hat. So, we went hat shopping. Turns out a few hats were purchased by all...guess that's what happens after a LOT of beer....notice the wrist bands?....needed one of those babies to drink.

Oktoberfest2010034.jpg

Oktoberfest2010036.jpg

Oktoberfest2010041.jpg

Oktoberfest2010043.jpg

I had a funnel cake and let me tell you...it was incredible! Yeah, I know, it's not German, but man, was it good.

There was an awesome piece of sand art that I tried to get a picture of. This is the side view...it was the closest that I could get.

Oktoberfest2010045.jpg

We had a great time. It was awesome to see our friends again.

Great photos from Octoberfest--looks like you had a great time. I saw the pics on your FB page as well. But how come none of you?

Okay, now I'm here...YES, I know you're about to leave! But better late than never, right!?! I'm going to start at the beginning, I think! I'll dive right in!

Oktoberfest looks like so much fun! Cool how they actually have the mugs with the Hofbrauhaus logo!

The new Day 1 plans look great!!!

You are SO close!! Can you believe it?! It seems like we've been counting down for.ever!!!

Looks like you had a great time at Oktoberfest, love Joe's hat :teeth:

can't believe you had to line up for 90mins for food :eek: Crazy!

Great photos from Octoberfest--looks like you had a great time. I saw the pics on your FB page as well. But how come none of you?

I was the one behind the camera taking all of the pictures. ;)

Cute pics from Octoberfest! Looks like a lot of fun and a nice way to end Summer! Good for you!!!!:thumbsup2

Yay for single digits!!!!!:cheer2:

It was really a lot of fun. I just couldn't get over the crowd though. It was unreal.

Looks like a fun time!!! See you soon!! :goodvibes

See you a week from tonight!!!! :goodvibes

Okay, now I'm here...YES, I know you're about to leave! But better late than never, right!?! I'm going to start at the beginning, I think! I'll dive right in!

Oktoberfest looks like so much fun! Cool how they actually have the mugs with the Hofbrauhaus logo!

Hi, glad to have you!!

I think the logo was the reason Joe wanted the mug. It was $8 with the beer and you got refills for $5. Given that it was German beer (and they had a zillion different ones), he felt it was worth it. :lmao:

The new Day 1 plans look great!!!

You are SO close!! Can you believe it?! It seems like we've been counting down for.ever!!!

Thanks Heather. Yep, 3 sleeps left. Or as Joe would say, 2 sleeps and a wake up.

Looks like you had a great time at Oktoberfest, love Joe's hat :teeth:

can't believe you had to line up for 90mins for food :eek: Crazy!

He loves that hat Stef. I was worried he'd wear it to the store yesterday and look like a goof. ;)

Yep, 90 minutes.....and we were in one of at least 12 different lines! :scared1:

Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading along. Wishing you a WONDERFUL trip!

We were actually at Disney World the day you posted "a few of you are at Disney right now". LOL. We only spent one day in parks and one at DTD - just an interlude in our vacation, since we were flying out of Orlando. Nice to get a taste of it, anyway!

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it after!

:banana:

Love the Oktoberfest pics too! Joes hat is amazing!

He loves that hat!! :goodvibes

:dancer:
:dancer::dancer:

Three days and you'll be at Disney (and we're a week behind you). :)

Can't wait to meet you and Mark in person. :flower3:

Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading along. Wishing you a WONDERFUL trip!

We were actually at Disney World the day you posted "a few of you are at Disney right now". LOL. We only spent one day in parks and one at DTD - just an interlude in our vacation, since we were flying out of Orlando. Nice to get a taste of it, anyway!

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it after!

So glad that you are still with me. How funny that you were there the day I posted that. :)

The Octoberfest pics looked so fun!! Ya'll look too cool in your hats!:cool1:

3 days!!!!!!! :dance3:

We had a great time. Next year may be the year that I get a hat. :rotfl2:

:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

Not long now :teeth: So excited for you :goodvibes

Just 2 sleeps left Stef!!!

Ya gotta love the sounds of that!!!

I do, I do!!!

Woo hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!party:

I am so happy that we get to meet Queenofallthings and Jasmine on the 18th! Yay, we are having breakfast at Kouzzina that day!!! :goodvibes

:dancer:
:dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

I just wanted to say safe travels to you since we will be traveling starting tomorrow. :goodvibes I am sure I will pop on here and there, at least tomorrow at my Dad's.

I am so happy that we get to meet Queenofallthings and Jasmine on the 18th! Yay, we are having breakfast at Kouzzina that day!!! :goodvibes

I have to tell you....we can't wait!! We're so excited about meeting you guys! We have never eaten at Kouzzina but we went and checked out the menu and all I can say is yummy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter