Grace period on AP's...

DisBuckMan

DIS Veteran
Our family has had Seasonal AP's for years, which technically expired 5 days ago, on the 26th.

I received an email a while ago stating that today was my last chance to renew.

I thought in the past it had always been 30 days after expiration (yes, I realize that is Disney's policy, but was thinking Universal's was the same)?

Our family has had Seasonal AP's for years, which technically expired 5 days ago, on the 26th.

I received an email a while ago stating that today was my last chance to renew.

I thought in the past it had always been 30 days after expiration (yes, I realize that is Disney's policy, but was thinking Universal's was the same)?
Ours expired on the 26th as well, and I also got that last chance to renew email. I got an email in the middle of May stating my "AP renews today". I'm not sure what is up with the weird emails from Universal but I called and the rep said to just ignore. She didn't know why I was getting them. The rep said there is a 30 day grace period. Today if I go thru the steps online, I'm still able to renew.

Renewing during the 30 days gets you a discount if you pay in full. Unless they’ve changed it, your expiration date will be the day you renew, not your original date, unlike Disney.

Renewing during the 30 days gets you a discount if you pay in full. Unless they’ve changed it, your expiration date will be the day you renew, not your original date, unlike Disney.
Hmmm, I’m not certain their practice was ever to change your expiration date - the whole idea of the grace period is that they’re “giving grace” and letting you renew even though your pass has technically expired… but they’re not adding additional time on to the pass. AFAIK, the expiration date has always stayed the same with a renewal.

Hmmm, I’m not certain their practice was ever to change your expiration date - the whole idea of the grace period is that they’re “giving grace” and letting you renew even though your pass has technically expired… but they’re not adding additional time on to the pass. AFAIK, the expiration date has always stayed the same with a renewal.

I was going through the UOAP FB page recently and UOAP stated that the expiration date would be the day of renewal. The employees running that page could be wrong but thats def what they said.

My AP expired about 20days or so ago. I did recently get an email offering me last chance to renew at the 20% discounted rate. Very tempted but we decided to take a break from USO. We went 3 times over the past 12months. If we do go back mignt not be until next year. Hopefully we can grab those 3-free month promos if they run again.

I was going through the UOAP FB page recently and UOAP stated that the expiration date would be the day of renewal. The employees running that page could be wrong but thats def what they said.
If a TM did state that on the UOAP FB page, they were definitely incorrect. I couldn’t find the comment you referenced, but here are a few other recent-ish comments from TMs:
DD6C5290-17AA-4AF7-9FC6-8544741956B7.jpeg
EAA7D2BF-6DAB-417A-993B-B96DE03DC2FE.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter