graduation picture location ideas

edhmom

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I will be in DL and DCA the first weekend of April. We will be taking some college graduation (yay!) pictures. We will have Genie+ so will have Photo Pass as well as using our personal camera for other locations. Does anyone have some fun locations to take pictures? Bonus if you have example pictures to share.
Thanks!

When it was dark I got some cool Photopass photos at The Millennium Falcon in Galaxys Edge and by The Teacups in Fantasyland.

If you want daytime photos at The Castle with no people in the background, be in the park for ropedrop but let all the Fantasyland crowd race in to Peter Pan and then for about 10 to 15 minutes after park opening you will be able to get great photos at The Castle.

I think that wishing well area (Snow White Grotto) near the castle is a great location. Maybe even Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island (if it's open), there are lots of cool pockets out there. Also, one in front of the Monsters University door at DCA would be fun.

I would recommend committing one morning to your photo session. Rope drop is the best because things are quiet once the rush to ROTR is over. I've done some fun photo shoots in Toontown. Also behind Flo's Cafe in DCA is really nice. Great view of RSR. Grab some cotton candy or popcorn to use as a prop. The confectionary is quiet at park opening and makes for some great shots too!

Attachments

• JB Disney-17.jpg
    JB Disney-17.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 18
  • JB Disney-137.jpg
    JB Disney-137.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 18
  • JB Disney-279-Edit.jpg
    JB Disney-279-Edit.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
  • JB Disney-210.jpg
    JB Disney-210.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 17

I think that wishing well area (Snow White Grotto) near the castle is a great location. Maybe even Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island (if it's open), there are lots of cool pockets out there. Also, one in front of the Monsters University door at DCA would be fun.

I hadn't thought of Monster's University. That would be cute!

I would recommend committing one morning to your photo session. Rope drop is the best because things are quiet once the rush to ROTR is over. I've done some fun photo shoots in Toontown. Also behind Flo's Cafe in DCA is really nice. Great view of RSR. Grab some cotton candy or popcorn to use as a prop. The confectionary is quiet at park opening and makes for some great shots too!

Thanks for the suggestions and the pictures. Toontown will be closed by the time we are there but all the others are options.

Some favorites of mine are:
  • Snow White's Wishing Well
  • White Rabbit's House
  • Going under the lights on Storybook at night (your grad would need the first seat at the front of the boat to pull this off)
  • A night carousel photo
  • Pixar Pier entrance on the side that says "Adventure is Out There"
  • Cars Land or Avengers Campus at night right before the park closes. It's pretty empty around then and there are a lot of great photo spots in both lands.
Congratulations to your daughter!!!

Some favorites of mine are:
  • Snow White's Wishing Well
  • White Rabbit's House
  • Going under the lights on Storybook at night (your grad would need the first seat at the front of the boat to pull this off)
  • A night carousel photo
  • Pixar Pier entrance on the side that says "Adventure is Out There"
  • Cars Land or Avengers Campus at night right before the park closes. It's pretty empty around then and there are a lot of great photo spots in both lands.
Congratulations to your daughter!!!

Thanks for these suggestions. I love the "Adventure is out there" suggestion. Where exactly is that? I'm thinking off to the right?

It's on the back of 5he Pixar Pier sign. Here's a photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220225-140953_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220225-140953_Chrome.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter