Grammy Salute to Prince

wvjules

DIS Veteran
Did any one watch that last night? I just finished watching it. Loved it!

Foo Fighters just absoutely killed Darling Nikki. LOVED IT!

Gary Clark Jr! Where have you been? I am going to seek out his music. And H.E.R.! Just wow!

Sheila E. Morris Day and the Time. The Revolution. Wow! I enjoyed this show so much. (The tribute by Usher at the Grammy's was equally awesome!)

It was an adult sing-a-long in my house... well, at least I was singing and I made my dog dance with me. My kids were smirking and rolling their eyes at me.

I didn't like HER. Her voice wasn't as good as Gary Clark, Jr.

LOVED the Foo Fighters and Usher!

I miss Prince.

Not really a fan except for some of his hits, and I definitely wouldn’t want to hear them “interpreted” by lesser talents.

They reran the special tonight. Even though I knew what was coming, I still cried during Purple Rain. Mavis Staples is amazing. I love seeing the Revolution and the Time.

I am only about half way through. With the quarantine, I don't get much time to watch my own shows - LOL. No one else is a fan here. Love it so far - I thought Usher did great!

Mavis Staples was incredible. It was nice to see that Phillip Bailey still has such amazing vocal quality after all these years. The growling wail in Maya Rudolph's range was a nice surprise.

Superstar for us was Sheila E. If her name isn't in the conversation when the best drummers are being listed, the list is worthless.

Not really a fan except for some of his hits, and I definitely wouldn’t want to hear them “interpreted” by lesser talents.
I kind of feel the same way. I did try to watch it though. One of the last conversations I had with my dad was about Prince. He said he had always wanted to see him. He wasn’t really a fan of Prince’s music but he appreciated his sheer talent and how hard he worked on stage. I can get behind that but the performance or two I managed to get through were just ‘meh’ when it comes to Prince himself so I gave up.

I only liked a couple of the performances--the second one from Gary Clark Jr. and the one with Mavis Staples. Also I was annoyed by the obviously hand-selected (paid?) "audience" members.

I only liked a couple of the performances--the second one from Gary Clark Jr. and the one with Mavis Staples. Also I was annoyed by the obviously hand-selected (paid?) "audience" members.

I thought the audience was those lucky enough to have pull with AMPAS to be allowed to access the tickets.

Not a huge Prince fan, but grew up in the 80s so obviously his music is a big part of my soundtrack, so did end up watching. Thought Usher's performance was awesome and Sheila E. was great - doesn't look like she's aged! Always think of Julia Roberts in the bubble bath in Pretty Woman when I hear "Kiss". Totally forgot about Morris Day and the Time! I sang along more than I thought throughout - it was a fun musical memory jolt and nice repreive from the quarentine routine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter