Grand CAL. How much lower will the prices drop ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you were able to book at the 11 month window of 1 contract and use points from another UY that was outside the 11 month window?
To add on to Clara’s question— can you only do this when the resort is the same? I’m assuming yes. I’m a pretty new DVC member and I’ve spent a decent amount of time searching these boards, but am still looking for a resource about transferring points between contracts (and I see that people here also sell points for transfer, which I presume is at least slightly cheaper than buying them from Dis?

Where's that face palm emoji? Ha! I don't know what I was thinking.
We are in a safe space here… not like those hooligans on the SSR threads 🤣.

I use the DVC Calculator app in the Apple App Store and put in my travel dates and it shows me what the 7m and 11m windows are. You also put in what resort, what accommodation size, and the view type and it shows you how many points you need.

I like that I can pull it up at any time without having to log into something or access the web

We are in a safe space here… not like those hooligans on the SSR threads 🤣.

I use the DVC Calculator app in the Apple App Store and put in my travel dates and it shows me what the 7m and 11m windows are. You also put in what resort, what accommodation size, and the view type and it shows you how many points you need.

I like that I can pull it up at any time without having to log into something or access the web

I'll have to see if they have it for Android since I'm not an Apple user. Sounds like a nice app!

Never knew those apps existed, I see a few different ones, is there one you prefer, or are they all about the same?

Never knew those apps existed, I see a few different ones, is there one you prefer, or are they all about the same?
They should all be the same. Someone has simply entered all the point chart data into a searchable database that calculates points needed over the given time range. Unless one misses a point chart revision, or has a data entry error, they should all spit out the same total.

To add on to Clara’s question— can you only do this when the resort is the same? I’m assuming yes. I’m a pretty new DVC member and I’ve spent a decent amount of time searching these boards, but am still looking for a resource about transferring points between contracts (and I see that people here also sell points for transfer, which I presume is at least slightly cheaper than buying them from Dis?
This was a wonky year for me because I have 60 Sept Next UY VGC points that I bought from a DIS board member in my AUL membership & 135 Dec Next Year VGC UY & 90 Feb Current Year VGC that needed to be banked & 200 Feb Next Year VGC.

So, MS transferred all of the DEC VGC points, all of the bankable FEB current VGC points, and everything except for 27 of next years FEB VGC points to the AUL membership where the transferred in points were locked and untransferable. We booked the room under the AUL membership.

In the future, I’ll just call and and transfer the points to one of the other VGC memberships and book from there with MS….

And if @ClaraOswald has extra points then I’ll buy them from her and just transfer them into one of my VGC memberships and not commingle with the AUL membership. 😁

Transfering between memberships makes them unbankable right?

You bank transferred points but not borrow them. And you can not transfer points that are already banked.

Once transferred, they follow all the same rules as before so you want to be sure they will work for the trips you want to use them for.

The 11 month window would be the same as it is based from the date of check in as long as the points are active during the stay.

Actually it would be different if you are booking some nights on one and some on the other.

For example, if I want to book a week and don’t want to transfer points between the two then you do have two windows.

It’s only when you move the points so they are in the same membership does the window stay the same since you can not book one single reservation

Question….as relative newbies how does this work if you purchase resale that has banked points? We purchased direct and resale but our resale we bought didn’t have any banked points, but I often see listings that do have banked points.

Question….as relative newbies how does this work if you purchase resale that has banked points? We purchased direct and resale but our resale we bought didn’t have any banked points, but I often see listings that do have banked points.

The points work the same and just have to be used for a trip in the UY they are banked.

Ok thanks! so the banked points would transfer to our banked points at the same resort? If our banked is zero, we’ll suddenly have a balance there? Am I understanding that correctly?

Ok thanks! so the banked points would transfer to our banked points at the same resort? If our banked is zero, we’ll suddenly have a balance there? Am I understanding that correctly?

If you buy a contract with banked points, those points will be there when the contract is transferred to you and be there in your membership.

Nothing adds to what you already own. Contracts always stay individual. But, if you a second contract at the same resort and it’s the same UY, with the same owners, then you would have those points to use with whatever other points you have availBe in your membership.

I bit the bullet and added a second UY for VGC's sake as my original was August. And then a 3rd for an even bigger VGC contract. I actually find that although it does take more active management, it's nice to have new points coming in every few months. And active management kind be a fun distraction from daily life. I tend not to play the transfer game and instead keep bookings within each UY, so my advice would be that if you want to avoid MS calls and making things really complicated, make sure that each UY has enough points for a full reservation and use each membership as a standalone membership. My distribution is about 200/100/100 among the 3 UY and I can generally get what I want by banking and borrowing rather than transferring points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter