Grand Cali- Hard to Get?

Andrea0710

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to be able to rent a studio at Grand Cali for next June, but I was wondering how difficult this will be since we cannot book until 7 months out in November. Thanks in advancE

Tough........if not near impossible. Be flexible with dates and watch constantly as soon as the 7 month window opens. We had hoped for June in a studio, but after nearly a month of stalking ended up with 5 nights in July and we were VERY lucky.

Best of luck for you :)

We had a previously planned a six night Dineyland trip for end of August with reservations at the Westin and then we bought a BWV resale contract in April with a few 2022 points left. Got the points loaded June 1st and set a Studio wait list for the first and last night of the trip and then started checking the website multiple times a day looking for a room. On June 8th found a Studio for night 5 and a couple days later found a one Bedroom for night 4. On the June 18th my waitlist came through for night 6 and set a waitlist to swap the oneb edroom for a Studio (and save 26 points). That wait list came in exactly 31 days from checking so saved points can be banked.

Through stalking and waitlist we now have 3 nights in a Studio during the summer booked at less than 3 months out. It can be done without owning a VGC contract, just takes a lot of work and luck/pixie dust. Of course YMMV.

Please note that stalking and waitlisting are owner specific things and won't be things a renter can do.

It's hard but doable. We always book at the 7 month window for either July or August and always have secured a room. Just be ready to go exactly on your seven month date. We have more luck I think because we don't book seven night stays at Disneyland, as three nights is sufficient for us (then we do the Hotel Del in Coronado). So for a three-night stay at seven months, based on our experience, you should have a good chance of success (especially if you can be flexible on when those three nights begin).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter