• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Super Thread

Hey, does anyone know if:

1) They're back to daily housekeeping in the rooms? (Not club or villa, just the regular old $800/night rack rate rooms. lol.)

2) They have room service, especially for breakfast? (Our strategy has always been to get room service at the earliest possible time, then eat while we're getting ready to line up at the gate.)
1. Every other day. I believe Club level rooms are back to daily. But if you need more towels or help with linens, call, they will assist. BTW - None of the Anaheim area hotels have daily housekeeping back. Most you have to call for even towels and trash.

2. No room service, and it likely won't be back for a while. But there is delivery to the lobby by many restaurants, and Craftsman's Grill is open for breakfast at 6 or 630.

Can't believe I missed that when getting the Dream Key. Looks like Disney snuck one passed us. Free parking, discounts for purchases and dining. But no DLR lodging discounts. :mad:

Not YET. We'll see them probably starting next January.

If it makes you feel any better, they didn't offer hotel discounts to passholders before except as specific promotions like the fall special. Maybe a long time back they did, but I honestly don't remember, if so. Some of the other hotels like Hojo gave AP discounts, though.

They had a standing 10% AP hotel discount that was good most Sun-Thurs nights.

They had a standing 10% AP hotel discount that was good most Sun-Thurs nights.
At DLR? When was that? I usually went when there was some kind of discount (Dapper Day, fall/winter special, Jan, etc) but I don't remember the 10% off. But I'm old and I don't remember a lot of things, ha ha.

We had APs in 2014/1025 and never did come up with an AP discount for our onsite rooms.

At DLR? When was that? I usually went when there was some kind of discount (Dapper Day, fall/winter special, Jan, etc) but I don't remember the 10% off. But I'm old and I don't remember a lot of things, ha ha.

You'd have to call to get it and specifically ask for it. We used it when there were no other public discount or military discount options.

They also default to 10% when you ask for a "military discount" and to get the better one, you have to know to ask for the "Armed Forces Salute discount."

Last edited:
You'd have to call to get it and specifically ask for it. We used it when there were no other public discount or military discount options.

They also default default 10% when you ask for a "military discount" and to get the better one, you have to know to ask for the "Armed Forces Salute discount."
Well now, isn't that sneaky? :rolleyes:

Has anyone not had luck using the delivery service to the hotel? Going back and forth on making a reservation for somewhere on arrival night or just ordering delivery to the hotel to eat in our room and relax after a long drive…

Has anyone not had luck using the delivery service to the hotel? Going back and forth on making a reservation for somewhere on arrival night or just ordering delivery to the hotel to eat in our room and relax after a long drive…

Are you talking about the Downtown Disney mobile order delivery? I haven't heard of any issues. It's also easy to just head into DTD and grab food from any of the several places that have a walk up option: Napolini, Earl of Sandwich, Tequeria at TJs, Ralph Brendan's Expreess, LaBrea Express, and I believe you can get Black Tap packed up to go if you don't want to sit there to eat. In addition, Hearthstone lounge has a to go option but is also a wonderful choice for a good meal at the hotel and they do not do reservations. They open at 4pm daily and have great food, drinks and the BEST desserts (besides Napa Rose).

Hello! We are heading to GCH in October, and have a 1 bedroom suite booked (hotel side, not DVC). I’d be interested to hear anything that people are willing to share about these rooms as I’m not finding a lot online about them. Also, does anyone know if the hotel offers rollaway beds? My teens would rather not share the foldout if possible. :D

Hello! We are heading to GCH in October, and have a 1 bedroom suite booked (hotel side, not DVC). I’d be interested to hear anything that people are willing to share about these rooms as I’m not finding a lot online about them. Also, does anyone know if the hotel offers rollaway beds? My teens would rather not share the foldout if possible. :D
This is a walkthrough of a 1-Bed suite with an adjoining lockoff studio added to make it a 2-bedroom. So you can focus on everything before she enters the "adjoining" room. These suites are located on the "ends" of the hotel wings. If you Google a hotel room map, you can see the larger footprints of the suites at the end of a wing. The suite in the video looks like room# x014 & x013 (studio) on the 4th floor, I think. Might be 5th. Have fun! :thumbsup2

Our stay isn't til November, but we did stay at DLH last week. Hotel mobile order ends at 9pm. And some locations may even have a limit on orders for the night. So we had to use the regular mobile order.

(there's a specific QR code in the hotels. My only option was Jazz Kitchen on a Saturday night. But they were no longer accepting orders. So I just place a mobile order for pick up at Tangaroa Terrace/Trader Sam's)

I've been reading through years of this thread, but I haven't quite seen all of it yet. I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. Is it possible to get a 6th floor room (or 5th if that's the top floor in that area) without having club level? Thanks!

The 1BR Suites are pretty much just two standard adjoining hotel rooms where the second room has couch and chair instead of beds. They are no more fancy than a standard room, just two of them. No roll aways...not sure if they are still a thing but they used to supply air mattresses upon request.

I've been reading through years of this thread, but I haven't quite seen all of it yet. I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. Is it possible to get a 6th floor room (or 5th if that's the top floor in that area) without having club level? Thanks!
Yes, it is possible. 6th and 5th floor rooms near the Veranda will usually be club level, in particular the rooms on the hallway between the lobby and Napa Rose elevators.
Most top floor rooms have the balcony inset into the roofline, so the balcony is open to the sky.

There are several 1-bedroom suite layouts:

Some likely suite locations:
Suites created using the space of 2 standard rooms (not in a corner), could be located anywhere.
The signature suites are located on the top floor, in the green and yellow locations.
The red locations will be long walk, which will seem very long at the end of the day (5451 will have a nice view of fireworks)

Thank you all who’ve given information on the suites! We’re really excited!! We had originally booked the GCV through our DVC membership, and because of a glitch they had overbooked, and moved us to the hotel side suite. We’re looking forward to trying something new.

Thank you all who’ve given information on the suites! We’re really excited!! We had originally booked the GCV through our DVC membership, and because of a glitch they had overbooked, and moved us to the hotel side suite. We’re looking forward to trying something new.
Interesting. I'm guessing it was related to the breakout of accessible rooms? When that happened it seemed like all the avilability was reset for a few days. So great they were able to accommodate your dates. :thumbsup2

Yes, it is possible. 6th and 5th floor rooms near the Veranda will usually be club level, in particular the rooms on the hallway between the lobby and Napa Rose elevators.
Most top floor rooms have the balcony inset into the roofline, so the balcony is open to the sky.

Thanks so much for the info! I can tell you're the resident expert on the Grand Californian. After lots of research, it looks like the best rooms as far as views, at least IMO, are the 300-324 rooms and the rooms on either side of Napa Rose, facing the park. But, it seems like they're really only worth it if you're high enough up to see over the trees. Sounds like there's less chance to get a high room in the 300-324 range since that's closer to the Veranda, but I guess I can only put in my requests and see. I did notice that the balconies on the top floors are much nicer without the overhang from the room above! I would love to justify club level, but we're two single girls who plan to eat and drink our way around the parks, so I can't imagine needing anything from the Veranda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter