• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian afternoon tea

I've never been able to get a PS, yet I've never been turned away when I show up. I usually travel in value season ie Dec, Sep, Jan and May.

I'll be going there this week with my friend who is staying at the GF...

In early December of last year people were being turned away constantly from the tea if they did not have a PS. That time of year is off season but many are there to see the Christmas decorations.

My friends and I are doing this on Oct 14 before going to MNSSHP at MK. We have a PS. We all love tea and traditional English tea food (we're from a British colony after all!), so I think this will be great!

Yay! I made my PS for the tea this morning! :bounce:

The reservationist made me a little nervous though: when I requested the tea at the Garden View Lounge, she seemed very confused and said she was seeing two teas available: an afternoon tea and a British tea. :confused: So I made it for the afternoon tea. I might call back in a month just to confirm I did the right thing.....

The GF has 3 Teas

1) My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party. I believe it starts at 10:30.
2) The Wonderland Tea Party for children. It starts at 1:00.

3) The Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea is what you want and is what you asked for. The first seating starts around 2:00, and the second seating starts at 3:30.

Did they request a CC to hold the reservation? The first 2 require a CC.

I hope this helps.

Lori

Thanks, I asked for the afternoon tea but she still said she thought she saw two, each with different offerings. :confused: She didn't take a credit card though so I'm sure it's the right one!

But she said the times were anytime between 2:00 and 6:30, which seemed a little late for a tea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter