Grandparents and bath time ...

Oh I have no doubt about this. They already don't want to use the word "no" with her. Instead, they make a loud, annoying sound that alerts her to stop what she's doing.

Didn't keep her from picking up that word though and it seems to be one of her favorites. I'm guessing she picked it up at day care.

That's funny. My sister didn't use the word 'no' with my niece because they 'didn't want her to say no to them'. They sure used the word 'no' with the dog though, so DN quickly picked it up and said it to everyone.

I took showers and baths with my kids all the time when they were little. I would've had no problem with my parents doing the same but I would never suggest it.

I bathed with my kids when they were little, nothing weird about it at our house. I would not ask my parents or in-laws to do it though. At their ages, getting in and out of a tub is not easy, especially with a slippery child.

I've never taken a bath with any of my 3 children. DH and I have both taken showers with them (on child only) on occasion when they were older (like 3-4).

However, on this board everyone's kids start bathing themselves at 3 so your responses may be a little off the norm. hahaha

Sounds like your DIL relishes her time in the bath with her little one and thought you might enjoy it too and that's why she made the offer. I think that's sweet of her but certainly no big deal if you are more comfortable not doing it. It sounds like she just thought you might feel awkward asking so she made the offer. I'd just take in that spirit and let her know your own preferences.

I think my mom showered with my kids, but don't remember. I know she took my 1yr old niece into the shower with her regularly since it was just efficient. I should have too - I got super wet the one day I gave my niece a bath. They're so tiny and babies certainly don't care if you're naked or not. Then again, in our family - we tend to think nothing of it. We showered/bathed with our kids until they were rather old (especially when trying to efficiently clean up from the pool in a single hotel bathroom. I've now learned to either go up to the room in stages or use the pool shower whenever possible). They're teens now and don't need therapy yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter