• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Big List of Welcome Bag Ideas!

Heather, thanks for that list.

I would love to do welcome bags but I'm not very creative. I saw on another thread pictures of bags that had transfers put on them. Does anyone know if there is someone that will put the transfers on the bags for me? Of course I would expect to pay for these.

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie,

It really is easy to do transfers - you can get iron on transfer paper at Staples/Office Depot or a craft store. Print the image on your printer - and just iron it onto a canvas bag. There are probably places that would do it - there is usually a custom/embroidary type places in the mall, or maybe even your drycleaners might do it? You could also check with a craft store and see if they have someone who works there who might like to do it for you on the side or a crafty friend..

But you don't have to get that fancy.. we ended up getting sturdy paper bags with metal handles and the dollar store. They packed easy - we shipped them down ahead of time... and we figured (correctly) that people would discard them before they went home. I figured that folks wouldn't have much use for a canvas bag with our wedding info or something on it, and I wasn't going to make a custom bag for each person. It worked out well!

G/L,
--Heather

Great list!

I'm putting rigid plastic waterproof ID holders in the welcome bag. So the guys won't have to lug wallets around and they can even wear them in the pool and water rides.
Shopping
>
Cyclist accessories
>
Bag Misc.
PRICE : 4.93 US$
CALYPSO

4.93 US$
choose one or several products among the following references

Description ::
Bag Misc., calypso

Waterproof card holder
made of rigid plastic
with waterproof clip fastener Rigid plastic card holder

I'm also going to make ID lanyards for the children to wear with our names and phone numbers on them.

Jil

Thank you all soo much! This is incredibly useful!

Has anyone done a VERY SIMPLE version of a welcome bag? We have almost 150 people coming to our wedding, and don't have the money to do a nice, cute full welcome bag...but I was thinking of doing a little treat (Mickey rice krispy treats or something similar) tied with fun ribbon and a note attached, something like:

We hope you have a magical stay,
Can't wait to see you on our wedding day!

:goodvibes

Any other similar ideas?

:woohoo:Thank You sooo much for posting all of this welcome bag ideas! That is the next thing on my list of to do's!

thank you starting this thread, I've reaad through 6 pages of guest bag idea post to find this! It's just what I was looking for.

Anyone have any links to photos of their completed bags?

wow awesome list thanks! You must need a trash bag sized welcome bag for all those goodies!:lmao:

Our final bags for our 6/14/10 wedding included these items:
misting fans w/batteries
suncreen
bandaids
antibacterial wipes for hand/face
antibacterial wipes for surfaces
ponchos
glycerine soaps (my mom makes them, they smell so good)
glow bracelets
lip balm
Itineraries (Sun-Wed)
Hidden Mickey Pamphlet
Bottled Water
Coke
Chips
Peppermint puffs Candy
Pixie Sticks
Homemade Mickey head rice crispies treats w/ chocolate dipped ears

For the kids:
Cars coloring books
Car crayons
Toy Story paint by numbers kit
Tinkerbell diary
Cars kazoos
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coloring books
Mickey socks
Minnie socks
Pooh and Friends sticker books
foam football
glow necklaces
travel checkers game
100% Juice boxes (instead of coke)
Bottled water
chips
pixie sticks
Homemade Mickey head rice crispies treats w/ chocolate dipped ears

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter