Great food places near Aulani

jcharles

Earning My Ears
Hoping to make the trip within the next two years, which will be a first for my wife and I. We have a newborn and will likely have some other relatives come along! We’re new DVC members.

What are some great “off campus” eateries in the area to check out? Anything goes... fancy or casual. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. I know it’s a little soon, but I like to do my homework upfront :)

The one thing...I’m not a seafood person. But usually seafood places still have other options :)

There are many, many options in the town of Kapolei which is 5 minutes down the highway toward Honolulu.
By the time you go, it is possible more dining options will happen in Ko Olina. We were told another small retail mall is going on the plot of land just behind the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club in front of the marina.
There is also a couple of threads dedicated to this topic in the Aulani forum here on the Dis, search and you will find quite a few
The new Four Seasons has a couple of upscale (expensive) options as well

Kapolei got a Cheesecake Factory a few months ago!! And that new area of mall has lots of good choices having come in this past year. For walkable, Roys is tasty. I don’t like Monkeypod but it’s good for happy hour. The pizza place is pretty bad but cheap and so you gotta grade ok a curve : )

Monkeypod...our last 10 day trip we went 4 times total, it's just across the street and so good. We ate something different each time and all meals were delicious.

We liked Island Vintage Coffee as an alternative spot for breakfast. There's one in that plaza just across the street from Aulani. There's also a pizza place called Pizza Corner that delivers for free to Kapolei. They serve large, NY style pizza (very greasy but pretty good). I'm not sure how it compares quality/price wise to the pizzas they make on-site, but it's a quick and easy option that's good for a group.

OK if you want cheap local filling food, Kapolei is where you will need to go. For breakfast I recommend Koa Pancake House and My Cafe. For lunch and dinner there are multiple options. Ramen I would recommend Ramen Bones. Sushi there is Sushi Bay and Genki Sushi. Burgers I would go with Teddys Bigger Burger, for curry there is Coco Curry House next door another restraunt next door has hot pots if that is your thing. If you like yakiniku there is Gyu Kaku by Target. Also if you like a little cheaper menu you can goto Eating House 1849 which is also owned by Roy Yamaguchi and it is right next to Gyu Kaku. There is also Denny's and Ruby Tuesdays in the same shopping center with Target. Great Italian place like someone mentioned at Assagio and if you like pho there is Pho and Company right next to the old consolidated theatres. If you are willing to drive to Ka Makana Alii mall there is a brand new less than 2 month old Cheesecake factory. Also in same shopping center there is a California Pizza Kitchen, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, Five Guys Burgers (get ready to pay double what it costs on the mainland US) and a bunch of other eateries. I have seen a shuttle around Koolina that goes to Ka Makana Alii mall during the day. However I have not taken it so might want to ask the hotel.

If you have any more questions post away or pm me and I will help you as best as possible.

Thanks for all of the ideas so far! We definitely will try the Italian place for dinner when the time comes. I imagine we’ll at least eat on site part of the time, but this has been great. When we go, I’ll be prepared to know the good spots.

Monkeypod (1/2 price appetizers)
Koa Pancake House (Mac nut pancakes with coconut syrup... yum!)
Aloha Salads

Thanks for all of the ideas so far! We definitely will try the Italian place for dinner when the time comes. I imagine we’ll at least eat on site part of the time, but this has been great. When we go, I’ll be prepared to know the good spots.

Please be aware that Assaggio's doesn't have a kid's menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter