Would you use the discount?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
A family member of ours is attending the ASME power conference in anaheim in aug. We are going to go to the parks with them. they get hotel and ticket discounts. Our family member will be staying with his girlfriend in their room using her discount, but offered to get us a room using his discount rate. Is this allowed since they are attending the event, but the room would end up in our name so we can check in on our own? He said he could just send us the link so we can sign up. Or would you say this falls in the ethical grey area. Then again, if they ask us for proof we are attending the conference, we would not be able to provide any and i don't know if its worth the risk of having our tickets/room revoked for misuse.
Thoughts or am I over thinking?
What would you do?

I have faced something similar at Walt Disney World resorts and when I called the reservation line and described the situation, they always have let me book a second room.

Seems legit enough, but might put him on the room, and another in the other room to be safe. Many of the conferences are checking room rosters against enrollments. The conference rater tickets was a significant savings but the website from Diseny also had a warning about not sharing. If you're staying at the Hilton or Marriott do check some of the other hotels near by, like the Clarion or Sheraton, I beat the rates of the Hilton by staying at the Sheraton and it was much quieter.

Seems legit enough, but might put him on the room, and another in the other room to be safe. Many of the conferences are checking room rosters against enrollments. The conference rater tickets was a significant savings but the website from Diseny also had a warning about not sharing. If you're staying at the Hilton or Marriott do check some of the other hotels near by, like the Clarion or Sheraton, I beat the rates of the Hilton by staying at the Sheraton and it was much quieter.
We would be staying at the DLH which provides a savings of an average of i think 200-300/night. Plus we then get the perk of early entry.

As long as you have a relationship with the person attending the meeting, and you do, I see no ethical problem. My family attends professional meetings with me routinely. Just make sure the room reservation is clearly affiliated with the actual person attending the meeting (as Steve mentioned above) or the roster check may leave you homeless or paying rack rate. He could book 2 rooms, adding your names to the second reservation and you would simply split the payment at checkout. It would be similar to him bringing a spouse and 4 kids, they would need 2 rooms due to capacity.
Meeting often want extra rooms booked in their group so they reach a critical minimum number set by their contract. Trust me, it's really painful for an organization when they don't reach their minimum...
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter