• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians of the (Epcot) Galaxy

I posted the direct link to the doctor strange audition a few days ago in the news round up thread. Doctor strange will be used in a show of sorts rather than s meet and greet but yes he will be in WDW.
Honestly I never saw that which is why I posted it here

And that's why Disney will eventually become an Amusement Park.
Wait until Pandora opens, then come back to us with that. They still do immersive lands. Some are IP based, but still immersive and theme park lands. I also think SWE will also be that spectacular as well.

Rumor
Well I have some bad news folks...

Spirit is back and says that Disney execs are liking the plans for the DCA ToT redo so much so that DHS is also going to get it... However it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018.

He says Ellen's Energy Adventure has new plans that if it happens would open for the WDW 50th. He does not give an IP but says that Tron was one of the ideas tossed around.

He says WDI had plans for the guardians coaster in Epcot but costs sky rocketed and passed up the cost of radiator springs racers which is the most expensive attraction Disney has built. The coaster would have been similar to the planned Captain america coaster for DCA.

So glad we know about this possibility BEFORE our last scheduled Disney trip for the foreseeable future. I'll warn the kids to get as many rides on it as they can!

I seriously hope Spirit is wrong because otherwise I will be doing this >:(:confused::faint::sick::sad::sad::sad2::sad:

That is how I feel about the California ToT situation. I'm crossing my fingers it goes over so poorly and turns out to be a giant waste of money that they leave ToT at Hollywood Studios alone. I need it somewhere.

I seriously hope Spirit is wrong because otherwise I will be doing this >:(:confused::faint::sick::sad::sad::sad2::sad:

We're bidding adieu to our ToT at DCA next month. I've already gone through the emotional adjustment. Now the entire ride is just dead to me.

That is how I feel about the California ToT situation. I'm crossing my fingers it goes over so poorly and turns out to be a giant waste of money that they leave ToT at Hollywood Studios alone. I need it somewhere.

I'll do my part and refuse to ride it when it opens after the retheming.

Last edited:
So to further summarize this....
GoTG is coming to WDW - for now it is once again targeted for DHS and for now ToT.
Also, per Spirit - UoE is closing and will be rethemed- IP tbd for now, but Tron was and or is one option

Heck, if RnR is eventually going to lose Aerosmith anyway, why not come up with a GotG retheming there instead of ToT?

That would be a great fit but then that makes too much sense doesn't it?

IF they change RNR to Mickey and GMR to Mickey (per RUMORS)... I think they have one Mickey too many in the same park.

That would be a great fit but then that makes too much sense doesn't it?

IF they change RNR to Mickey and GMR to Mickey (per RUMORS)... I think they have one Mickey too many in the same park.
RnRc isn't becoming Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter