Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble figuring out how the concept art compares to the current France configuration. It looks like not only will France get an expansion, but the existing layout will completely changed.

There's water on the right of the concept art. And there's a green roofed pavilion at the bottom which matches up with a green roof towards the entrance of current day France. Does that mean the Eiffel Tower will be moved? It looks like in the concept that it's a larger replica.

I cannot wait though. I've been on Rat in Paris and it'll be a great addition to Epcot.

Considering it is a existing property I hope that the ratatouille ride may debut a little earlier. However with so many construction projects going on at once I kinda doubt it. Here's hoping for 2019 though!

I can't wait for both of these! I know it's not what some people like, but I really love Guardians and I think they'll add humor and fun back into the Universe of Energy building, which I am BEYOND glad they're keeping in tact! That building is one of my favorites. The design is just gorgeous! Ellen's was incredibly dated and, dare I say it, the perfect place for a nap and that's about it. Will miss the animatronic dinosaurs, though!

I'm having trouble figuring out how the concept art compares to the current France configuration. It looks like not only will France get an expansion, but the existing layout will completely changed.

There's water on the right of the concept art. And there's a green roofed pavilion at the bottom which matches up with a green roof towards the entrance of current day France. Does that mean the Eiffel Tower will be moved? It looks like in the concept that it's a larger replica.

I cannot wait though. I've been on Rat in Paris and it'll be a great addition to Epcot.
The area in the concept art is behind the France pavilion. You will walk along the path to the right of he France pavilion and it will take u to this with the Rat ride being straight ahead and taking up the lot next to France. It is confusing but the current pavilion will stay intact while this is added behind and next to it

I'm glad to see it looks like the Energy building will stay, it is a cool design. It would be neat if they can reuse the dinos somehow & still the Energy concept. Will be interesting to see what kind of ride it will be.

Excited for Ratatouille coming too, about time more rides came to World Showcase.

I'm glad to see it looks like the Energy building will stay, it is a cool design. It would be neat if they can reuse the dinos somehow & still the Energy concept.
I'm not familiar wit GoG. Are there any dinosaurs, or time travel?

Does anyone think there is a chance we'll get Chez Remy in France as well? That would save me a ton of money compared to going to Disneyland Paris. :)

I'm excited about the Ratatouille attraction. Not so much about Guardians. Wouldn't that fit better at DHS?

I think it will work alright in EPCOT as it sems liek there will now be a little area devoted to space with GotG, the new space restaurant (possibly going where WoL was), and Mission Space all being together. However I do think overall DHS would be a better fit but that's more because I odn't think there isn't anything that doesn't fit that park. It's kind of a catch all right now for IPs. Conservation and animals fit AK, more realistic/educational stuff sems to fit EPCOT, and classic/animated fits MK. But really anything coudl go into HS and work.
With the ongoing rumors of Star Tours eventually closing after Galaxy's Edge opens I do think that an easy verlay for it woudl have been to turn it into a GotG attraction with people taking a ride on the Milano. Could have had a small Guardians land that would take over hte space from STar Tours to Indiana Jones and done a big E-Ticket aroud the area of the stunt show, but in a couple other buildings for shops/food and then wrap to a Milano simulator and woudl have had a decent Guardians miniland.

I'm glad to see it looks like the Energy building will stay, it is a cool design. It would be neat if they can reuse the dinos somehow & still the Energy concept. Will be interesting to see what kind of ride it will be.

Excited for Ratatouille coming too, about time more rides came to World Showcase.

Maybe they could reuse them in MK - with the concept art for the Tron ride it looks like the train will have to go through a bit of a tunnel and perhaps they could recreate something like what they have the train go through at disneyland with the primeval world scene

I think it will work alright in EPCOT as it sems liek there will now be a little area devoted to space with GotG, the new space restaurant (possibly going where WoL was), and Mission Space all being together. However I do think overall DHS would be a better fit but that's more because I odn't think there isn't anything that doesn't fit that park. It's kind of a catch all right now for IPs. Conservation and animals fit AK, more realistic/educational stuff sems to fit EPCOT, and classic/animated fits MK. But really anything coudl go into HS and work.
With the ongoing rumors of Star Tours eventually closing after Galaxy's Edge opens I do think that an easy verlay for it woudl have been to turn it into a GotG attraction with people taking a ride on the Milano. Could have had a small Guardians land that would take over hte space from STar Tours to Indiana Jones and done a big E-Ticket aroud the area of the stunt show, but in a couple other buildings for shops/food and then wrap to a Milano simulator and woudl have had a decent Guardians miniland.

Could the make it a whole Indy area and retheme to to an Indy attraction?

Other direction is Muppets Courtyard so could also expand that and Retheme it to a Muppets ride

Though of course an active online Disney community didn't exist in 1996 when UoE first became Ellen's Energy Adventure, does anybody remember what the fan reaction was at the time? Was the attitude more "why are we losing our beloved UoE! Ellen will ruin this!" or "wow, this is a great new update"?

I thin an Indy addition would be great. Had posted on another thread about replacing the stunt show with an attraction similar to the ones at Disneyland and Tokyo. Would be a lot of fun and feel the stunt show (while fun) is getting a bit dated and old. Could even do a bit of both and make Star Tours into an expansion of the Muppets (had seen someone on another thread mention Pigs in Space). Could see them do a fun zany adventure with a 3D Muppet simulator.
They might have room to do botha dn give Muppets Star Tours and do an Indy mini land as well with the Stunt Show area and Backlot Express spot and could do the dark ride and maybe fit in the Indy Coaster from Paris as well.

So far saw the report of GMR's last day being August 13th, but apparently that is last day too for Ellen's Energy Adventure (according to MDE) - guess they are getting started on this soon

IMG_5019.PNG

The area in the concept art is behind the France pavilion. You will walk along the path to the right of he France pavilion and it will take u to this with the Rat ride being straight ahead and taking up the lot next to France. It is confusing but the current pavilion will stay intact while this is added behind and next to it
Yep, it took me a bit to figure this out.

So now that the new Guardians ride has been announced for Epcot, has there been any word of what kind of ride it will be? I assume a thrill ride, since Did is already building another family ride in the France pavilion and because the Guardians franchise is targeted for teenagers and older.

From what I understand about the presentation from D23 yesterday was The Guardians of the Galaxy ride (supposedly a hybrid of dark ride and roller coaster) it would take over the space currently occupied by the rapidly aging Universe of Energy. The only story detail we know for sure is that a young Peter Quill apparently visited Epcot as a kid.

Any idea when construction will start in France?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter