• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble figuring out how the concept art compares to the current France configuration. It looks like not only will France get an expansion, but the existing layout will completely changed.

The area in the concept art is behind the France pavilion.

I think he actually said the attraction would be "behind the Eiffel Tower" in the presentation... or did I imagine that? The latter is possible... it was a lot to take in!! :)

The closing date being so soon for this and great movie ride makes me wonder how long it'll be for construction.

Now where am I supposed to nap for 45 minutes? :)

When I told my DD this morning about Ellen's impending closure she said exactly that ^!

The area in the concept art is behind the France pavilion. You will walk along the path to the right of he France pavilion and it will take u to this with the Rat ride being straight ahead and taking up the lot next to France. It is confusing but the current pavilion will stay intact while this is added behind and next to it

Thanks for that explanation. I was trying to wrap my head around the placement.

Thanks to MisterPenguin on wdwmagic here is the set up

View attachment 253430

Every time I see one of these maps it blows my mind how much space is actually available and unused in WS.

I'm looking forward to Ratatouille.

I'm waiting on experiencing Guardians before I form an opinion. I'm not a fan of that particular IP (which I realize is blasphemy to many folks in these here parts ;)).

The area in the concept art is behind the France pavilion. You will walk along the path to the right of he France pavilion and it will take u to this with the Rat ride being straight ahead and taking up the lot next to France. It is confusing but the current pavilion will stay intact while this is added behind and next to it

View attachment 253430
If that placement is correct, it looks to me like the concept art is not behind the current pavilion, but the area to the right of it (i.e., between France & the IG canal.) POV is approximately the location of the France F&W booth, with right side of the existing pavilion in the center of the picture and the Rat show building on the right.

If that placement is correct, it looks to me like the concept art is not behind the current pavilion, but the area to the right of it (i.e., between France & the IG canal.) POV is approximately the location of the France F&W booth, with right side of the existing pavilion in the center of the picture and the Rat show building on the right.
The concept art is behind. The image I posted shows you how everything sets up. France is getting a major expansion here.

Please let this be just the first of several phases! EPCOT desperately needs a few shots in the arm to bring it back to life. It was such an awesome park at one time and it can be once again.

I guess Disney figures that predicting and presenting the future here on Earth is a no-win game, so you might as well showcase space.

Definitely mixed emotions regarding these changes. I know that people, myself included, are always skeptical when they say that changes are due to 'guest demand' but I spend a lot of time in Epcot walking around, and I have certainly heard people say that it is missing the 'Disney feel', I obviously don't agree, but it doesn't shock me that people may actually feel this way.

I am excited about Ratatouille coming, it seems like a good ride, and I do think that it fits in the France pavilion.

With the new "Guardians" ride it feels like alien overload now. All 4 parks have alien stuff/crap, I wish they would have went with something else. But ohhh well... what's a 38 year old boy to do?

I guess I can live with it. Besides I don't want to be the only one chained to Ellen's energy, that would look strange. Looking at the bright side at least it will make people go left in the morning. I will no longer have to push children and old ladies into the bushes... Hey I need to get to "Living with the Land".

I'm happy about Ratatouille though, I have been wanting that one for a long time. Daddy likes.

View attachment 253430

Holy crap, France is going to be huge. It's like Super Christmas, we are getting to keep our current presents and are getting more in the future. I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but I'm still holding out hope for "Chez Remy" to replace "Chef de France" as well, that place is sweeet.

I'm as giddy as a whole bus load of schoolgirls.

Also as crazy as I'm not for guardians to Epcot, I think if future world is rebranded it'll work alright. Discoveryland would be a great label for it. I think that coupled with a mostly true to form (sorry frozen) showcase would work for me

I would like Discoveryland as a vision. It works for me

I would like Discoveryland as a vision. It works for me

Yep, me three. The only thing that feels futuristic in Epcot now is Spaceship Earth. But even that ride is mostly set in the past.

Discovery, Traveling and Journey's seem to fit the current and future futureworld more than future.

On the issue of Epcot's "Original Vision". The original vision was a World's Fair-esque technology showcase; idealistic but I think ultimately unrealistic. Technology is expanding at an increasingly exponential rate making the creation of any theme park around it financially implausible. Investing millions into an attraction that will be out of date two years from now requiring even more money will never lead to a successful park.

I am skeptical of Guardians too but let's give Disney a chance to show us what they can do. For many of us we felt the same way with Pandora and many were pleasantly amazed by what they gave us.

Last edited:
The Ratatouille ride in Paris is one of the most fun rides I've ever been on

It will be a great addition to any park

DLP built a new 'Parisian' area to the Studios Park for the ride, along with the Chef Remy Bistro (which is also very cool)

A perfect sync with the France pavilion

Confused by people upset about not being true to the original concept of EPCOT. Has it ever been a community where people lived and worked? No? Then we probably should've stopped being worried about "original concept" decades ago.

Confused by people upset about not being true to the original concept of EPCOT. Has it ever been a community where people lived and worked? No? Then we probably should've stopped being worried about "original concept" decades ago.
I think people want it to be true to the original 1980s Epcot not Walt's vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter