Guide me to when and how to buy AP DVC and then link to MDE

I linked my Will Call number to my MDE and was able to get fastpass+ reservations. I think MS is wrong when they tell you it can't be done.

I tried several times to link the will call numbers to MDE, but it keeps giving me an error message. I will try again today and if that doesn't work I will call MS again today. ;) Thanks!

That is not correct, many of us have linked our annual pass Will Call number to My Disney experience and then booked our Fastpass+

Does your will call # have 4 Letters then numbers?

The vouchers are the only thing I know has been giving them problems.

Some problems using MDE are on the side of the users, browser issues. I used Google chrome and found it works best and it has to be the most current edition.

My will call number has 4 letters and 8 numbers. Do you think it's because I bought 4 APs and only have 1 will call number? It's so frustrating!

I have will try using Chrome today and see if that works. Thanks!

I can't link our PAP will call number either and I have been trying for months. We check in on Nov 30th and won't be able to make FP+ reservations until we get there and pick up our PAPs from Guest Relations.

I have been given three different explanations, none of which make sense to me as I know other people have linked their will call numbers without a problem.

1) Will call numbers can't be linked to MDE.

2)They can't be linked because there are 3 tickets on the one will call number and the system can't recognise this.

3)They can't be linked because DVC APs do not have ticket numbers associated with them until they are redeemed.

Needless to say I am not very happy with Disney right now!

Sounds exactly like my scenario! I have 4 DVC PAP's with 1 will call number. We check in on Nov 20th. I am afraid none of the FP+ that I want will be left by the time I can book them.

I thought about getting the APs last fall but wasn't sure if we would be able to make use of them. Turns out now, that we will but I didn't buy them. Instead I got tix from UT for our November trip. We are also planning a trip in March. I already linked our UT tix to MDE and plan to upgrade to AP's while at WDW in November so we can use them in March too. No idea, if we will be able bridge them because I don't know if the tix are activated already from having linked them to MDE. Guess I will find out! Still excited to be going in less than a month and getting to go again in March. First time EVER to buy AP's!!!!

I ordered my DVC AP online too (the discounted one from last year for 2 people) but MDE would have none of it and the Will Call number just resulted in an error. However the email confirmation also gives you a link to the website and a printable Will Call certificate - which includes a bar code.

Printing and scanning this via my phone app worked and I then had no problem assigning the 2 AP's to myself and my other half who's linked in MDE - might be worth a try if you can get access to that barcode.

I ordered my DVC AP online too (the discounted one from last year for 2 people) but MDE would have none of it and the Will Call number just resulted in an error. However the email confirmation also gives you a link to the website and a printable Will Call certificate - which includes a bar code.

Printing and scanning this via my phone app worked and I then had no problem assigning the 2 AP's to myself and my other half who's linked in MDE - might be worth a try if you can get access to that barcode.
Seriously, I think I am helpless! Everyone is able to link their aps to MDE except me. I clicked on the link on the email that was sent to me, but it didn't show a barcode. Maybe because I chose to have the PAP's sent through the mail to me? I am about to call MS. Thanks for your suggestion about the barcode though. :)

Seriously, I think I am helpless! Everyone is able to link their aps to MDE except me. I clicked on the link on the email that was sent to me, but it didn't show a barcode. Maybe because I chose to have the PAP's sent through the mail to me? I am about to call MS. Thanks for your suggestion about the barcode though. :)

You're not the only one. I still can't link mine!

My email confirmation does not have a link to a Will Call certificate so no barcode just a Will Call number with 4 letters and 8 numbers.

I've spent about 2 hours on the phone today and spoken to 3 different managers, who clearly know less than I do about the whole process and I've been given another 3 different explanations to add to the 3 I've already been given. None of which make any sense! :furious: :badpc:

I give up! I'm done with the whole thing!

KBrown88 I hope you have better luck than me! Let us know if you manage to get it sorted.

You're not the only one. I still can't link mine!

My email confirmation does not have a link to a Will Call certificate so no barcode just a Will Call number with 4 letters and 8 numbers.

I've spent about 2 hours on the phone today and spoken to 3 different managers, who clearly know less than I do about the whole process and I've been given another 3 different explanations to add to the 3 I've already been given. None of which make any sense! :furious: :badpc:

I give up! I'm done with the whole thing!

KBrown88 I hope you have better luck than me! Let us know if you manage to get it sorted.

I called MS today. The lady I talked to was super friendly and was determined to get my PAP's linked. She tried several things with no luck. Then she spoke to someone in IT who thought they could help me. The IT lady asked if my tickets were will call and I said no there were to be mailed to me. She said that was the problem. That I had to wait until I had the tickets with the individual PAP numbers to link them to MDE. Well, darn it if I would have known that then I would have picked them up at Will Call. The IT lady said that my PAP's should be here by the end of the week. We shall see.........

My will call number has 4 letters and 8 numbers. Do you think it's because I bought 4 APs and only have 1 will call number? It's so frustrating!

I have will try using Chrome today and see if that works. Thanks!

I see now that you have Vouchers and not an email Will Call #.

If you chose to have them mailed to you, that is actually a voucher. Which is different from a Will Call # only.

Will call only does not involve any US postal mail, you get a confirmation email after you place your order online with a Will Call # that you take to Guest Services to pick up the annual pass.

You will still have to take the voucher that is mailed to you to Guest Services and pick up the actual hard copy AP, which is why I don't see any benefit to vouchers over simply going online, buying them, printing off the confirmation email that contains the Will Call # and then pick them up.

Will call only #s have not been giving the problems that vouchers have.

I know this won't help you now, but maybe someone else that is trying to decide which to get.

I have a voucher for the DVC PAP and I have not been able to link it to my MDE

After 30 minutes on hold with DVC member services, my PAP's are linked to MDE and I can make FP+'s! :cool1: Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas on what to do and for telling me that it could be done.

After 30 minutes on hold with DVC member services, my PAP's are linked to MDE and I can make FP+'s! :cool1: Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas on what to do and for telling me that it could be done.

Did you get an answer about whether or not they're active?

Did you get an answer about whether or not they're active?

I don't know about that. I was so excited that they got linked that I didn't think to ask. I should have asked. I ordered them on 10/12, but I assumed they wouldn't be active until we used them for park admission. :confused3

We just got our magic bands in the mail today. I talked with someone at member services, and they said we would be able to link our vouchers when they came in the mail, and they would not be activated till our first park use. (Just saying what they said, not sure I believe it's true lol)

Still, I'm not sure I want to risk it and try to link them. But it's tempting, given the fact I could try to make a couple fast pass selections... hmm...

She also told me to not try to link my Halloween tickets. That they are telling people due to some issues linking the event tickets to leave them off the bands. I was planning to try to link them, and just take the actual tickets with me in case they didn't work. But I guess I won't try that either lol.

I don't know about that. I was so excited that they got linked that I didn't think to ask. I should have asked. I ordered them on 10/12, but I assumed they wouldn't be active until we used them for park admission. :confused3

Unless something has changed within the last month, Disney does not mail out actual annual passes, they mail vouchers.

So if you get a voucher in the mail, your pass will have to be picked up at Guest Services at the parks or DD. It wont be active until then.

Unless something has changed within the last month, Disney does not mail out actual annual passes, they mail vouchers.

So if you get a voucher in the mail, your pass will have to be picked up at Guest Services at the parks or DD. It wont be active until then.

Yep, that is what DVC MS told me. That I would need to pick up the AP's when we get to DW. I am just glad that they got me all straightened out and I got to pick my fastpass + today. :thumbsup2

Problematic, so we won't be linking anything. You'd think they would've known this to be a potential problem.

Having never bought an AP before I am not familiar with how it works. Since I already have UT tix linked to my MB- when I go to upgrade my tix do I get an actually physical AP card or will it just be part of my MB?

Having never bought an AP before I am not familiar with how it works. Since I already have UT tix linked to my MB- when I go to upgrade my tix do I get an actually physical AP card or will it just be part of my MB?

You will get a hard plastic card for your AP, it is your choice if you want to link it to your magicband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter