Gulf Coast (SW of WDW) hotel recommendation needed please

riu girl

DIS Veteran
IMHO there are just too many fabulous areas in Florida. We are planning on extending our next WDW holiday to include about 5 nights at a west coast beach somewhere south of WDW. I was sure that I had made up my mind on St. Petes Beach but have now been reading about Fort Myers Beach/Sarasota area/Siesta Key:

Looking for a recommendation of a motel/hotel in this area (or any other area southwest of WDW):
Efficiency unit that will sleep 2 adults 2 kids
On the beach (or a short walk)
pool
CLEAN
Inexpensive

We don't care about area attractions since we will be coming off an 11 night holiday in WDW. We just want a nice beach, maybe a nice state park somewhere in the vicinity where we can see some wildlife would be nice.
But not really a "busy" area.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It is so hard to make a decision when Florida seems to have so many beautiful beaches.
Suzy V.
I am going to post this on the Budget,Orlando hotels, Canadian boards as well hoping to get as much response as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter