Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

@PaHunter we will have Mallory with us. I would like to take her to the outings she loves all the people. Hopefully Reba can come to. It’s not like Mallory will be able to get up and go over to her. We can keep them separate.

Only cause I am trying to plan, any thoughts on group dinners or do I need to just wing it?

Kris, we will try and bring her over with us, and well the Rockstar of course gets to stay. If our girl misbehaves she can go sit in the trailer. We have been trying to work with her around other dogs, but not always with positive results.

Well last year we did a group dinner and a crawfish boil. We will be bringing down 5lbs of hot dogs for a group dinner session.

We are also working on our dinner plans for the trip.

5 lbs of hot dogs. I can already feel my arteries hardening, but I'll be there with mustard in hand

Only cause I am trying to plan, any thoughts on group dinners or do I need to just wing it?

I'll bring a bunch of boxes/bags of toasted ravioli and my deep fryer. Donna will probably want pork steaks. I'm not as much a fan.

Chris, I wish I could find those prosciutto involtini we had at Peel when you were here. Those would be great too.

Randy and Nick were talking about shrimp, crawfish or something else too.

j

5 lbs of hot dogs. I can already feel my arteries hardening, but I'll be there with mustard in hand

I'll bring a bunch of boxes/bags of toasted ravioli and my deep fryer. Donna will probably want pork steaks. I'm not as much a fan.

Chris, I wish I could find those prosciutto involtini we had at Peel when you were here. Those would be great too.

Randy and Nick were talking about shrimp, crawfish or something else too.

j

Oh man those things were awesome.

Yeah I am definitely in in crawfish or shrimp boil. Chris, I am down for hot dogs as well but I like them best of charcoal or straight up fire. Hopefully Reba can hangout. May have to put her on the other side. Mallory just lays around and wants people.

I guess we can bring the veggies like usual. We are known for trying to get something green on the table!

I am pretty excited. Still debating on the 5k on Sunday morning. I have been battling an injury, still running but can’t run fast. It’s getting better and am starting to get some tempo runs. I might sign up just to see where I am at speed wise so I know how behind I am.

Yeah I am definitely in in crawfish or shrimp boil. Chris, I am down for hot dogs as well but I like them best of charcoal or straight up fire. Hopefully Reba can hangout. May have to put her on the other side. Mallory just lays around and wants people.

I guess we can bring the veggies like usual. We are known for trying to get something green on the table!

I am pretty excited. Still debating on the 5k on Sunday morning. I have been battling an injury, still running but can’t run fast. It’s getting better and am starting to get some tempo runs. I might sign up just to see where I am at speed wise so I know how behind I am.

the DW will appreciate getting something green on the table.

Have spent the day working on the truck and trailer, trying to fix some things, and make modifications. Now that the rain has started I guess I am done.

Not the way DW wanted to spend our anniversary, but I need to get these things done before GSP. Tomorrow is a rainfest and I will get nothing done outside. Only 18 days and we leave for GSP.

As a reminder I don't know if I'll get in Friday night or Sunday night.

And if I come in Friday night, I will have to head home and round trip it to get DW and bring her down on Sunday.

So I'm no help in the planning.

Other than I plan to be hungry.

Ed

PS - Chris, we are getting rain today here in Alabama so it has not been an outside day.

Rain here in MS as well. I took the opportunity to go ahead and pull the truck under the shop and change the oil.

gotta remember to pick up some more DEF and top off the tank, can't remember when the last time was I put some in it and there is no gauge.

Did get my new propane griddle top seasoned today before the rain hit.

It's a Blackstone 22 inch dual burner that came from Wal-Mart with a portable stand, lid, and conversion hose for a 20# tank for $150. I'm looking forward to using it at Gulf later this month. They make a 17 inch (single burner) which is smaller but given we typically have extra folks at times camping or visiting us, I wanted to go next size up. Cooking for 6-7 is not uncommon.

Here is the griddle on the stand (legs not extended).

I think carrying it in 3 pieces is better than struggling trying to carry it in one piece. The stand, the griddle top, and the elements/lid (which is pretty light). Here is the closer view of the patina after seasoning. Not sticky as it might appear to be.

Going to enjoy experimenting with this new cook toy at Gulf with steaks, fish, shrimp, and chicken plus vegetables. I like having the lid too.

ED

I'm looking forward to using it at Gulf later this month.

Going to enjoy experimenting with this new cook toy at Gulf with steaks, fish, shrimp, and chicken plus vegetables.
That looks great for bacon, eggs and sausage.

What time should we be over for breakfast?

j

It's a Blackstone 22 inch dual burner that came from Wal-Mart with a portable stand, lid, and conversion hose for a 20# tank for $150. I'm looking forward to using it at Gulf later this month. They make a 17 inch (single burner) which is smaller but given we typically have extra folks at times camping or visiting us, I wanted to go next size up. Cooking for 6-7 is not uncommon.

Here is the griddle on the stand (legs not extended).

I think carrying it in 3 pieces is better than struggling trying to carry it in one piece. The stand, the griddle top, and the elements/lid (which is pretty light). Here is the closer view of the patina after seasoning. Not sticky as it might appear to be.

Going to enjoy experimenting with this new cook toy at Gulf with steaks, fish, shrimp, and chicken plus vegetables. I like having the lid too.

ED

Very very nice. We have the 12 ft hose to connect our 17 inch to the trailer propane. Looks good, time to throw some bacon on there......

Oh cool! Puzzle and bacon! Ed, dude, you're the best!

I can see us now, piled up at the end of site 4, putting together a puzzle and mixing up waffles, grilled cheese, sausage, bacon...We'll be the hit of the campground!

It's a date then!

Ed, after you burn up an entire bottle of gas by the 2nd day with all this cooking I promise I'll pay for the first refill.

Hang on now, I'll take a few sliced mushrooms on mine.

Most likely we will have Emma's little yap dog at some point but she will be left in her kennel during events. She can annoying with her barking. As I stated before I will have a new pellet grill in time for the trip. I hope to do most the heavy outdoor cooking. It can do anything such as smoke, grill and seer. I'm hoping to do pork roast bar-b-que one day and smoked beef brisket on a big cookout day. Everyone is welcome to bring anything meat wise they want to try on it. Hopefully I can learn enough to feed us good before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter