Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

Since I already proclaimed that I would not leave in the event of a hurricane, the DW has asked of any of you that should that happen, if you would be so kind as to rescue the youngest DD and bring her north she would meet you.

When I asked about me, she simply replied: "You have life insurance".

@tiggerdad since youngest DD can feed, bath and do other important things herself, we can take her. Am sure Mallory would love it. There may be people better suited for a mini human though :).

Since I already proclaimed that I would not leave in the event of a hurricane, the DW has asked of any of you that should that happen, if you would be so kind as to rescue the youngest DD and bring her north she would meet you.

LOL

Is that in addition to the one you know about?

Well I'm sure I will be leaving my camper there to ride it out just like last time if we get hit again. It's fully insured with actual replacement cost and out of warranty so not counting the deductible I would be ahead if it was totaled. Besides I live only an hour away so it's not difficult to make a last minute run to safety.

I figure I'll just get it over with and jinx us with a post the month forecast for Gulf Shore, AL.

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 7.20.14 PM.png

I admit, could be better (haha).

ED

Last edited:
I will take Sunshine or Abundant Sunshine every day please.

I'm a little suspect with it only showing rain 1 day out of the 2 weeks. And I wonder how they define "Sunshine" vs "ABUNDANT Sunshine". Either way, I'll take it.

And then you have Randy's weather service long term warning.

So... we'll either have abundant sunshine (or just simple sunshine) or a hurricane. That's about the same accuracy we have up here with our weather people.

j

I'm a little suspect with it only showing rain 1 day out of the 2 weeks. And I wonder how they define "Sunshine" vs "ABUNDANT Sunshine". Either way, I'll take it.

And then you have Randy's weather service long term warning.

So... we'll either have abundant sunshine (or just simple sunshine) or a hurricane. That's about the same accuracy we have up here with our weather people.

j

I am going to go way out a limb here and say There will in fact be WEATHER of SOME SORT

Speaking of things to do during our time there. My step daughter told me today they want to go to the Thomas Rhett and Dustin Lynch concert at the Wharf most likely on Sunday May 26th at 7 pm. There is also a show the night before but I told her we'll probably have a big cook out that night. I also hope to have a movie under the stars if I can pull it off. When she told me about the concert I immediately volunteered myself and Emma to babysit the 3 year old grandson and we will swim late or go play goofy golf or anything else fun for a big toddler. Just putting it out there in case someone else might be a Thomas Rhett fan and wants to go.

Last edited:
I'll have guests staying with us from Friday through Monday on the arrival weekend, probably staying close to campground during that time and will utilize the following week when the crowds diminish to go out roaming. It's not for certain they will be staying with us, but most likely so. He's an engineer as well, as I remember he and Ed did have some complicated conversation when he visited with me 2 years ago. This likely means I'll wait on taking youngest DD to see Aladin during the following week. I'm being given grief from DW and oldest DD that they want to go see it at same time so I might have to wait until we get home to see it in order to keep the peace. :crazy:

My nephew is going to house sit for me. Funny thing, his schedule was too busy until I finished the pool...

For this reason we will likely leave the dogs at home with him. With it just being myself and youngest DD, it would make it difficult to keep them walking as they are both very active dogs. Again, I am getting grief for this. From the youngest DD who wants the dogs to go with us. :headache:

Gee whiz, tiggerdad, you seem to be catching grief from the ladies in your life every time you turn around. :sad2:

My nephew is going to house sit for me. Funny thing, his schedule was too busy until I finished the pool...

You have a few weeks yet to install some digital security cameras to record the entire pool area and to then inform him of their presence. How you would have the ability to check in and view them in real time. :surfweb: That kind of thing.
Just in case a pool party was to spontaneously, mysteriously break out. party:

Ed

The trials and tribulations of Tiggerdad. Let the youngest DD know we will have Reba with us and she is more than welcome to take her for a walk, etc. Reba will warm up to everyone very quickly, although she is not a fan of other dogs. If other pets will be present we will leave her in the trailer, where she would be able to see us anyway, since us and Tiggerdad have back to back sites.

Site 61 is a good site Chris. Lots of grass around you for the pet. There are several rabbits running around in that area as well as they like to hide in the brush between out sites. I've been on that site before and actually have it booked when I go back down in October as well.

You'll be more directly behind SouthAlabama5er, you will be able to see him pretty good, I'll be at an angle to you.

I'm brushing up on my YouTube videos on lock picking, mainly RV locks, more specifically A-liners. I figure since I won't have to do all that shopping I'll have more time for puzzles. We've all heard how twitchy Ed gets if people finish his puzzles too fast (I think his DD is the one who pushes this button the most). I figure it could be quality entertainment for him to find the puzzle mostly finished. :duck:

@PaHunter we will have Mallory with us. I would like to take her to the outings she loves all the people. Hopefully Reba can come to. It’s not like Mallory will be able to get up and go over to her. We can keep them separate.

Only cause I am trying to plan, any thoughts on group dinners or do I need to just wing it?

I'm not set on anything specific as far as foods go. I'll bring some chicken to grill, some ribs possibly. I think I'm going to mainly try some desserts this year until I get used to my new arrangement. Figure it'll be easier.

Would like for crawfish one evening.

Probably mostly wing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter