Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

So this morning we got up, went to leave the campground and the air hitch was not working. So, finally got it to at least produce air, not correctly, but air the bags at least. So we left there an hour later than we wanted to. Ran in to some traffic coming out of TN. Made it thru there ok, when the truck again flashed coolant critically low. What ?? So we pulled over, and we limped our way down to Gadsden. Campground is nice, quaint, and well, we are shoe horned in to our site. Not exactly, they moved us to P1 when they saw our set up. So tomorrow we will be headed south once again, for the Gulf.

Looks like a great start to the DIS meet. I won't bore you with the 11-12 hour work days right now and spending countless conversations talking people down that everything is going to fail. I love enterprise wide go-lives.

At least I get a little off time over the holiday weekend, but Tuesday starts the final push to Saturday am. We will switch over at 3am Saturday morning. I will be in about 2am to help with some interface and scanner reprogramming. Then I get the first shift in the command center, 530 am to 4pm.
Wish me luck that I can continue talking highly educated people off the ledge.

j

Looks like a great start to the DIS meet. I won't bore you with the 11-12 hour work days right now and spending countless conversations talking people down that everything is going to fail. I love enterprise wide go-lives.

At least I get a little off time over the holiday weekend, but Tuesday starts the final push to Saturday am. We will switch over at 3am Saturday morning. I will be in about 2am to help with some interface and scanner reprogramming. Then I get the first shift in the command center, 530 am to 4pm.
Wish me luck that I can continue talking highly educated people off the ledge.

j

Sounds like a lot more fun than outlet shopping.

Chris, So sorry for your loss! So hard to tell our 4 legged babies goodby before they go over the rainbow bridge. We are in site #3 arrived around 3:30. Also we will stay, have a toy hauler with plenty of movies & games to keep us out of trouble. Can't wait to meet others that are on their way. Had the pleasure to meet Michael & his family, Ed & Lisa.

Yes, we got in about 745pm in the last bit of remaining twilight and did the quick set-up in the Aliner. Popped it up, plugged it in, and turned on the AC. Tiggerdad came back to his site and wandered over to lend a hand. Headed out to Mikee's (a long time Top 5 of mine for no particular reason). The Oyster Po-Boy was hot and juicy (ok now I remember why I like Mikee's). On the way out said hello to Arnold and Glo right behind me. I'm gonna enjoy finding out definitively whose trailer is longer: theirs, Randy's, or Chris'. It may come down to mere inches.

We played cat and mouse with the rain on the way down but it was never bad. Got a little heavy on the Baldwin Beach Express after leaving I10 but it didn't last long. I tried to pack less this trip because it feels like a lot of stuff I load at home never makes it out of the car.

I will start producing pix tomorrow. It was dark just about when we got here. Hope we get a nice sunrise tomorrow. Mikee's was pretty full still at 9pm when we left (and it's a block or two off the main drags) so this could be a crowded holiday weekend down here for sure.

Bama Ed

The sun has risen and brought forth another day. The only rain we hit yesterday was as we pasted Rainsville, ironic. Got in in plenty of time, setup and took a walk to the falls. Took another walk after dinner, and will be closing up and hitting the road here shortly. See y'all later.

Here is my corner spot catching the sunrise.

20180525_064550.jpg

After breakfast, I finished the setup and got the hammock out.

20180525_100804.jpg

I brought stuff to set up outside considering how it easy it was to take down quickly and throw in the back of the 'Burban. That is based on past experience with weather here.

It's about 1030am and I'm finally in the shade catching up on the world and listening to my favorite Gulf Shores radio station Sunny 105.7FM with the weather updates every 20 minutes. It's breezy and sunny with some clouds but I am gonna keep an eye on the radar.

Randy/SouthAlabama5er and Chris/PaHunter should be inbound as we speak. Patrick is too (we need to get him a handle, ya'll...).

Ed

Last edited:
Rode bike over to pier for first time. You can do this now from campground thanks to the elevated crosswalk they have built.

Looking towards the ramp.

Looking back from the crosswalk.
IMAG1172.jpg

Across the crosswalk
IMAG1173.jpg

And back down again.
IMAG1176.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1185.jpg
    IMAG1185.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter