Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

Well today was another crap day at work. @Teamubr, our go live is this weekend, on the holiday. I am up in the mountains but stuck to my computer. It is horrible hoping I can hike next weekend.

I will say the weather has ended up great and I did work outside the last two days.

@Teamubr, our go live is this weekend, on the holiday. I am up in the mountains but stuck to my computer. It is horrible hoping I can hike next weekend.
That's not fair. I'm in meetings or on the phone dealing with issues from the meetings all day. At least I can play conference call bingo when I'm on those, but it is much harder to get anything accomplished on the calls. It still requires a face to face at some point. Or several emails to follow up and confirm things are getting done.

Have fun everyone. Enjoy the good weather while you have it.

j

Chris happy to see you made it safe and sound Hope you can figure out the problem with overheating over the next few days.

For everyone happy that the weather cooperated today and will do so for next few days.

Well today was another crap day at work. @Teamubr, our go live is this weekend, on the holiday. I am up in the mountains but stuck to my computer. It is horrible hoping I can hike next weekend.

I will say the weather has ended up great and I did work outside the last two days.
Your earlier post of your office has a great great view does make up some for being stuck doing work. Added bonus is I will bet Tiggerdad's rig and truck Mallory is happy to be there

That's not fair. I'm in meetings or on the phone dealing with issues from the meetings all day. At least I can play conference call bingo when I'm on those, but it is much harder to get anything accomplished on the calls. It still requires a face to face at some point. Or several emails to follow up and confirm things are getting done.

Have fun everyone. Enjoy the good weather while you have it.

j

I love conference call bingo we play that, but I almost lost it today. Short answer I had a meeting yesterday about an issue, half the people showed up, and I was told to deal with it. Same issue came up today from someone else. Everyone showed up, whined and crabbed and then we still decided to just deal with it as is. Not sure why it was not an issue when I brought it up. To boot someone then I asked me to kick off the call today, I was like WTH. Not sure if people are not interested because they think I am dumb, too young (which I am not) or a women. I hate playing that card but seriously I had the same conversation yesterday and no one cared, then they all thought it was my problem and it was not. I was stepping up trying to help.

It’s going to be a fun few weeks.

Hope the weather holds out. So far great for us.

I also managed to score all of Mallory’s medicine at the local Walmart. Unfortunately tomorrow stuck to computer at least till noon. We have some maintenance on the rig so that is the plan. Hopefully a little hike Sunday or Monday,

I'll pitch in my two cents on today's thrilling activities.

After showing the two cloud pictures, DW and I headed to WalMart to grocery shop and pick up stuff for tonight's cookout. Then lunch, a shower, and a nap made the afternoon complete. No rain after the midday Wally World shower went through so we were very fortunate.

I woke up just in time to bike around and take my position when PaHunter rolled by headed to his site. Michael/Tiggerdad, Randy/Southalabama5er, Patrick (JohnDeere1-his name I have assigned him), and myself remain a discreet distance down the road (three sites away) mostly (Joe/Flametamr helped spot him in) while Chris got his rig backed in. In the end, though, we couldn't stay away. I'll leave it to him to describe.

Then it was time to go back to site #4 where I was going to host the first cookout of this DISMeet. Folks brought stuff and showed up around 6pm and we ate about 645pm. We had chicken, hamburgers, and hot dogs. Everybody pitched in and I greatly appreciated it.

You know how shy we all are to be in camera but here was my setup as the charcoal was getting ready.

20180525_174959.jpg

20180525_175021.jpg

I think it went okay. I had my Fort Wilderness background loop playing (55 minutes long of bluegrass and associated music) that I "found" on the DIS oh so many years ago (and I have a nice Wilderness Lodge loop too that's almost an hour). Folks stayed and talked as it got dark and we broke up around 830pm and we had 15 people total. As I was cooking, I neglected my duties to take pictures of the food but trust me, it was ALL good.

The moon is bright tonight casting shadows if you can believe it. The sky is pretty clear but it's still warm and humid. If the weather is decent tomorrow morning, I'll break out the new puzzle and we'll get started on it. Garneska and Teamubr, I will miss you folks this year so I'll snap in a corner piece for each of you.

Ed

Last edited:
Had good eating this evening. Ed hosted and cooked up hamburgers, chicken, and hot dogs. Fantastic Ed!

Getting to meet some new folks and finally put some faces with those names.

Weather was great this evening. Alberto continues to be watched. For me this evening I'm looking at latest track and it's showing landfall Monday evening and night and going north right up my planned path to Meridian. As much as I would love to say I rode out a tropical Storm, I have to pull out Tuesday morning and potentially ride this storm all the way home. If this timing continues I may pull on out on Sunday. Will continue to watch for now and plan on deciding as it gets closer.

Ed, I love the screen room. How are those yellow flies this year? Maybe the storm will help keep them away. So sad to miss the cookout. We loved them. We, too, had burgers and corn last night. Tonight or tomorrow we will be having Bert’s famous asparagus.

Ed, I love the screen room. How are those yellow flies this year? Maybe the storm will help keep them away. So sad to miss the cookout. We loved them. We, too, had burgers and corn last night. Tonight or tomorrow we will be having Bert’s famous asparagus.

I miss the asparagus.

Screen room is mine. As you recall, DW is allergic/has severe blister reaction to the yellow flies so we have to keep her in that otherwise she has to stay in camper.

Worked puzzle this morning. Heading back shopping for DW now. Great...

To everyone enjoying this weekend together at GSP please stay safe. Fox News just reported you have a Red Flag warning on the beach and starting tonight can expect high winds and heavy rains starting later this evening

yeah tiggerdad, stacy and i suffer the same fate on the yellow flies. even here in blairsville i am staying in full cover.

Well it's looking worse each hour. We lost Ed. He decided to pack up and head home today before the rains start. Most likely I will pack up tonight and probably pull out around lunch tomorrow. I will edit this if anything new occurs.

Ahhh…..sorry it is aiming to be a washout. Do what is best to be safe all.

Ditto 4077. Hate to see it be a washout, but better safe than sorry. We can always hope for next year.

Grumpy Aggie(Arnold) has decided we will be heading back to Texas in the AM. We were to stay until 5/31. Ed & Lisa so sorry we missed saying our good-by's, but safe than sorry. We have enjoyed these few days & the hospitality last night!! Your cooking Ed, was great. We are heading to Tiggerdad's site tonight to for supper.

Hi everyone. I am a long time lurker and have posted a couple of times. We live in Fairhope and are going to brave the week. Checking in tomorrow just in time for the fun. I just talked to someone from the campground office and she said they (as of now) have no intention of closing or evacuating. That changes if the city of Gulf Shores evacuates. We had to trade our TT earlier this year and this will be the fist trip in the new rig. Hope you all are safe and hopefully we will see you there.

Well I'm glad I got to meet some new friends from the board and I hate that everyone is having to leave early because of the weather. Think I'm going to stand my ground and ride it out here in the camper, I know @tiggerdad would stay if he could. Going to pick up everything this evening or in the morning, we have 50 gallons of gas In the camper incase we lose power, filled up the 150 fresh water tank this morning, looking forward to dinner @tiggerdads camper this evening. I have a plan B incase things get crazy with the weather. I will try and keep everyone posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter