Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

Well we are booked for GSP 2019, we will be in site 61. Everything on Live Oak was pretty much booked up. So we will be behind, but close.

61 is a good site. Right behind Michael so we can come over at night and throw stuff at his camper. :D

j

61 is the same site I have booked for this coming October.

You should be able to do that without leaving your site. If you don't mind, throw some stuff that's useful. Such as fully cooked steaks, baked potatoes, well done burgers, and some bottled water would be nice.

Maybe round up all the yellow flies and put them on his site.

According to my wife they are already there.

Hopefully work does not mess with me but we have booked 2019. We will be on bobcat in site 93, just like we were supposed to be this year. We will be there from May 23 to May 29. Thursday to wed however we may leave tuesday. not sure yet so figured book the extra day in case.

As for a meet at disney or anywhere, we will always try to come. Pretty sure most of 2019 will be out except for GSP. Will see what happens for 2020.

Is October 2020 inside 499 days yet!?

j
June 19TH to book 2019 LOL I was already booking for Halloween week, but I am game to add more time at the Fort, no arm twisting needed.

Judy

Attachments

• sewing room.jpg
    sewing room.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hopefully work does not mess with me but we have booked 2019. We will be on bobcat in site 93, just like we were supposed to be this year. We will be there from May 23 to May 29. Thursday to wed however we may leave tuesday. not sure yet so figured book the extra day in case.

As for a meet at disney or anywhere, we will always try to come. Pretty sure most of 2019 will be out except for GSP. Will see what happens for 2020.
Looking forward to seeing you and Bert there we have next door on 95 from 23rd to 28th have to do some PM and work out plan for dinner 23rd

20180601_112832.jpg

It wasn't Gulf Shores but it was blackened fish and shrimp from a local chain that IS in Gulf Shores. Oh it was hot and sunny here just like it probably was at the beach. It was a sad substitute, of course, but it was still in the spirit of the event.

For a Fort DISMeet, DW says she could probably get the 3-days off if a DISMeet was that ~2nd week in October that includes the Monday/Columbus Day holiday (which moves annually but is the 2nd Monday of October each year, I believe). And that sounds like when Tiggerdad's kid's school system seems to be having their break as well. We'll see what ends up happening.

Quite an auspicious roster shaping up for a Gulf DISMeet 4 in 2019. I think I am going to consolidate a list here while folks are posting their updates in this 2018 DISMeet thread to make it easier to find when we start beating the drum (usually after New Years) for the upcoming DISMeet.

Remember, you can always book a reservation now and cancel it later. Gulf State Park will book/fill up well in advance of the Memorial Day weekend next May.

Ed

EDIT-short list for 2019:

Ftw Mike, #95, May 23-28
garneska, #93, May 23-29
PaHunter, #61, May 23-28
grumpyaggie/friendofeeyore, #3, May 23-30
bama_ed, #4, May 23-June 1
Teamubr, #2, May 24-June1
tiggerdad, #18, May 23-June 1
judyfun, #28 & #30, May 24-June 2
Flametamr, #8, May 24-June 2
Southalabama5er, #20, May 24-June 2
JD251, #32, May 24-June 2
Bishoparc, #16, May 26-June 1
DirtyWhiteBoy

Last edited:
As a reminder, folks who might like to attend a 2019 Gulf DISMeet 4 should book a site NOW knowing that you can always cancel it. You can book online and choose a specific site (has one picture of the site) and pay one night's deposit.

Go to www.alapark.com
On the menu bar at the top, choose "Find a Park" and select Gulf State Park
On the right side, select "Book Online Reservations Now"
Enter the dates on the left and hit "Search" (folks start showing up around the Thursday
----before MDWeekend/May 23 and stay as long as until the following weekend
Be patient and wait for the very slow system to run. Two tabs appear.
One tab, "Map", has a map of the park. Red is unavailable, green is available.
We try to camp close toward the left end of Bobcat, Sumac, and Live Oak Roads (Live Oak goes WAY far down to the left along the canal).
We try to camp around the Comfort Station on the left end of Sumac Road and anywhere nearby that area.
Once you see a green campsite and hover over it to show the site number, hit the "Site List" tab (may have to hit SEARCH again).

....the system is having problems while I am writing this and stepping through the process. Going from memory.....

Hit the "Select" link for the site available and enter your data and credit card info (one night deposit is what is usually required)
After you hit return, you get a screen that shows your confirmation #, site #, dates. SCREEN GRAB/PrntScrn or print this page.
Our little reservation system does NOT send an email confirmation automatically so your print or grab is your proof of reservation.
I had to call this year to request an email copy and it was heck getting to the right person.

You can also call 1-800-ALA-PARK or 1-251-948-7275 to reserve a site. Ask them to email a confirmation and they will.

Ed

EDIT: Now apparently the system DOES send an email confirmation. Only took them about 4 years of getting this system online. I still printed and did a screen grab though.

Last edited:
Ed, JD251 and I are booked 24th to the 2nd, I'm in site 20 and hes in 32.

So are we leaning on October 2019 for FW meet? Tell me some dates so we (me and Patrick) can book...

Ed, JD251 and I are booked 24th to the 2nd, I'm in site 20 and hes in 32.

So are we leaning on October 2019 for FW meet? Tell me some dates so we (me and Patrick) can book...

I made the update Randy. Too bad about Nic and his mom and her accident the night before the cruise (if I read that right). If they don't reschedule the cruise for the same time next year, ask him if he wants to come to Gulf next May, have him make a reservation, and get us his info (or he can post it here).

Flametamr/Joe on the previous page said he was going to check with a travel agent about possibly planning a Fort DISMeet for us. We know from our Gulf DISMeets that it's nice to camp near each other and if we did so at the Fort, that might be something a TA can help make happen. Since we are right now just about at the far edge of the booking window for fall 2019, I don't think it's hard to get a reservation for then.

As far as the calendar goes, some folks might only be able to come 2nd week October if we want to do this in the fall because of how school calendars line up (me and Michael). Other folks have annual visits planned (at Halloween for example) and they would hate to give that up or it would be hard to do two trips in the same month. I get it. Let's wait to see what a TA has to tell Joe and what their professional advice might be.

ED

PS - and we still need to discuss 2019 or 2020 for a DISMeet at the Fort. TBH, though, 2020 sounds like a long time away IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter