GVs Now Qualify for CL Additional FP+

Why? Why should the cost be divided among the dues of all DVC members? This is the same price Disney charges for cash guests at Concierge level for the extra fastpasses. They certainly didn't need to extend the ability to book extra fast passes to people staying in a GV. Parks and DVC are two different divisions that operate pretty independently from one another. It's not like GVs were sitting empty very much.

I agree with you. It is an option that is given to people. If someone finds that the cost for the service is not worth it, then they don't have to purchase. It is nice that they allow people to pick and choose who in a group might want it, and who would not. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing it offered to more DVC members, regardless of room size. As someone who will be doing a lot more adult trips, either alone, or with a few friends, I could see potentially deciding this was a good option, especially since some of my friends have never been!!

Interesting news. Might consider using it in the future if it seems appropriate for the new rides coming in the next 2-3 years.

Not sure how I feel about the price But Good to Know !
Thanks for the update

Has anyone actually booked this from a GV?

I can certainly see the argument for it being s perk of GV and Club level at no additional charge. You are already paying a high rate for those rooms.

I agree with you. It is an option that is given to people. If someone finds that the cost for the service is not worth it, then they don't have to purchase. It is nice that they allow people to pick and choose who in a group might want it, and who would not. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing it offered to more DVC members, regardless of room size. As someone who will be doing a lot more adult trips, either alone, or with a few friends, I could see potentially deciding this was a good option, especially since some of my friends have never been!!

I like the idea of this being offered to more DVC members, I would consider if I was doing a trip with just my DH but when all the kids and grandkids go it just begins to be to expensive IMHO.

We are staying in a grand villa at thanksgiving at BWV and I had someone call me twice about this additional option for FP. Frankly it is difficult to get the rides we want now with three fast passes and often don't use them for rides we don't care about so do not see how getting three more will up the odds of getting what we want . If you could use fast passes and get what you want then it would be worth it but they have ruined the fast pass system to the point it is not as good as it once was. I try for a couple I really want but rarely get three selections that interest me . Best bet is to hit popular attractions at rope drop then book fast passes for later in day when parks are mobbed. After multiple visits nothing would make me wait in line over an hour . we will come back

...so do not see how getting three more will up the odds of getting what we want .

Booking the paid passes at 90 days instead of 60 days should up those odds considerably, since the regular fastpasses are booked at 60.

Also they can be used for multiple parks in a single day, with no tiers.

If you want to have a FP for FOP in the morning, SDD in the afternoon, and 7DMT in the evening you can with the extra 3 you have to purchase.

Last edited:
We are staying in the cabins in early Jan. I was told back in July when I called to inquire at DSS that CCV cabins and bungalows were no longer officially included but they would make an “exception” for us since they once were. Have they officially added them back into the mix?

Can't do for 1 day? We have 2 nights in GV with 1 day hopper that I'd pay to add this to.

It says 3 night minimum but if you are only staying 2 nights, it would seem you should at least be able to do it for 2. I’d give a call to see what they say.

This is my issue with the offer. We should all have this option if staying DVC. Not just GV. Unless this is booking by cash reservation. If not cash should be open to all. Or just blue card holders.

This is my issue with the offer. We should all have this option if staying DVC. Not just GV. Unless this is booking by cash reservation. If not cash should be open to all. Or just blue card holders.
While that would be nice, I don't necessarily agree that we should have the option for every DVC booking. Remember, the perk is likely paid for by marketing, to encourage people to buy more points to stay in a GV. It is also possible that DVC Marketing ISN'T paying for it, and this is simply a testing phase by Disney to see if it is a popular perk for the money, and the impact on the overall fastpass system, before expanding it to all Deluxe and DVC rooms so they can justify raising cash room prices even higher at the Deluxe resorts.

While that would be nice, I don't necessarily agree that we should have the option for every DVC booking. Remember, the perk is likely paid for by marketing, to encourage people to buy more points to stay in a GV. It is also possible that DVC Marketing ISN'T paying for it, and this is simply a testing phase by Disney to see if it is a popular perk for the money, and the impact on the overall fastpass system, before expanding it to all Deluxe and DVC rooms so they can justify raising cash room prices even higher at the Deluxe resorts.
I agree as long as it is coming out of the Marketing budget, or testing phase. As long as not our of our dues, or it should be open to all. Much like the TOWL.
I am not one that would participate in this. We do get GV sometimes, but we have always struggled to use our FPs. Now we did Max out FasspassMax in DL last year. And not that I want that at WDW, different system all together.

Can't do for 1 day? We have 2 nights in GV with 1 day hopper that I'd pay to add this to.

My understanding is you need a 2 night minumum stay because you need to book 3 days of Fastpasses. I don't think booking FPs for one day is an option.

I don’t think there’s anything DVC would be paying for here. Parks has decided to include the GVs in the offer. They charge for it and keep the money. Only those who take it pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter