Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Can anyone tell us if people wearing their wizarding robes is an issue? I would imagine they want you to put all that in a locker, but confirmation is always nice. Not sure if many people are even wearing them right now if it's that hot!

If you are wearing a robe, you have to ride in the sidecar.

Please forgive me if I've overlooked it, but I have a question about the queue. Do they allow folks to begin lining up at park opening? Or, since it is usually closed until around noon, do they allow people to line up at that time? Does the line always begin at the park entrance, or does it form near the ride and eventually grow to the front? I am not trying to complicate the issue, I would like to figure out a strategy before my visit in a few weeks. Should we be poised to enter the line near the front of the park around noon, or should we hang out closer to the ride entrance?

On Friday it appeared to be a "holding pen" in the Lost Continent with signs directing you to the pens entrance. Prior to that they had a line behind barriers snaking thru out Hogsmeade and into Lost Continent.

I don't know what time they started the pen. Park has been opening at 9. Don't be intimidated by a 180 minute wait time posted at the entrance. If you get in line and make it to the hut before you reach the mob of people, you'll wait less than 2 hours assuming no breakdowns.

The tricky part will be the rides breakdowns, your heat tolerance during the day and thunderstorms.

What’s the deal with Hagrids? Been checking over the last week though out the day and more than 60% of the time the ride is closed(non weather related).

Is universal having trouble keeping the ride open? Or is it some marketing stint to keep lines 180min when it does open.

What’s the deal with Hagrids? Been checking over the last week though out the day and more than 60% of the time the ride is closed(non weather related).

Is universal having trouble keeping the ride open? Or is it some marketing stint to keep lines 180min when it does open.

We were there last week. I don’t think they have all the kinks worked out. There are a lot of different elements including big time animatronics, backward sections and a vertical drop. It’s a continuous loading coaster with a conveyor belt that stops when people need assistance to get on and off.

Someone previously mentioned treating this time as a soft opening. I think that was good advice so that we didn’t expect to get on it.

The app shows “open at 9”. I’m interested to see if it remains open all day.

Did not open at 9. They are saying anytime between 11 and 4. That is their standard sayingYesterday it opened at 12:20 then went down around 4 and didn’t come back online till 8:20pm. It originally went down for a brief technical delay then went extended/weather.

I got in the pre opening queue at 10:45. I’ll update the when I actually get done.

Someone previously mentioned treating this time as a soft opening. I think that was good advice so that we didn’t expect to get on it.

The issue is, this isn’t a soft opening. And Universal has been advertising the opening when I was there back in April.

I think one could say the launch of this ride is a prettying big failure. Not being able to keep the ride open is really bad.

We were there last week. I don’t think they have all the kinks worked out. There are a lot of different elements including big time animatronics, backward sections and a vertical drop. It’s a continuous loading coaster with a conveyor belt that stops when people need assistance to get on and off.

I honestly think they are having a problem with balancing the load and the timing. Timing is key on this ride(same with other show rides). Yesterday the timing was off on Gringotts and it went down while I was on it. Rode it with the lights on and then got a re-ride. Timing was still slightly off on the re-ride. Today it was spot on.

I can only imagine the challenge they are having with are the show elements and launches to keep Hagrids timed perfectly. They will eventually get it full running and running at max capacity. Hopefully by time I’m back at Christmas.

Right before noon the corralled everyone and made everyone fill in all available space. Hopefully this means it opens soon or it’s going to get really hot.

Now they are saying 2:00pm opening.

With it being down 2/3rds of yesterday I am still surprised it’s opening so late today.

I think they need to figure out everything that’s wrong and do and extended down time to fix this. It’s beyond clear this coaster wasn’t ready to open.

If it continues like this all summer they need to put up temporary tents covering all of the pre opening queue.

Now it’s best case scenario 3. To be fair they said anywhere from 11-4 when we got in line but historically this ride has opened between 12 and 1. Considering storms will be here around 6:30 it looks like it may only be up 3-4 hours today, if it opens.

They keep pushing back the opening every 30 minutes.
I really want to ride this ride but we’re just gonna have to wait until they get this all figured out. I’m not driving there for the chance that it’ll be closed most of the day

Now they are saying they have no idea. They handed out single us express passes good through August 1 as guest compensation. And said to feel free to stay in lines but they don’t have any eta. They are on the 7 or 8 test train. People who were here day one have said this is worse. They definitely need to take this ride down for an extended period or only open it every other day...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter