Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

What a cluster. They tried to direct people to go one way in suess area, but people going around other way and trying to find anyaay to skip 20 people

What a cluster. They tried to direct people to go one way in suess area, but people going around other way and trying to find anyaay to skip 20 people
Ugh, sounds chaotic. I wish they'd find a better way to deal with rope drop for this ride. Good luck!

Ugh, sounds chaotic. I wish they'd find a better way to deal with rope drop for this ride. Good luck!
OH well.. It's a delayed opening anyway. They're saying several hours, hopefully just saying that to discourage people from waiting in line

Update.. may just bag it. I'll be back next week too. Don't feel like waiting for an unknown time

Last edited:
Our first day with our full party (we arrive in shifts :-)) will be Saturday. I think we are going to try rope drop each day until we get on the ride, but I am seeing such mixed results the last few days that I am a bit skeptical of our success.
Oddly, when I look at the weather for the next week or so, it is showing storms in the mornings which is quite the opposite of what we need for our plans :-/ Our vast experience with traveling this time of year is that the storms normally visit late afternoon.
We'll play it by ear and I will try to post our massive successes! (or crushing failures)

Update - recent checks of weather look more normal - hopefully no morning T-storms!

Last edited:

Going to have lunch and step in line. Will keep everyone posted. Still saying 180 at the moment.

Sounds like the best thing to do is grab lunch and eat it while in line! :)

Can't wait to hear recent reports from today. Part of me really wants to make one of our 2 Universal Days next week on Saturday, but I'm afraid the crowd levels will be so much worse than if we just do Universal during the week instead.

My husband and I are thinking of doing the single riders line for this next Monday, possibly in the late afternoon / early evening (when the sun isn't so brutal). Has anyone had recent experience as a single rider? Never done this before, so we don't really know what to expect (other than a hopefully more bearable wait).

So, as can see by my posts, I got in line sometime after 11:30. Went in single rider line. The wait posted outside was 180 when I got there. TM's were saying it's going to be close to the same wait, so if you are a party just jump in regular line. No one really moved.

I was on the ride in about 90 minutes or so. I think I saved roughly 10-15 minutes in single rider than regular. Saw a family that moved over to regular in the last room. Could have been shorter, but the last 15 minutes was just waiting for an odd number party. That's the sucky part about single rider, could take a few minutes, could took a while, just depends on the group. There were streaks were 3 SR's got to go within a 3 minute span, then no one for 10 minutes.

Having said all that, holy.crap. This is the best ride in Orlando imo. I had more fun on this than any other ride i've been on.

So, as can see by my posts, I got in line sometime after 11:30. Went in single rider line. The wait posted outside was 180 when I got there. TM's were saying it's going to be close to the same wait, so if you are a party just jump in regular line. No one really moved.

I was on the ride in about 90 minutes or so. I think I saved roughly 10-15 minutes in single rider than regular. Saw a family that moved over to regular in the last room. Could have been shorter, but the last 15 minutes was just waiting for an odd number party. That's the sucky part about single rider, could take a few minutes, could took a while, just depends on the group. There were streaks were 3 SR's got to go within a 3 minute span, then no one for 10 minutes.

Having said all that, holy.crap. This is the best ride in Orlando imo. I had more fun on this than any other ride i've been on.
Thanks for the "real time" updates. Helpful!

I’m potentially crazy but I’ve been in the queue for almost four hours now. It was down for weather for almost two and it’s taken them around 30-40 minutes to get the ride running smoothly. They’ve just announced it should be running regularly now. Think I’m about 30 mins away from riding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter