Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

I don't think they could even make a coaster smoother than Hagrid's. Unless it suddenly got bad in the 2 months since I rode it.

I don't think they could even make a coaster smoother than Hagrid's. Unless it suddenly got bad in the 2 months since I rode it.

I rode it last week 5 times and found it incredibly smooth. The coaster is very fast and the transitions into the curves definitely are forceful but I would not say that the coaster is rough.

Like... if you think Hagrid's is rough, I don't think you'd find a coaster that you wouldn't find rough.

And that's fine. Everyone is different. You're allowed to dislike coasters. :)

I found it very fast but definitely smooth, even the bit in the dark was smooth (avoiding spoilers).

It's very smooth but it does change directions quite quickly. Maybe that's what some are calling "rough"?

We are new to Universal. My daughter uses a mobility scooter and can walk a short distance.

1) I assume she could use the scooter and walk on the ride?
2) Would using a wheelchair be better than the scooter?

Thanks.

I was in a wheelchair when i rode Hagrid's a few months ago and don't believe i saw many scooters in line but could've been mistaken.
The queue is very wind-ey (?) and there's a part that's on a decline where we had to keep fastening the brake or else i would've bowled over every one which would've been fun!

it is a moving belt as someone previously mentioned but as most of the rides at Universal, the CM will ask her if she can 'transfer' and can walk to the ride vehicle herself!

Rode twice today. Amazing ride. Our whole group (6 of us) bumped this one to the top of our list - beating out Mummy.

We felt is was super smooth.

We got to Islands around 8:30 and waited a bit for the gates to open. Got in the park and many, many runners passed us.

The locker situation is a mess. We had 4 bags and two of us grabbed all the bags and went to the lockers. All of the small lockers were taken.

I paid for a large locker, but as soon as I did, the light turned red and said it was full. Fortunately, a guy came up behind me and said he would be emptying 2 large lockers. We got 3 bags in there then had to wait for a small one to open up.

By the time the two of us made it out, our family was probably 100 people ahead. They said they tried to wait outside the locker, but CMs told them to move forward and we’d catch up.

They stopped right before entering the building and waited for us.

Didn’t time it, but the line moved pretty well.

My wife and I got the front seat which was so good. It was raining so it was tough to keep your eyes open, but still worth it.

We tried again this evening and got in line at 7:27 with a 90 minute posted wait. We were off the ride by 8:15.

I tried both, the bike and the sidecar and can’t say I had a favorite.

We’re hoping to get 1 or 2 more rides tomorrow.

In line right now, posted time was 90 mins when I went in. Went down to 75mins after 10 mins. It’s going to be my first time riding. So excited! DH rode yesterday and said he wanted to ride again! Hoping wait times stay the same.

edit: it shows 120 mins now :(

That is an awesome ride! I went in at 1pm and was put at 1:58pm. Want to do it again later if I can! IOA opens at 7am tomorrow, I’m debating whether we should get up that early to ride before flying home in the afternoon :rolleyes:

Reactions: CJK
I rode it several times two weekends ago. I usually only like milder coasters so I never attempt ones like Hulk or RRR, but thought it was one of the smoothest coasters that I had ever ridden. The perfect level of intensity too, IMO. I loved it.

Showed 150 minute wait when we got in line at 11:47am this morning but the queue started right around Hagrids hut. We were off by 12:50.

Not likely going to be a good day operationally. Ride is opening 3hrs late and there is rain in the forecast from 1pm to 6pm. We shall see.

Definitely having capacity/operational issues. Ride opened at 10am. When it opened it said 60 minutes. The queue only back up to preshow. Doesn’t seem like many cars are running. Been an hour inline and only after the preshow in the middle switchback. Not the continuously moving queue like when it’s fully operational.

I guess there was operational issues last night. Reason why what should have been a 60 minute wait is there is a long *** express line and it’s 2-3 to 1 express/standby. They are saying it’s a 30 minute wait from the standby/express merge point. If that holds true it would have taken over 2hrs from preshow to ride...

I guess there was operational issues last night. Reason why what should have been a 60 minute wait is there is a long *** express line and it’s 2-3 to 1 express/standby. They are saying it’s a 30 minute wait from the standby/express merge point. If that holds true it would have taken over 2hrs from preshow to ride...

Wait, is it an EP line, or SR line? I didn't know they had an EP line now.

Wait, is it an EP line, or SR line? I didn't know they had an EP line now.

They have an express line that is used for when they give people ruby express passes or return passes after being dumped from the queue. They apparently dumped the queue last night and gave out a lot of ruby passes.

We are over the two hour mark from preshow and still probably have another 20 minutes. Original estimated time was 60 which made sense because we walked right past Hagrids hut and got held about 50 people back from the preshow for what seemed like 30 minutes.

They had to have given out a lot of ruby/return passes yesterday. And they all came to redeem them at ride the delayed open because of the forecast of rain this afternoon through evening.

Yesterday it said 150 minute wait and it was only 60. Today it said 60 minutes and it was actually 150 minutes.

Win some and lose some.

Last edited:
Just got in line at 11:15. Wait says 210. Was 240 all morning.

Pretty sure they issued a bunch of return passes again last night. The ride hit capacity around 8:00pm but the rain was hard enough to shut down all the other coasters multiple times. Not sure if they got through all the queue after 8pm. It rained from 8:00 to 9:00, all the other outdoor coasters went delayed/closed during that time. It stopped raining around nine and the outdoor coasters did their start up procedures and opened around 9:20. It then started raining enough to dump the rip ride rocket queue shortly after park close(right after I got off of it at 10:05). Pretty sure they dumped all the outdoor ride queues around 10:10pm last night. I am assuming they issued passes if/when they dumped Hagrids. Those passes really clog the rides for standby.

Pretty sure they issued a bunch of return passes again last night. The ride hit capacity around 8:00pm but the rain was hard enough to shut down all the other coasters multiple times. Not sure if they got through all the queue after 8pm. It rained from 8:00 to 9:00, all the other outdoor coasters went delayed/closed during that time. It stopped raining around nine and the outdoor coasters did their start up procedures and opened around 9:20. It then started raining enough to dump the rip ride rocket queue shortly after park close(right after I got off of it at 10:05). Pretty sure they dumped all the outdoor ride queues around 10:10pm last night. I am assuming they issued passes if/when they dumped Hagrids. Those passes really clog the rides for standby.

It seems like it. A couple of times the line hasn’t moved for 20 minutes. Just got finished with the mid show after 1:45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter