• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Half Marathon - Train with me for Jan '11 - ...Shock - an update! 4/06! new pix

Does anyone have her number?? I'd be happy to call and see if she's doing ok... :confused::guilty:

Tim, hows the running. You know you want to join us in 2011. :thumbsup2

Sorry, I missed your post. Sandy's TR wasn't coming up on my subbed threads. I wondering where she is too. :confused3

UMMMM well I'm still going to the gym but my DD has had colds and other sickness that has prevented me going as much as I would like. But I'm still going about 2x a week. I can't say that I'm training but I've been doing 30-40 minutes of cardio- running, walking, & biking then hitting some weights for 40 or more minutes.

I think we will be in Disney in early December for my daughters MAW trip and I'm not sure if a January trip would be in the cards. But I will continue to work out, if nothing else, to live a healthier life style!

Hmm...

I have Sandy's number. I normally don't call, even if I have the number...but she has been gone quite a while. I will send her a text today and call her if I don't hear from her.

My guess is that she is done with her trip in Jan and taking a break from the DIS and training for a bit?? She seemed to be doing well the last time we talked??

I just heard from Sandy!!

She is busy with life.

Having issues with DD and her sister in law is having surgery tomorrow. So any prayers for that would be appreciated, I am sure!

She also has little access to the internet.

So...she is ok!! :)

Thanks Maroo:thumbsup2
At first I thought as you did, that she was just taking a break, but then I thought it odd that she would leave her new thread when she just started it. I'm glad she is okay and will pray for her DSIL.

Thanks maroo for checking on Sandy. I searched for this thread to see if there was any update.

... just bumping her thread back up. Hopefully Sandy will be back soon. And hopefully she's still planning on the 2011 1/2 marathon. :woohoo: I'm still out for the count but will hopefully be allowed to run within the next month or so. My IT band is resisting healing. Stupid IT band. :mad: I really want to run again - I'm now hooked. I can't wait for the 2011 marathon. We've got to keep this thread together and all do a meet at the 2011.

Now off to maroo's thread to wish her luck for tomorrow. :goodvibes

great idea Dolce, let's keep Sandy's thread up for her. I can't wait until she joins us again. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for all of the support on this thread!

It was awesome to be able to finish!! :)

I am out for a bit, too, trying to let my feet heal - then I start over from square one. If I do the race again, it will be because I am well trained and have some room to take pics with the characters and such. Not sure when that will be - I guess I need a goal to try and hit...but for now I am just going to take it fairly easy, let my feet heal and then start over...maybe do C25K so that I can start running some.

I haven't finished reading everything yet, but just want to say what an inspiration you are!!! I admit it, I don't like to exercise and don't like to run. After reading the motivational stuff you have written, I'm going to try the Couch to 5K program.

I already told DH that my goal is to run a 5K, so hopefully I succeed by the end of the year!

THANK YOU!!!

Thank you so much for all of the support on this thread!

It was awesome to be able to finish!! :)

I am out for a bit, too, trying to let my feet heal - then I start over from square one. If I do the race again, it will be because I am well trained and have some room to take pics with the characters and such. Not sure when that will be - I guess I need a goal to try and hit...but for now I am just going to take it fairly easy, let my feet heal and then start over...maybe do C25K so that I can start running some.

:thumbsup2 You'll do it. Seriously consider signing up for the January 1/2 before it fills.

Guess what? The physical therapist told me to try 1 mile today to see how my leg holds up.

:banana: on being "allowed" to run.

:sad1: b/c I already know that it will prove that my leg isn't healed enough to run yet. I'm still having too much discomfort and pain in the IT band to run on it right now. I just want to run, darn it! :mad:

Looks like your gonna need a lot of coffee. ;)

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

You want a snack too??? popcorn::

Snacks?

This thread is still alive!! :goodvibes

You guys are the greatest!!! Truly!

Where have I been?

seriously, messed up!! I dont like running. I hate being out of shape even more!!

DH started a new job (he is a contractor working on the electrical system for the next Space Shuttle Program! NASA!! ) so that meant he had all the computer power!! He finally has enough paychecks and needed a new laptop - so last week he bought a laptop and passed down his MacBook Pro - TO ME!!!

only I have to share with DD during Spring Break!! Which ended today!! :wizard:

and today dh says - so it would seem its time to sign up for Goofy - anybody else going to plan to run? :faint:

DD asked that we skip Disney and save to go to Ireland, so I have been planning a trip to Ireland!! (and secretly ignoring my wogging schedule! What would be the point if I wasnt going to Disney... :rolleyes1)

and a quick mommy brag -

DS #2 is going to Nationals - in Lubbock TX April 17 for the TRIATHLON! :cool1: oh and his gf is doing an internship in PARIS - France that is - and he has a ticket to join her in June (which combined with spring break airfare for $600+ RT to FL - which we didnt buy - got the Ireland bug going full steam ahead!!)

This makes no sense I'm sure,

but I'm back
:yay:

You can't even imagine how glad we are to have you back amongst our ranks, Sandy!!!1 :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Ireland sounds dreamy! That's one country I've never been to!

SANDY!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!:banana::banana:

Yay on getting a 'new' computer!!!!:woohoo:

Ireland sounds like a great trip!!!! :goodvibes

Sandy, my hero has returned:yay::woohoo:;) So it wasn't quite clear. Are you going Goofy?:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter