Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

So excited for this to come back!!
I don't normally like time travel, fantasy type movies/shows but this one has me hooked. I belong to some facebook groups and people have all types of theories. I didn't notice someone lurking in the bushes when 1999 Colton and Elliot were talking on the bench during the fireworks scene until someone pointed it out with a screen shot. Just a hint, if you don't want spoilers, do not go to IMBD (is that what it is that lists the casts for years?).

I finally binge watched most of The Way Home. Only three movies left till I'm caught up. popcorn::

I'm shocked. I really like it. The promos for it, and the fact that the young son went missing, really didn't seem like a series I'd be interested in. It seemed like it would be too much of a downer. Also, being a Star Trek fan, I can be really fussy if the time travel stuff isn't done well. But, they spent the majority of the time focusing on the relationships. It really kept me intrigued. :thumbsup2popcorn:: I hope they are able to keep this up for the second season.

Just a hint, if you don't want spoilers, do not go to IMBD (is that what it is that lists the casts for years?).

Do you mean don't read the reviews for the individual episodes? The IMDb no longer has a discussion board to discuss the movies & TV shows. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Also, all the reviews are formatted in a way that those that contain spoilers are hidden. People have to actively click on the Spoiler button to continue reading the review.

Last edited:
Anybody think Tyler Hynes and Marco Grazzini look a lot alike?

I started watching Betty's Bad Luck in Love and was thinking it was Tyler Hynes, but it's not.

Anybody think Tyler Hynes and Marco Grazzini look a lot alike?

I started watching Betty's Bad Luck in Love and was thinking it was Tyler Hynes, but it's not.

Now that you mention it, they do.

Yet Marco has a lighter personality. Tyler always seems more broody and he can come across as mean and dismissive to the woman.

If anybody else is channel-flipping like me while waiting for Hallmark's February line-up, I stumbled on a great little movie on HBO (or Max) last weekend titled "Austenland" starring Keri Russell. I have no idea how I missed this movie back in 2013 but it was worth the watch. It's a modern-day parody that pokes gentle fun at the whole Jane Austen craze... but is its own little rom-com. (And... whoever thought to put Jennifer Coolidge in a modern-day Regency-flip was brilliant.)

I did watch Betty's Bad Luck in Love last weekend and enjoyed it, but she was starting to drive me a little crazy with the curse. I did, however, enjoy Marco's performance. He needs more movies. :)

Do you mean don't read the reviews for the individual episodes? The IMDb no longer has a discussion board to discuss the movies & TV shows. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Also, all the reviews are formatted in a way that those that contain spoilers are hidden. People have to actively click on the Spoiler button to continue reading the review.
I took it to mean there were give-always in the cast list about characters appearing in future episodes.

No, where it lists the cast for 2024 It tells you who is returning and who is new and may give you some ideas of what is happening.

I finally binge watched most of The Way Home. Only three movies left till I'm caught up. popcorn::

I'm shocked. I really like it. The promos for it, and the fact that the young son went missing, really didn't seem like a series I'd be interested in. It seemed like it would be too much of a downer. Also, being a Star Trek fan, I can be really fussy if the time travel stuff isn't done well. But, they spent the majority of the time focusing on the relationships. It really kept me intrigued. :thumbsup2popcorn:: I hope they are able to keep this up for the second season.
Me too! I don't like time travel type stuff but after reading some stuff on my Facebook from people who do watch, I binged it and was one waiting for the new season.

I stumbled on a great little movie on HBO (or Max) last weekend titled "Austenland" starring Keri Russell. I have no idea how I missed this movie back in 2013 but it was worth the watch. :)
I did the same thing a week or two ago, (even wondering how I'd missed it). It was a fun movie. Even DH enjoyed it.

It seems quite a few actors from Virgin River have made Hallmark movies. Is Hallmark owned or affiliated with Netflix?

I don't think so. I think the actors are just going around being hired for the same type of roles as they were liked on one network or streaming service. So, people may want to see them on another service too.

I took it to mean there were give-always in the cast list about characters appearing in future episodes.

No, where it lists the cast for 2024 It tells you who is returning and who is new and may give you some ideas of what is happening.

Ah! Yes, when I binge watch a show I usually look to see who the actors are so I'm not saying to myself later as I'm watching, "Where do I know that actor from? What have I seen him in before?" :scratchin But when I see how many episodes they are on, it can ruin things. Especially for a mystery series. :headache:

Reminders for this weekend:

This is the last "non-seasonal" January Hallmark movie before Loveuary begins next week. 🥰

No new movie on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. (A new mystery series starts next week!)

On Saturday:

Romance With a Twist
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.
Starring: Jocelyn Hudon and Olivier Renaud.
Description: Ex-dancer, Luna, pairs up with Bennett, a world-class aerialist, when he finds himself without a partner for his upcoming silks performance for the local arts festival.

On Sunday:

The Way Home: Season 2, episode 2 is on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

It seems quite a few actors from Virgin River have made Hallmark movies. Is Hallmark owned or affiliated with Netflix?
Doubtful. But a tors are possibly typecast to similar programming.

Characters from VR that have been in Hallmark movies:
-Preacher- Christmas in Evergreen
-Page- Aurora Teagarden Mysteries
-Muriel- BambleHouse Christmas
-Bre- (saw her in a supporting role recently)
-Connie- (Playing Betty a restaurant owner who discovers her new waitress is her granddaughter)
-Tara- (movie with adopted brothers who are separated and brought together by chance)
-Lily- (Movie where their son lies about no longer being with his girlfriend who is mistakenly brought to his parents house for Christmas in exchange for helping her)
-Charmaine- ???
-Lilys other daughter in recent season)- she was in something on Hallmark recent in a supporting role

Doubtful. But a tors are possibly typecast to similar programming.

Characters from VR that have been in Hallmark movies:
-Preacher- Christmas in Evergreen
-Page- Aurora Teagarden Mysteries
-Muriel- BambleHouse Christmas
-Bre- (saw her in a supporting role recently)
-Connie- (Playing Betty a restaurant owner who discovers her new waitress is her granddaughter)
-Tara- (movie with adopted brothers who are separated and brought together by chance)
-Lily- (Movie where their son lies about no longer being with his girlfriend who is mistakenly brought to his parents house for Christmas in exchange for helping her)
-Charmaine- ???
-Lilys other daughter in recent season)- she was in something on Hallmark recent in a supporting role

I just found out Virgin River films in Vancouver. There are a lot less projects shooting there versus L.A. So actors up there tend to try to work in everything available. Especially as VR is only 12 episodes. That leaves plenty of time to film during their off season.

Melinda (Alexandra Breckenridge) was in two movies I liked. Love in Store on Hallmark, where she plays a home shopping network host. It will be on the Hallmark Channel February 6 at 12pm ET.

I also liked her in Christmas Around the Corner on Lifetime.

I wish Lifetime took one night a week to show Christmas movies. I probably missed watching several. It's hard watching all of them and the Hallmark movies, jammed in together right before Christmas. I wasn't able to DVR Lifetime movies and save them longterm.

Last edited:
I watched Romance With a Twist this morning. I thought it was very well done. I love the aerial sequences, and the leads had good chemistry. Just when I thought it might go on too long, it wrapped up. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter