halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

Question about Stay and Scream ticket - DD and DH will already be in the park on the day of. Do they hand their S&S ticket to someone to scan and then enter a holding area? What time do they need to head to that area, if so? Thanks again for your help!

Question about Stay and Scream ticket - DD and DH will already be in the park on the day of. Do they hand their S&S ticket to someone to scan and then enter a holding area? What time do they need to head to that area, if so? Thanks again for your help!
They will need to go to a holding area at 5pm when the park closes for day guests. The ticket will be scanned at that time.

Yes they scan your tickets and you go into the holding pen. I go into area around 3:30 to the holding area..

Yes they scan your tickets and you go into the holding pen. I go into area around 3:30 to the holding area..
I usually don't make it to the holding area before 4:30pm since I leave work at 4pm and hightail it to the park. By the time I arrive at the holding area, I have to wait outside the area until 5pm when they start letting people in.

What's the holding area like? I only ask because I thought I read where someone was making reservations to eat in that area or nearby.

What's the holding area like? I only ask because I thought I read where someone was making reservations to eat in that area or nearby.
The main holding area is on Delancey Street right next to Finnegan's...which is where people make reservations to eat dinner prior to HHN. The holding area itself is just a bunch of people milling around waiting to be released. There are usually drink carts selling sodas and water as well as snacks. There are also TMs handing out maps or answering questions. It's a fun atmosphere...at least to me.

Does the FF ticket work the same as S&S? We'll be there 3 nights and I think my son would want to go all 3 and I think the FF works out cheaper. He has an annual pass.

I have a couple of questions:

What time do they usually let you out of the holding area near Finnegans?

What is the other holding area if you are already in the park?

Is it better to be in one place over the other?

Thanks for your input!

I just purchased our Express Pass for one of the nights we will be at HHN - Sunday, October 5.

Are you able to use the pass all night - or only once per house?

What is the best use of the pass - I read not to use it right away when you exit holding.

For those who used "print at home" - it looks like this is the official document you will show all night. I'm considering laminating, punching a hole in it and wearing it on a lanyard. (We were caught in a torrential downpour last year and I would be worried about it getting wet, etc.) Thoughts?

Would appreciate your opinions!

I have a couple of questions:

What time do they usually let you out of the holding area near Finnegans?

What is the other holding area if you are already in the park?

Is it better to be in one place over the other?

Thanks for your input!

all the holding areas release the guests once security gives the all clear.
depends on the night and date on when that time can happen.

some nights they have released the guests at 5:45 while other times it has been 6:10ish. (it can vary on the date you are there)
still, you have a head start on the 3 open houses.

last year, some of the houses had a later opening time, 6:30/7:00 on the nights i was there.
did finish the early houses but then waited in line before park opening for the next house.

i prefer the finnegans hlding area the best.

i have stayed in the other two holding areas in past nights.

the one i least liked was the holding area up front in the park, right next to the main merch store.
only one way to exit from that area.
and, if you get there after it starts to fill up, you are motioned by the TM's to go to the back of the large group standing in the front.

I just purchased our Express Pass for one of the nights we will be at HHN - Sunday, October 5.

Are you able to use the pass all night - or only once per house?

What is the best use of the pass - I read not to use it right away when you exit holding.

For those who used "print at home" - it looks like this is the official document you will show all night. I'm considering laminating, punching a hole in it and wearing it on a lanyard. (We were caught in a torrential downpour last year and I would be worried about it getting wet, etc.) Thoughts?

Would appreciate your opinions!

i'll be there that night also.
and have the express for the month.
if you see me in finnegans or in that holding area, come up and say hi to me.
will be wearing my Chainsaw Wolf jersey that has the name macraven on the back.

you can use the pass all night but only once per house, ride, show.
in past years, the express pass was only valid for the first show of bill and ted's
assume it will follow the same pattern again for this season.

lines will be shorter in the beginning.
don't use your express pass right away but use it for later when a house line has a 45 minute and over wait.

i do the first 3 houses when released from the holding area and then repeat them using the express pass later in the evening once it is dark.
makes a big difference to me inside the houses then.

i keep my express pass in a lanyard that has a clear plastic container.
lanyard is clear and the TM can scan it easily thru the clear plastic.
(they need to scan the bar code)

i've done hhn during heavy rains before.
didn't have an issue with the pass kept in the lanyard.

if you decide to punch a hole in your ep, don't do it near the bar code on the ticket.

you can use the pass all night but only once per house, ride, show.
in past years, the express pass was only valid for the first show of bill and ted's
assume it will follow the same pattern again for this season.

lines will be shorter in the beginning.
don't use your express pass right away but use it for later when a house line has a 45 minute and over wait.

i do the first 3 houses when released from the holding area and then repeat them using the express pass later in the evening once it is dark.
makes a big difference to me inside the houses then.

i keep my express pass in a lanyard that has a clear plastic container.
lanyard is clear and the TM can scan it easily thru the clear plastic.
(they need to scan the bar code)

i've done hhn during heavy rains before.
didn't have an issue with the pass kept in the lanyard.

if you decide to punch a hole in your ep, don't do it near the bar code on the ticket.

We will definitely look for you! We have a Finnegan reservation on Thursday. Nice to be able to sit down and wait!

Thanks for all of the great info as well! As always, we are looking forward to what has become an annual trip!

I was mistaken - I have Finnegans reservation for both Sunday and Thursday - will definitely say Hi! :wave:

all the holding areas release the guests once security gives the all clear. depends on the night and date on when that time can happen. some nights they have released the guests at 5:45 while other times it has been 6:10ish. (it can vary on the date you are there) still, you have a head start on the 3 open houses. last year, some of the houses had a later opening time, 6:30/7:00 on the nights i was there. did finish the early houses but then waited in line before park opening for the next house. i prefer the finnegans hlding area the best. i have stayed in the other two holding areas in past nights. the one i least liked was the holding area up front in the park, right next to the main merch store. only one way to exit from that area. and, if you get there after it starts to fill up, you are motioned by the TM's to go to the back of the large group standing in the front.

Last year when I was there only one house was open at 6.. It was jammed with line ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter