• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Quest PTR~~THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

I think that taste wise they are better than the ones from Cafe Orleans. Have you been to Ralph Brennan's website? They have the menu for the Express Kitchen on there.

I'll have to check it out........won't get there this upcoming trip....but maybe next trip!!

I have never have beignets from anywhere in DLR. :rolleyes1
And I think I read about them in pretty much every TR!
They sound so yummy, I wanna get them sometime. I hear they have different ones during the Christmas season too!

That's the wonderful thing, there is always the next trip!!

I don't think I've come home from a trip & not planned when the next one would be....... :rotfl:

I have never have beignets from anywhere in DLR. :rolleyes1
And I think I read about them in pretty much every TR!
They sound so yummy, I wanna get them sometime. I hear they have different ones during the Christmas season too!

:eek: WHAT??? They're delicious & warm!!! At Christmas & Halloween time, Cafe Orleans makes Gingerbread Beignets with Eggnog Anglais.....can't wait to try those!!!

I don't think I've come home from a trip & not planned when the next one would be....... :rotfl:

:eek: WHAT??? They're delicious & warm!!! At Christmas & Halloween time, Cafe Orleans makes Gingerbread Beignets with Eggnog Anglais.....can't wait to try those!!!

I hate to admit this but I came back so satisfied by my last trip I wasn't really ready to think about going back again.

I know. I think it was because my last trip was a different kind of trip. It was a trip to do the things that I never get to do with my family. Those desires were taken care of.

My trip in March was a different kind too, but I couldn't wait to come home & plan the family one. I loved the time Mike & I had alone. We did so many new things....it was awesome. The great thing about taking care of those "desires" is looking forward to doing them again!!! :woohoo:

My February trip didn't include Scotty or the kids so I didn't even want to think of my next trip. I wasn't ready to think of another trip for several reasons. Of the most important not being able to afford it.:confused3

My February trip didn't include Scotty or the kids so I didn't even want to think of my next trip. I wasn't ready to think of another trip for several reasons. Of the most important not being able to afford it.:confused3

Yes the expense of a trip is huge........the only reason we get to go is due to nice tax refunds & now this Adoption Credit. Those are gonna go away once Mike starts making too much & we lose the Earned Income Credit. Then I'm not sure what we'll do about going. We don't ever seem to save up money. Mike was making really good money as a paramedic & we couldn't ever afford a trip. So maybe we'll just stay within the limits & continue to get nice refunds.

It is definitely different seeing the park with friends, spouse & kids. Each experience different......but I did always find myself wanting to show the kids something when they weren't there. My kidlets are younger & still believe in all the magic....so that may be why!!

Oh my kids still love it. This trip was just something I needed to do. I cannot explain it.

I am able to save the money and then there is always some sort of catastrophe and I have to spend the money. Like this last week and I had to get two tires. It is always something.

Our tax returns are not that wonderful. We don't make great money but Scotty has just enough overtime to kill EIC. It is frustrating. After school starts and I have got them settled with what they need I can start saving again. That makes June look possible. At least until the next thing comes up.

This morning I made our last Dining Ressie! Kinda sad to think there WILL BE an end to the trip, but it also means we're 53 days away from going!!!

So here's the rundown of our Dining Plans:

9/30 ~~ Travel Day
10/1 ~~ Travel & Arrival Day
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen~~6pm
10/2 ~~ Goofy's Kitchen~~10am
PCH Grill~~5:30pm
10/3 ~~ Carnation Cafe~~9:30am
Celebration BBQ~~4pm with Michelle/Zoe
10/4 ~~ Ariel's Grotto~~10am with Michelle/Zoe
Tangaroa Terrace~~NO SET TIME
10/5 ~~ Storyteller's Cafe~~7:40am
Taste Pilot's Grill~~NO SET TIME
10/6 ~~ Tangaroa Terrace~~NO SET TIME
Cafe Orleans~~5:30pm
10/7 ~~ Minnie & Friends~~8:40am
Hungry Bear~~NO SET TIME
10/8 ~~ Surf's Up with Mickey~~7:50am
Short Travel Day to Torrance
10/9 ~~ Travel Day
10/10 ~~ Travel Day to Home

So now to decide whether to wait for the money to go with a Disney Travel Package for the hotel/PH's & extras......or book the hotel separately. Gonna hold off until I know what's going on with the check before doing anything. Would like to do the package so we can do ToonTown & prepay all of that.....but if I have to book separately & buy PH's ...... that's what I'll do.

I still need to purchase our 2 party nights too............luckily we're going early enough in the season, that these shouldn't sell out (fingers crossed of course).

I still need to book our travel motels but haven't got to excited about doing that quite yet.

Laurie, have I missed a few post's? Are you now not staying at the HoJo? Last I read I thought you have switched to the HoJo from the Residence Inn Maingate.

I made reservations yesterday for the Best Western Anaheim Inn, right accross from the maingate. I have never stayed there. The rate isn't bad at $119.00 for the first 2 night's, then $129.00 for the next three. Since it's Thanksgiving week....
I also have reservations at the Residence Inn Maingate. Never stayed there either, but I think it's a tad too pricey... and I don't think we'd want to eat there everyday, to make the free breakfast make sense... too many restaraunts at the Park we have to go to!:goodvibes

Laurie, have I missed a few post's? Are you now not staying at the HoJo? Last I read I thought you have switched to the HoJo from the Residence Inn Maingate.

I made reservations yesterday for the Best Western Anaheim Inn, right accross from the maingate. I have never stayed there. The rate isn't bad at $119.00 for the first 2 night's, then $129.00 for the next three. Since it's Thanksgiving week....
I also have reservations at the Residence Inn Maingate. Never stayed there either, but I think it's a tad too pricey... and I don't think we'd want to eat there everyday, to make the free breakfast make sense... too many restaraunts at the Park we have to go to!:goodvibes

Yup, you missed the news......we're moving on up to the Paradise Pier Hotel!!! After figuring the rates of the HoJo for 2 rooms & PPH for 2 standard view rooms.......with AP rate estimated at 10% off.......and not having to buy me a 3 day PH so I could use it for one MM........the price difference was about $600. Totally worth it & we'd get 3 MM's for the whole family!!!!! I'd love to stay in a park view again, but that upped the price by almost $1500!!! :eek: I can always hope after calling the manager, to make sure we get connecting rooms & explaining our woes of having to get 2 rooms.....maybe he'll feel sorry for us & do an upgrade.......lol Not counting on it, but a girl can dream!!!!! :cool1:

:cool1: WOO HOO!!!! MIKE GOT THE MEAT MGR JOB IN CORVALLIS!!!!! :cool1:

This offer is pending he passes the Food Handler's 2 Course, which shouldn't be an issue. He'll be given the study guide & he's had other people from his store pass it & he's said "if they can pass it, I definitely should pass it" lol Now that check definitely needs to get here, otherwise he'll be commuting 40 mins each way.....ewwwww!!

This offer is pending he passes the Food Handler's 2 Course, which shouldn't be an issue. He'll be given the study guide & he's had other people from his store pass it & he's said "if they can pass it, I definitely should pass it" lol Now that check definitely needs to get here, otherwise he'll be commuting 40 mins each way.....ewwwww!!

YAY congrats!! :woohoo:

YAY congrats!! :woohoo:

Thanx Jillian!!!

Been looking at rentals down there & there are very few 4 bdrm houses & then ones they do have are renting for $2000 & up.....we can't afford that!!! Hopefully when our money comes in, we'll be able to find something a bit more affordable.......the only problem with Corvallis is, it's a college town...so they up the prices because students share homes.

Would love the money to be here so we could move before school starts after Labor Day......just hate to move schools during the school year....ugh!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::hug:

Laurie -

Such wonderful news Today, starting on that note at the beginning of the week - has to be a great week! Check in later to see about the mail. Oh we have been talking about doing Goofy's about ten on Sun 10/2 as our last thing before we leave. Full bellies mean good kids in van :thumbsup2.

Kris

Oh that is wonderful!! The commute not so much but the promotion is fantastic!!:cool1:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::hug:

Laurie -

Such wonderful news Today, starting on that note at the beginning of the week - has to be a great week! Check in later to see about the mail. Oh we have been talking about doing Goofy's about ten on Sun 10/2 as our last thing before we leave. Full bellies mean good kids in van :thumbsup2.

Kris

We can only hope the good news will continue......problem is, if we have the same duffus delivering our mail today, I won't be home when it comes...... But as soon as I see it, I'll post!!!

Oh I hope you do Goofy's.....would be a great time to meet up!!!!

Oh that is wonderful!! The commute not so much but the promotion is fantastic!!:cool1:

The commute is nice when it's sunny, but as the weather turns, I'd hate for him to be driving that much. He'll be working earlier, but with the commute still getting home later then we'd like. It will work out......just hope it does sooner than later!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter