Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but just wait till later in the day. they get bombarded with calls in the morning. yesterday people that called right at 7am waited 90+ minutes, but people that called at 6pm didn't wait at all, lol

Good point. Thanks. Im also not too worried about my dates selling out

For those worried about getting their tickets before they sell out- don’t be! There were several parties with tickets still available through mid-September last year, I believe. The only two parties I’d try and purchase tickets for ASAP are the first party and the one on Halloween.

I’m not saying to wait until September to purchase, but there’s no need to stress out if you aren’t an AP holder, Disney Visa cardholder, have to wait until pay day etc.

While this is true remember this is an all new party and they went on sale earlier than ever. Everyone seems to go crazy these days over anything new at DL. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have earlier sell outs this year.

While this is true remember this is an all new party and they went on sale earlier than ever. Everyone seems to go crazy these days over anything new at DL. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have earlier sell outs this year.
True you just never know when they could sell out or what date. The fastest sell out date I've seen was Friday the 13th in 2017. Took only 4 days for it to sell out. I went to that party, and bought my tickets day 1 since I had the money ready and just wanted to get it over with. Glad I did!

Eeek! I hope tickets don't sell out before they open to the public!

They won’t... don’t forget that disboarders are a small percentage of how many tickets they have available... we are also more aware of what is happening at the parks. The average Disney goer won’t even realize until August that there is a Halloween party that they should buy tickets for.

I called today (Disney Visa holder) and got through in about 5 minutes to get our tickets. Seems the initial rush is over. I had no issue getting tickets for 10/6 FYI.

Perhaps they may sell out a bit earlier this year than in years past, but I wonder if that will be the case without any Friday or Saturday night parties. I still wouldn't expect any sold out parties for at least a month though, certainly not before tickets go on sale to the general public. I also wonder how many more party tickets they'll be selling this year now that they've switched it to DCA. This will be our 4th time attending a Halloween party at Disneyland, and we're always so surprised by how much more crowded the parties get each year.

True you just never know when they could sell out or what date. The fastest sell out date I've seen was Friday the 13th in 2017. Took only 4 days for it to sell out. I went to that party, and bought my tickets day 1 since I had the money ready and just wanted to get it over with. Glad I did!

Eeek! I hope tickets don't sell out before they open to the public!

They won’t... don’t forget that disboarders are a small percentage of how many tickets they have available... we are also more aware of what is happening at the parks. The average Disney goer won’t even realize until August that there is a Halloween party that they should buy tickets for.

Perhaps they may sell out a bit earlier this year than in years past, but I wonder if that will be the case without any Friday or Saturday night parties. I still wouldn't expect any sold out parties for at least a month though, certainly not before tickets go on sale to the general public. I also wonder how many more party tickets they'll be selling this year now that they've switched it to DCA. This will be our 4th time attending a Halloween party at Disneyland, and we're always so surprised by how much more crowded the parties get each year.

Just remember... Star Wars, lol. This year will be like no other, ever. I'm certainly not saying all the dates will sell out in the first week or two, but I'd bet we will see the dates sell out MUCH quicker. Also keep in mind that compared to the last 2 years, where they could sell more tickets because it was spread throughout 2 parks, now its only in DCA. And even though there's only so many DisBoarders, there's MANY many more groups and even more importantly, Facebook pages. Just this one video has over 14,000 views.

Me, I bought mine right away just to be on the safe side.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.43.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.43.42 PM.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 14

That reminds me: am I the only one half expecting a different special hard ticketed event for September 13 this year? I was kind of surprised that no Halloween Party on Friday 13th this year considering how fast the 2017 sold out.

That reminds me: am I the only one half expecting a different special hard ticketed event for September 13 this year? I was kind of surprised that no Halloween Party on Friday 13th this year considering how fast the 2017 sold out.
Idk. I think this year they are really trying to shift crowds away from Friday and Saturday. Those were rough during Halloween season.

I finally heard back from Guest Services about Photopass and the party tickets. They said that the tickets will include Photopass. I had also asked about MaxPass, but they didn't answer that part of the question.

I could go either way on this one. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to do a special "After Dark" type of event on the 13th, but given the crowds for HalloweenTime, I could also see them not feeling like they need to do anything. I don't think they'd opt to debut any of the new party things ahead of the first party (but anything is possible).

I was told it does include Maxpass when purchasing my tickets.

Does that mean MaxPass for the entire party or just during the mix-in hours? We did the WDW Halloween party instead last year so I didn’t keep up with what was happening at Disneyland. Was MaxPass included last year as well?

Does that mean MaxPass for the entire party or just during the mix-in hours? We did the WDW Halloween party instead last year so I didn’t keep up with what was happening at Disneyland. Was MaxPass included last year as well?
Based on last year, we could use maxpass during the 3 hour mix in. You could parkhop all night long to DCA if you wanted, and if you picked up a canceled fastpass you could use it over there. During the party at DL, fastpasses weren't available.

I could go either way on this one. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to do a special "After Dark" type of event on the 13th, but given the crowds for HalloweenTime, I could also see them not feeling like they need to do anything. I don't think they'd opt to debut any of the new party things ahead of the first party (but anything is possible).

Yes, that is what I was thinking of. "After Dark" type. Not some pre-premiere of party things.

Based on last year, we could use maxpass during the 3 hour mix in. You could parkhop all night long to DCA if you wanted, and if you picked up a canceled fastpass you could use it over there. During the party at DL, fastpasses weren't available.

Thanks! It’ll be interesting to see how MaxPass would work exclusively at DCA. By the time party guests are allowed in, I’d imagine that the most popular rides would already be out of FastPasses for the day.

Thanks! It’ll be interesting to see how MaxPass would work exclusively at DCA. By the time party guests are allowed in, I’d imagine that the most popular rides would already be out of FastPasses for the day.

I would be very curious about this too. I wasn't sure what to expect this last year at DL. I did notice that we could use maxpass and make dining reservations up until the park closed for the party. After that, there were no reservations or maxpass. We honestly did find that we needed them either. The park had such a lower level of attendance, we were able to find a place to eat with no trouble and ride what we wanted to ride with no lines. We went on Thunder Mountain, for example, 3 times in a row to get a tiny peek at the work on SWGE.

I was told it does include Maxpass when purchasing my tickets.
our tickets says the following

Because you added this feature to your ticket, you can use the Disneyland app to select from available FASTPASS experiences once you enter the park, and redeem your selections from your phone. Also, be sure to have our PhotoPass photographers capture your day’s Disneyland memories!

Does that mean MaxPass for the entire party or just during the mix-in hours?...
As others have said, MP on the party ticket is only for the pre-party hours.

Last year, FPs were hard to get during the overlap hours in DCA. We were able to grab some cancelled FPs as a small group, but I don't know how easy that would be for larger groups. SR helped out, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter