Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they’re signing autographs at the party? Thanks!

I personally got autographs from Loki, Blue Fairy, Pinocchio, Kim & Ron, Sheriff of Nottingham, Prince John and the Big Bad Wolf. I've seen Starlord, Gamora, Racliffe, Frollo, Snow White and Dopey sign. But especially the Villains may or may not sign depending on the light.

Going to DLR this Saturday and Sunday.

First, on non-party nights when does GOTG change to MAD (Monsters After Dark)?

Second, if it is a party night, and for non-party goers like me, does MAD still happen before the 6PM party? At what time?

If you look in the app it says that they can change over any time from 3-5 pm and to ask a cast member each day, this is for party and non party days. We rode on Sunday (a party day) the regular version at 2pm and a CM told us they were switching sometime between 3 and 4pm that day. We had a FP for 5pm so we were able to ride before we exited the park. I believe we booked that FP around 10:40am. We were in the standby line yesterday sometime I believe just before 4 when the CM entered the line behind us to demarcate where the after dark line starts (basically everyone in line before this CM gets the regular version and everyone after this CM gets after dark).

That's the list, I put both alternating sets separated by "-".

Fountain at Carthay Circle:
Snow White + Dopey - Blue Fairy + Pinocchio

In front of Guardians Ride (where Dance Off is)
Starlord - Gamora (towards the end both may be together)

Waterfall across from Avengers Campus fence:
Kingdom Hearts Goofy - Kingdom Hearts Donald

Across from Soaring:
Tail Spin Baloo + Don Karnage - Rescue Rangers Chip & Dale

Walkway to Grizzly River Run:
Mickey and Minnie (May be solo, best chance to catch them together after 9.30)

At the Mill at Grizzly River:
Villains (combinations can vary, characters seen so far Frollo, Ratcliffe, Big Bad Wolf, Sheriff of Nottingham, Prince John, Shan Yu and on one occasion Queen of Hearts)

At the very back of Pacific Wharf, near the passage to Cars Land:
Phineas + Ferb - Ron Stoppable + Kim Possible

Cars Land:
Cars Land Residents in Halloween outfits, seem to be the same as throughout the day

Paradise Pier, near the former Bandstand:
Woody + Bo Peep - Carl and Russell from Up

Roaming: Loki. He can be found in the area stretching from Disney Junior to the Descendants Dance Party to Guardians.

This is an awesome list ... thanks!

We also saw Mr. Incredible and Frozone alternating between the incredicoaster and the carousel.

I personally got autographs from Loki, Blue Fairy, Pinocchio, Kim & Ron, Sheriff of Nottingham, Prince John and the Big Bad Wolf. I've seen Starlord, Gamora, Racliffe, Frollo, Snow White and Dopey sign. But especially the Villains may or may not sign depending on the light.
Thanks! The Blue Fairy is the one I really want. I can’t wait to go next week!

When we were there a CM told us that they switch around 4 on party nights and 5 on non party nights.

If you don't time the FP right, we got in SB line around 4 and the line was only about 25 minutes long. (maybe because people don't expect it to change that early?) That was on a Sunday party night. (Sept 29)

Loved GOTG. I am a big ToT fan, but, I think I prefer the CA one, especially the monsters one.
IMO TOT was/is a perfectly themed ride. Disney made a mistake changing it from TOT to GOTG.

However, they compensated for this mistake by making GOTG really good. If it was not really good, then it would have been a huge mistake.

:wizard:

IMO TOT was/is a perfectly themed ride. Disney made a mistake changing it from TOT to GOTG.

However, they compensated for this mistake by making GOTG really good. If it was not really good, then it would have been a huge mistake.

:wizard:
Very true. I was worried it would be a disappointment, but, it definitely wasn't

For those who've been to a party this year - assuming it stays in DCA next year - would you recommend it for an almost-six-year-old in 2020? We're considering getting a FlexPass for our November 2019 trip and the possibility of bringing our DD to the party in 2020 is weighing into that decision. Yes, we'd have to buy the hard ticket but we'd stay for a couple of days before the pass expires.

From everything I've read in this thread, it def. seems this party is aimed at adults, teens and tweens. Thoughts?

I can't remember who asked. I can't find the reply. I didn't get a chance to ask about the ghosts and haunted mansion bride yesterday. It was very busy at the parks, and we were trying to do rides. So I didn't have time to check in about characters like I normally do.

I figure this is the best place to ask without starting a new thread: is Space Mountain still Hyperspace Mountain? I saw on the first page that it was unlikely that Ghost Galaxy was returning.

I'm hoping it's still Hyperspace when I'm there in November!

I noticed on the guide that it lists Anna & Elsa in the Animation building and Incredible Friends over by Incredicoaster. I didn't look to verify these, but there might be two more character options.
This is an awesome list ... thanks!

We also saw Mr. Incredible and Frozone alternating between the incredicoaster and the carousel.

I added these two. Those are the only stops I didn't do, so they dropped off my notes. Sorry. Anna and Elsa are definitely there, and I verified the Incredibles characters on Instagram.

For those who've been to a party this year - assuming it stays in DCA next year - would you recommend it for an almost-six-year-old in 2020?
I would recommend it if your child can stay up late and do okay with walking around/standing in lines for long periods of time. Trick or treating in the park is a fun activity. I did see many younger children (as I always do), but most of them looked spaced out/bored going through the trick or treat lines. So, it's really going to depend on what you all like to do. If you enjoy rides, it's a good time to get on rides without long waits.

For those who've been to a party this year - assuming it stays in DCA next year - would you recommend it for an almost-six-year-old in 2020? We're considering getting a FlexPass for our November 2019 trip and the possibility of bringing our DD to the party in 2020 is weighing into that decision. Yes, we'd have to buy the hard ticket but we'd stay for a couple of days before the pass expires.

From everything I've read in this thread, it def. seems this party is aimed at adults, teens and tweens. Thoughts?
It will depend on the kid. I did a lot of character meet and greets so I saw plenty of families in those lines. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. One area though is that this party had a spookier vibe to it. Yes there were villains at MHP, but OBB, seems to be based all around villains. The jerseys say “it’s good to be bad”, and the WOC show is about a girl who is interested in villains. So if that will scare your child, I wouldn’t go. I know as a kid I was easily frightened by scary images, so my parents wouldn’t do anything scary with me until I was about 12 or 13. I had to hold my dad’s hand on haunted mansion until I was like 15 lol.
Also make sure your kid can stay up late. I noticed once 10:00 hit, families were making a mass exodus from the park. When I left around 10:45, I saw kids throwing tantrums because they were so exhausted.

I figure this is the best place to ask without starting a new thread: is Space Mountain still Hyperspace Mountain? I saw on the first page that it was unlikely that Ghost Galaxy was returning.

I'm hoping it's still Hyperspace when I'm there in November!

Yes, its still Hyperspace. No Ghost Galaxy this year and and end date for Hyperspace has not been announced. With Rise of Skywalker coming out in Dec and ROTR opening in January I think they're probably going to try and keep Hyperspace for a while... (which is fine with me because I LOVE it! :darth::chewy::yoda:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter