HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now I have to resist buying another ticket! I might get a chance to go down for a solo trip a couple weeks ahead of when my mom and I are going (we're doing the Oct 10 party) and it is so tempting to go to an extra party just to get some good pictures of the parade so I can just enjoy it with my mom on Oct 10!

Thank heaven the ticket is $72 (if I did the 28th of Sept). That's the only thing stopping me from buying an extra party ticket and flying solo, lol! I'd rather put that money towards getting better fabric for my mom's and my costumes.

I can't wait to show her the parade we'll get to see, though! Now just to get her to decide on a costume before Sept 1 so I have time to swatch and order fabric with enough to still make our costumes...

I'll be at DLR with my bff for 4 days; she leaves on Monday afternoon and I have a conference that starts on Tuesday and I fly home on Wednesday. I've never done DLR by myself; I am thinking of going on Tuesday night for a few hours, to walk around and have dinner and I may still do that.

I wasn't going to go to MHP, but now that I see the parade, I am thinking of going. But, somehow the whole MHP seems much more intimidating to go by myself. I am wondering about the experiences of others going to MHP by themselves.

By the way -- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Crème Skulls? Yes, please. I need these in my life -- http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2016/08/25/spotted-on-shelves-8252016/

That is all.

I'll be at DLR with my bff for 4 days; she leaves on Monday afternoon and I have a conference that starts on Tuesday and I fly home on Wednesday. I've never done DLR by myself; I am thinking of going on Tuesday night for a few hours, to walk around and have dinner and I may still do that.

I wasn't going to go to MHP, but now that I see the parade, I am thinking of going. But, somehow the whole MHP seems much more intimidating to go by myself. I am wondering about the experiences of others going to MHP by themselves.

Hopefully a solo MHP guest will chime in.

I've done a lot of solo Disneyland trips -- single days and multi-day trips -- and I enjoy it because I take a lot of photos of the sights and I can't do that as well when I'm with people. I can't concentrate unless I am by myself. It took some getting used to, but eventually I realized I loved being solo at DLR. Originally, I thought that I was fine with being solo in every other place, but that the MHP would feel weird. I kind of changed my mind, though, but I still haven't gone to MHP by myself yet (not because I didn't want to, but just because of other circumstances). True, it's not the norm to be at MHP alone, but I think that it happens more often now than it used to. I would not expect it to be intimidating.

I think that people who are already used to spending a lot of time by themselves will be fine at DLR and MHP alone. I think it will be harder for those who always have someone with them or around them.

The parade announcement has me very excited. Now for the Blue Bayou details... Does anyone who did it last remember the times the special dinner was available? Do they have to wait until 7 so it is only for MHP guests? Or do they start earlier for those with a wristband?

TIA

I still think that the Frightfully Fun Parade is not going to be a full-fledged parade with a lot of floats and what not. It sounds like it is going to be limited to certain characters -- no Mickey and Minnie. That tells me it's not a full parade extravaganza, because you can't have a parade without the main mouse, can you? (Is Mickey in Boo to You at WDW?)

But it should be a step up from the Cavalcade -- at the very least, it's a new theme and some new parade performers. It's something fresh to add to MHP.

Shawn at the Parks Blog said: "The parade features the Headless Horeseman, Dr. Facilier and the Disney Villains, and characters from The Haunted Mansion and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.” He also said: "Mickey and his pals will appear in their costumes during Mickey’s Halloween Party, but they are not part of the 'Frightfully Fun Parade'.”

I still think that the Frightfully Fun Parade is not going to be a full-fledged parade with a lot of floats and what not. It sounds like it is going to be limited to certain characters -- no Mickey and Minnie. That tells me it's not a full parade extravaganza, because you can't have a parade without the main mouse, can you? (Is Mickey in Boo to You at WDW?)

But it should be a step up from the Cavalcade -- at the very least, it's a new theme and some new parade performers. It's something fresh to add to MHP.

Shawn at the Parks Blog said: "The parade features the Headless Horeseman, Dr. Facilier and the Disney Villains, and characters from The Haunted Mansion and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.” He also said: "Mickey and his pals will appear in their costumes during Mickey’s Halloween Party, but they are not part of the 'Frightfully Fun Parade'.”
Mickey and Minnie don't really fit in with the "Frightfully" part of the theme. I think they would look odd with the others listed.

Mickey and Minnie are in parade at Disney World. They are dressed in their Halloween costumes. There are a lot of characters in Halloween costumes in the Disney World parade. (some that come to mind are Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Alice and Wonderland)

What I mean when I say that I don't think FFP will be a full-fledged parade, is relatively speaking.... as compared to other parades. For example, A Christmas Fantasy Parade -- full-scale, full-fledged parade. Paint the Night -- full-scale parade. Soundsational -- full-scale parade. Electrical Parade -- full scale.

I don't think that Frightfully Fun will be on the level of those parades (yet -- maybe in future years it will), but it will be a step up from the Cavalcade.

Mickey and Minnie are in parade at Disney World. They are dressed in their Halloween costumes. There are a lot of characters in Halloween costumes in the Disney World parade. (some that come to mind are Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Alice and Wonderland)

Thank you! I thought I saw photos of Mickey in that parade. Are there a lot of floats too?

I've gone to MHP solo (and am planning to go solo again this year!), but then again, I'm happy going to DLR solo so it's never been an issue for me. The only real difference about MHP versus "regular" DLR solo is that there are fewer crowds, and the crowds that are there are generally in a festive mood (and have cool costumes!), plus there's awesome atmosphere and entertainment that you can't experience during the day. I'm not interested in characters and instead enjoy catching the entertainment (particularly the Cadaver Dans, fireworks, and now this new parade, which sounds awesome), riding my favorite rides over and over with little-to-no wait, and the treat trails (because it's not very often I get to trick-or-treat as an adult!).

I've never felt out-of-place or strange being solo at DLR, and love that it's generally easier to get a decent spot to watch entertainment without having to worry about anyone else -- there's usually space for one person at the last minute versus staking out space for a large party. However, there are not a lot of dining options during MHP (only counter service restaurants options once the party actually starts), and the few that are open can be super crowded, so if you're looking for a relaxing dinner and stroll around DLR, the MHP might not be the best fit. Personally, I love having dinner at Cafe Orleans about an hour before the official start of the party and people/costume watch while I eat, waiting for the "regular" guests to filter out and the party to begin.

I've gone to MHP solo (and am planning to go solo again this year!), but then again, I'm happy going to DLR solo so it's never been an issue for me. The only real difference about MHP versus "regular" DLR solo is that there are fewer crowds, and the crowds that are there are generally in a festive mood (and have cool costumes!), plus there's awesome atmosphere and entertainment that you can't experience during the day. I'm not interested in characters and instead enjoy catching the entertainment (particularly the Cadaver Dans, fireworks, and now this new parade, which sounds awesome), riding my favorite rides over and over with little-to-no wait, and the treat trails (because it's not very often I get to trick-or-treat as an adult!).

I've never felt out-of-place or strange being solo at DLR, and love that it's generally easier to get a decent spot to watch entertainment without having to worry about anyone else -- there's usually space for one person at the last minute versus staking out space for a large party. However, there are not a lot of dining options during MHP (only counter service restaurants options once the party actually starts), and the few that are open can be super crowded, so if you're looking for a relaxing dinner and stroll around DLR, the MHP might not be the best fit. Personally, I love having dinner at Cafe Orleans about an hour before the official start of the party and people/costume watch while I eat, waiting for the "regular" guests to filter out and the party to begin.

Thank you so much for giving me all that great info! Your post was very helpful and helps me feel much more encouraged about going solo to MHP.

While I've never gone to the MHP, I go solo to the parks all the time, and will be going to MHP for the first time next month (well, October). I generally am fairly introverted, so being there on my own doesn't bother me. If I want to chat with someone, there's always people around. Last Christmas season, a group of 3 teens and 1 adult had staked out a large area with a blanket. I asked if I could sneak in on the corner, and they welcomed with me with open arms, moving their blanket for me and chatting me up for the hour long wait for the parade. Being solo means you can squish into a small space between people for parades and shows. You can move through the parks faster. You don't have to stop (or go!) if you don't want to. Oh my, it's kind of making me sad thinking about taking my kid and niece next summer, lol!

Since this will be out first party I'm making myself anxious over fitting everything in while we are there! I don't want to waste precious party time staking out a parade/fireworks spot but I'm not sure that the show will be as good from ISASW where I think it will be less crowded.... ugh I just need to stop overthinking it and just go with the flow that night!! I think 5 hours will be plenty of time to fit in a little of everything but for some reason in my head it just doesn't seem like much time.....

Even though park hours aren't up yet, the DO have the daily events schedules populated through October 7 and it looks like the Frightfully Fun Parade will run twice each Halloween party, once before the fireworks at 8:30 and once after at 10:30! Nice to know we won't all be fighting for spots for one parade!

That parade sounds like a kick! The Haunted Mansion residents coming to "life" sounds like The Coolest Thing Ever! Ok, well maybe the coolest thing this week anyway ;) Alas I'm not going so I'll just have to look forward to some trip reports!

approx. how many tickets do they sell for each party?
My 2 daughters and I are going Oct. 14! Glad we bought our tickets early!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter