Happy St. Patrick's Day Podcast listeners!

bcvdreamer

DIS Veteran
Have an great day! We're not Irish, but we'll celebrate anything!

For me it's Happy Stuck in The House Day! My ds(8) is home sick. Some kids can cry on cue, mine little one can puke on cue. Really.

How can I send a "sick" kid to school? He already knows he's having a sub at school, so that may have brought this on, but who knows. In case he is really sick, I wouldn't want to do that to the poor sub. I have a soft spot in my heart for subs, since I used to be one! He's also having a little anxiety about me going out of town, so I think that is the real reason for his upset stomach.

It looks like I'll be playing the Wii today...so much for work!

Lisa

Happy Green Beer Day to you!

For me, it's Happy Get Your Lazy Butt Back To Work Day. Long overdue, I might add.

:shamrock: Happy St Patrick's Day! :shamrock:

I am in the Mean Mom Club. No fever, then off you go! If you are too sick for school, you need your rest- off to bed with maybe a book if you are lucky-you definitely are too sick to play video games. It's for your own good...

:rotfl:

If they are seriously ill for a period of time, I will actually give them some sympathy(TV/video games)but this method has helped greatly because it is NO FUN to stay home sick at my house, and they will only do it if they are truly sick.

Mindy, I thought you job was as an official DIS Podcast thread poster!

We'll miss you here today!

Bring on the green beer :drinking1

well...maybe after lunch. A little early right now.

:shamrock: Happy St Patrick's Day! :shamrock:

I am in the Mean Mom Club. No fever, then off you go! If you are too sick for school, you need your rest- off to bed with maybe a book if you are lucky-you definitely are too sick to play video games. It's for your own good...

:rotfl:

If they are seriously ill for a period of time, I will actually give them some sympathy(TV/video games)but this method has helped greatly because it is NO FUN to stay home sick at my house, and they will only do it if they are truly sick.

Usually I'm a Mean Mom too, but he hasn't missed a day of school all year, and no one wants to puke on the bus or have someone puke on you!

luck of the irish to all!!
My husband's irish..
he married me...
I LOVE disney...
so does he

sounds quite lucky to me!!! ;)

From one Celtic nation to another Happy St Partrick's Day :goodvibes

I am surprised. One of my friends is Scottish and her father hated St Patrick's Day with a passion. He always wore orange in protest and made them do the same. BTW, here in the states if you are a kid and you don't wear green to school you get pinched. :lmao: I just figured all Scots felt the same way.

Top O' The Mornin' to ya. Just started cooking the corn beef :goodvibes with O'Douls beer for a kick. Takes 11 hours for the best results. DS#1 can't stand the smell of O' de Cabbage;) but he's away at college so we're going to enjoy it. I'm off today to pack and watch the parade.

Lisa, Hope your little guy is feeling better. I was a sub too. Talk about thankless. It's like stepping into enemy territory for a day. Once you win them over you're gone.
I'm a mean one too. Throwing up, and no fever then they need to go. Unless the heaving is cause for a visit to the emergency room which is worse than missing school, lol. Never had to make that call thankfully.
DS#2 hasn't missed a day all year.:thumbsup2

Happy St. Patrick's to all. I miss being in Ireland - hello to all my family there :wave2:

DS(8)'s name is Patrick and thinks this day is all about him. Which drives DD (10) up the wall. :thumbsup2

Happy St. PATRICK'S day everyone!

Happy St. Patrick's to all. I miss being in Ireland - hello to all my family there :wave2:

For my Irish fix on St Patty's Day I watch the NYC parade on TV. It might be on the internet as well. Tune in you might see your county flag and hear fun anecdotal commentary as the parade goes by. I love to see the Irish Wolfhounds.
1.gif

DebºoºS;23842828 said:
Top O' The Mornin' to ya. Just started cooking the corn beef :goodvibes with O'Douls beer for a kick. Takes 11 hours for the best results. DS#1 can't stand the smell of O' de Cabbage;) but he's away at college so we're going to enjoy it. I'm off today to pack and watch the parade.

Lisa, Hope your little guy is feeling better. I was a sub too. Talk about thankless. It's like stepping into enemy territory for a day. Once you win them over you're gone.
I'm a mean one too. Throwing up, and no fever then they need to go. Unless the heaving is cause for a visit to the emergency room which is worse than missing school, lol. Never had to make that call thankfully.
DS#2 hasn't missed a day all year.:thumbsup2

Thanks Deb! My ds is sleeping right now, so I kind of feel bad for not believing 100%!

Love the green font!

Subbing = enemy territory :rotfl2: Every time I hear Kevin talk about being a Kindergarten teacher I admire him more and more. I subbed in Kindergarten once, and never stepped into a Kindergarten class again! It was while I had a Kindergartener too, so I thought, I can handle this, I have one at home!:confused3 Yeah right! I was sweating within 20 minutes.

Lisa

:shamrock: Happy St. Pat's to all my fellow Irish lasses (and lads) - and to everyone else who's celebrating. :shamrock:

I'm celebrating with a vacation day - no work for me today :)

DebºoºS;23843989 said:
For my Irish fix on St Patty's Day I watch the NYC parade on TV. It might be on the internet as well. Tune in you might see your county flag and hear fun anecdotal commentary as the parade goes by. I love to see the Irish Wolfhounds.
1.gif

Thanks - that's a great idea! (You must be part Irish :laughing: )

Happy St. Patricks Day!

My St. P's day activity is usually to find the first person wearing a giant guiness hat (a hat shaped like a pint on guiness, with a shamrock as the rim)

Mind you, mine hasn't been too much fun, I had to stand out in the cold with no coat for our first whole school photo in at least 7 years. I couldn't feel my toes for most of the day!

Happy St. Patricks Day to all. I figure while I'm here in Florida I should take advantage of the fact and head over to Downtown Disney for a visit to Raglin Road.

Job search is going well. No solid offers yet though.

Via iPhone

:shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cliffs of Moher, August 2001
MVC-125S.jpg

A town near the Cliffs:
MVC-134S.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter