Happy Thursday to me! So how was your commute?

wvjules

DIS Veteran
So I'm on my way to work this morning minding my own business when all of a sudden the car in front of me turns on police lights and stops. (Apparently I was following an unmarked car.) I look over to my left and thought it was a traffic accident. I hear yelling so I roll down my window to hear what is going on. That's when I notice a cop with his gun drawn, yelling at the man in the truck to "get out of the vehicle and put your hands up". (In the picture the cop with the gun is to the left of the black vehicle.) It was surreal. I thought i was going to be a witness to a shootout or something. I was the first car in line so there was nothing between me and what was going on. All of the police cars were unmarked. I didn't see one identifiable police car. Weird. I can't find anything about it on the news or traffic stations either.
IMG_1579.jpg

YOWSA! I bet your heart was racing. I am sure in the first few seconds with all that screaming, you were trying to figure out why they were coming for you. LOL.

You definitely win commute of the month! 🏆

(I am going out on a limb that no one will beat you on this!) ;)

Wow!

I had a similar occurrence about 12 years ago. I was on my way to work on a winding 2-lane street with a 35 mph limit and walled neighborhoods lining both sides. I came around a curve where I could see a little ahead and saw a car coming toward me being pursued by law enforcement. My first thought was “They’re never going to be able to control their car around these curves.” and for some reason, I just stopped. There wasn’t anyplace to get out of the way. Sure enough, the car lost control, came across the lane in front of me, went back into their lane, and came across again behind me, slamming into the concrete wall. By now, the police car was there, guns drawn yelling at the driver to get out of the car. I drove a little farther up the road, but had to pull off and let the adrenaline go down before I could go on to work.

My commute today didn’t even involve leaving the house, since I am off on Thursday.

Wow!

I had a similar occurrence about 12 years ago. I was on my way to work on a winding 2-lane street with a 35 mph limit and walled neighborhoods lining both sides. I came around a curve where I could see a little ahead and saw a car coming toward me being pursued by law enforcement. My first thought was “They’re never going to be able to control their car around these curves.” and for some reason, I just stopped. There wasn’t anyplace to get out of the way. Sure enough, the car lost control, came across the lane in front of me, went back into their lane, and came across again behind me, slamming into the concrete wall. By now, the police car was there, guns drawn yelling at the driver to get out of the car. I drove a little farther up the road, but had to pull off and let the adrenaline go down before I could go on to work.

My commute today didn’t even involve leaving the house, since I am off on Thursday.
Holy crap that's scary! Good thing you stopped.

Jules you gotta follow-up and find out what that was all about. That'll be a great story to tell for years to come!;)

I almost tripped over my dogs on the way down the steps. That's all the excitement I had.

Morning commute was great - hardly any traffic volume.

I almost got hit on the way home because I stopped for a pedestrian in a crosswalk, and the driver behind me seemed to think that was optional.

(I will say that my town puts crosswalks in the worst places.)

I'd love some snow but that looks miserable. I like watching from the comfort of my sofa.
Miserable doesn’t begin to describe it. It’s literally a battle to keep life going in these conditions. Household water lines and heating exhausts freeze, cars won’t start, transit is unreliable, pets can’t be outside, businesses are closed unexpectedly, you name it. And that doesn’t even address the driving, which is literally taking your life in your hands. We’re on Day 6 of this right now and everyone is starting to show the strain. :sad:

Did you duck???!! My head would not have been up to take any photos.

a month ago woman had a seizure/ passed out on my train ride one. Train was empty in our car so I was a first responder. Thank God a DR. Was on Board. We were in the boonies too. All was ok though. Was a bit freaked out.

I never thought I was about to witness a shootout on my work commute, but here's a picture of the officer and his cadaver dog searching for a dead body buried on my property...

20040420Dogsearch05.jpg

Miserable doesn’t begin to describe it. It’s literally a battle to keep life going in these conditions. Household water lines and heating exhausts freeze, cars won’t start, transit is unreliable, pets can’t be outside, businesses are closed unexpectedly, you name it. And that doesn’t even address the driving, which is literally taking your life in your hands. We’re on Day 6 of this right now and everyone is starting to show the strain. :sad:

Hang in there girl! My relatives in St. John's NL in peril today/tonight. My brother on Vancouver Island has been experiencing his first winter there, they moved out from here in Ontario 4 years ago. Nothing like what you Calgarians have been coping with. Stay strong all.

We get our 2nd storm of this winter, but with more snow tonight/tomorrow.

Hang in there girl! My relatives in St. John's NL in peril today/tonight. My brother on Vancouver Island has been experiencing his first winter there, they moved out from here in Ontario 4 years ago. Nothing like what you Calgarians have been coping with. Stay strong all.

We get our 2nd storm of this winter, but with more snow tonight/tomorrow.
Thanks - we're almost through it. A Chinook is forecast for Tuesday - by noon it will be +10! Even right now it's a little better. Only -26C in the sun! :beach: I do feel bad for the Newfies. :eek: That's Snowmageddon coming right at them. You're going to have to try a little harder to get sympathy out of me for the left-coasters though. ;)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ood-very-cold-week/ar-BBZ1WgH?ocid=spartanntp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter