Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Harry is managing to skirt around a lot of the questions being asked by Tom Bradby in tonight's TV interview. Maybe Tom wasn't the best person to be interviewing him as they are friends.

The Telegraph is live reporting on the ITV interview. Half way in, this is the most interesting thing being said ( according to me):

9:37PM

I don't recognise my father and brother, says Prince Harry

The Duke of Sussex he "doesn't recognise" his father and brother at the moment.
He tells ITV's Tom Bradby: "I think there's probably a lot of people who, after watching the documentary and reading the book, will go, how could you ever forgive your family for what they've done?

"People have already said that to me. And I said, forgiveness is 100 per cent a possibility because I would like to get my father back. I would like to have my brother back. At the moment, I don't recognise them, as much as they probably don't recognise me."

He calls the British tabloid press the "antagonist... who want to create as much conflict as possible".

Prince Harry goes on to claim in the interview: "The saddest part of that is certain members of my family and the people that work for them are complicit in that conflict. "

And this one I found amusing.

9:34PM

'No institution is immune to accountability'

Harry discusses his desire for reconciliation.
He tells Mr Bradby: "No institution is immune to accountability or taking responsibility. So you can't be immune to criticisms either.

"And you talk about, you know, scrutiny and, you know, my wife and I were scrutinised more than, probably, anybody else. I see a lack of scrutiny to my family towards a lot of the things that have happened in the last year. "

Oh wait, this bit is also interesting. From the live reporting in the Times. Doesn't Harry remember what he has written or does he really think what he said wasn't hurtful?

Bradby talks about how Harry is “pretty scathing” about his stepmother and the press in the book. Harry had insinuated in the memoir that Camilla was responsible for leaking details of a meeting with William.
Reports after the leaking of the book last week had disputed this, claiming that a staff member was responsible for the leak and resigned. But Harry says: “There’s no part of any of the things that I’ve said are scathing towards any member of my family, especially not my stepmother.
“There are things that have happened that have been incredibly hurtful . . . some in the past, some current.”

Harry doesn't seem to realize that his relationship with William is exactly like millions of sibling relationships in the world.

9:48PM

Prince Harry on separation from William

Interviewer Tom Bradby puts it to Prince Harry that his account of his brother, the Prince of Wales, begins with deep love.
Prince Harry responds: "Love but also separation. Which I think will really surprise people, the fact that we grew up – I mean our mother was dressing us in the same clothes to start with, William didn’t like that, I think I seem to remember I found it quite funny, but the older, younger sort of sibling rivalry as such, now is only really becoming, I guess real to me.

"Like, sorry, okay, for instance I talk about the relationship between William and myself at Eton. And the fact that he didn’t really want to know me, and you know, as the younger brother that sucks."

Harry doesn't think his Father or brother will read the book or watch the interview. But if he talks to them again it will be in private and it will (he hopes) stay private.
Better hope his wife and her microphone aren't there then!

Well, the first analysis is in. Harry is frustrated with Tom.

Analysis: Is Harry frustrated?

Analysis by Victoria Ward, Royal Correspondent
Harry seems frustrated with Tom Bradby's line of questioning and appears to bristle when pushed on his views about the media and his decision to reveal intimate family secrets.
Tom Bradby's reaction to the Duke's account of losing his virginity led to an awkward moment as the journalist said he wanted to "scrub it from his memory".
It will be interesting to see if their close friendship endures.

Harry still isn't one of the brightest, is he?

9:57PM
Prince of Wales 'raised concerns' about marriage to Meghan Markle

The Duke of Sussex claimed his brother “raised some concerns” about his marriage to Meghan Markle. Harry told Tom Bradby on ITV: “He never tried to dissuade me from marrying Meghan but he aired some concerns very early on and said ‘this is going to be really hard for you’, and I still to this day don’t truly understand which part of what he was talking about.

“Maybe he predicted what the British press’s reaction was going to be?”

Harry still isn't one of the brightest, is he?

9:57PM
Prince of Wales 'raised concerns' about marriage to Meghan Markle

The Duke of Sussex claimed his brother “raised some concerns” about his marriage to Meghan Markle. Harry told Tom Bradby on ITV: “He never tried to dissuade me from marrying Meghan but he aired some concerns very early on and said ‘this is going to be really hard for you’, and I still to this day don’t truly understand which part of what he was talking about.

“Maybe he predicted what the British press’s reaction was going to be?”
Yep, I don't believe for one minute Harry didn't turn around and ask "what do you mean?"

Okay, this one is weird. I had not expected Harry to be on the side of lady Susan Hussey. Probably the same explanation as the p-word. Harry didn't know that was racist and that is a good explanation (on certain occasions).

Harry has voiced his views on the row involving Lady Susan Hussey, the Queen’s lady-in-waiting, who resigned and apologised after she asked Ngozi Fulani, a black British charity boss, where she “really came from”.

A meeting was held at Buckingham Palace where Hussey apologised in person to Fulani, who accepted the apology.

Harry tells Brady he was “very happy” that the women had sat down and reconciled.

He says that he and his wife “love Susan Hussey,” adding that Meghan “thinks she’s great.”

Hussey “never meant any harm at all”, Harry believes, as he criticised the “horrendous” response from the British press.

Finally we get to the point. To Harry, discussing Archie's skin colour wasn't racist. Help me remember, Meghan made it look as if it was, didn't she?

10:34PM

Duke of Sussex discusses Oprah interview

Prince Harry has denied that he accused his family of racism in the bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview in 2021.

ITV interview Tom Bradby tells him: "In the Oprah interview you accused members of your family of racism ..."

"No I didn’t," the Duke of Sussex responds. "The British press said that... did Meghan ever mention that they're racist?"

When Mr Bradby attempts to explain that the Duchess of Sussex told Oprah there were comments made about Archie's skin colour from within the family, Prince Harry says "there was" but that "I wouldn’t [describe that as racist], not having lived within that family".

Prince Harry adds: "The difference between racism and unconscious bias, the two things are different. But once it's been acknowledged, or pointed out to you as an individual, or as an institution, that you have unconscious bias, you therefore have an opportunity to learn and grow from that in order so that you are part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
"Otherwise unconscious bias then moves into the category of racism."

The Duke goes on: "What happened to Ngozi Fulani is a very good example of the environment within the institution, and why after our Oprah interview, they said that they were gonna bring in a diversity tsar. That hasn’t happened. Everything they said was gonna happen hasn’t happened."

Finally we get to the point. To Harry, discussing Archie's skin colour wasn't racist. Help me remember, Meghan made it look as if it was, didn't she?

10:34PM

Duke of Sussex discusses Oprah interview

Prince Harry has denied that he accused his family of racism in the bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview in 2021.

ITV interview Tom Bradby tells him: "In the Oprah interview you accused members of your family of racism ..."

"No I didn’t," the Duke of Sussex responds. "The British press said that... did Meghan ever mention that they're racist?"

When Mr Bradby attempts to explain that the Duchess of Sussex told Oprah there were comments made about Archie's skin colour from within the family, Prince Harry says "there was" but that "I wouldn’t [describe that as racist], not having lived within that family".

Prince Harry adds: "The difference between racism and unconscious bias, the two things are different. But once it's been acknowledged, or pointed out to you as an individual, or as an institution, that you have unconscious bias, you therefore have an opportunity to learn and grow from that in order so that you are part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
"Otherwise unconscious bias then moves into the category of racism."

The Duke goes on: "What happened to Ngozi Fulani is a very good example of the environment within the institution, and why after our Oprah interview, they said that they were gonna bring in a diversity tsar. That hasn’t happened. Everything they said was gonna happen hasn’t happened."
This is baffling, I did not watch the Oprah interview, but I did read about the comments about the baby‘s skin color.

Ok, so this was boring.

Besides the comments about Oprah, we didn't learn anything new as most was already leaked from the book.

Summary:
- Harry is obsessed with Diana
- No one understands him or Meghan (saw a tweet asking if Harry was sponsored by a company called Unconscious Bias)
- He loves his family, but they are 'expletive'
- And the British press is evil.
- oh, and Harry was frustrated with Tom.

Time for me to go to bed, Americans, have fun with Anderson Cooper tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
He just keeps talking and talking...and talking some more. It's like he's saying, No, no, really -- they're awful. And then can't really come up with anything all that awful. (Actually, his family sounds pretty good, compared to a lot of others.)

So half that, just being mean; and then the other half is it's like an apology tour for all the stupid things he's done, such as stripping in Las Vegas with new "friends."
(Just be a grown-up, doing productive things, and nobody will care what happened years ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter