Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse, here’s Harry now spewing more hate on the interview circuit.

He is really digging himself into a hole he’s never going to be able to crawl out of, unfortunately.

At this point it’s just one big eye roll to all he keeps droning on about.

The RF has shown a lot of restraint facing all these accusations.

I think a pp got it right.

1673222198966.png

And just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse, here’s Harry now spewing more hate on the interview circuit.

He is really digging himself into a hole he’s never going to be able to crawl out of, unfortunately.

At this point it’s just one big eye roll to all he keeps droning on about.

The RF has shown a lot of restraint facing all these accusations.

I think a pp got it right.

View attachment 730653
Now I really get the stiff upper lip thing.

The dreadful working day is over, so now it is time for a proper recap.

Harry’s book is not officially released to the public yet. However, several news outlets obtained the English copy. And one or more stores in Spain already put it on sale, as apparently in Spain it’s custom to give books for Epiphany, an important holiday. Some report sales in Valencia, some in Madrid. This means that there can be discrepancies in exact stories as some news outlets had to use an English book translated to Spanish and then back to English.

Popcorn ready? Let’s go!

What do we know?

Harry & William

• William was angry with Meghan, seeing red mist. She was rude and difficult. Harry told William not to listen to the media. William knocked/pushed Harry to the floor. It happened in the kitchen, Harry broke his back on a flimsy dog bowl and William had ripped off his necklace. There are rumours the necklace Harry has been wearing for a decade was the gift of a former girlfriend.
  • Harry called his therapist, not Meghan after this incident. The therapist is apparently available to Harry all hours/on speed dial.
  • Harry was the bigger person in this argument. He told William that he couldn’t talk to him like that, offered him a glass of water, he didn’t punch William back, despite he could see that’s what William wanted.
  • Harry calls William his arch nemesis.
  • They also call each other Willy and Harold. #Haroldsnecklace
  • William told Harry to shave for Harry’s wedding. Harry had agreed with his grandmother he didn’t have to, and William was jealous, because he had to shave for his own wedding.
  • Harry didn’t give William Diana’s ring to give it to Kate. William had the ring in his possession for a long time and it appears the topic wasn’t discussed.
  • When they fought in the car as kids, Charles stopped the car, to tell William to stop it. William was once banned to another car with the security guards, where Harry says that when he looked at the car, he could see William plotting revenge.
  • Harry is bitter about that Charles & William cannot fly together in the same plane, but nobody cared how he travelled.
Harry & Camilla

• Harry feared Camilla would be a wicked stepmother. When he first met her he thought of her as if getting an injection. Close your eyes and it’s over quickly. Camilla was bored during their first meeting
  • He and William wouldn’t stand in the way of their father’s happiness, but they didn’t want him to get remarried.
  • Camilla launched a campaign to marry his father and to get the crown.
  • Harry was sad that Camilla changed his bedroom at Clarence House into a dressing room.
Harry & Charles

• Charles begged William and Harry not to fight at Phillip’s funeral, ‘don’t make my final years misery’.
  • Charles does handstands in his underwear (bad back/neck)
  • Charles found it very funny that people thought Harry wasn’t his and would joke about it.
  • Charles still carries a teddybear with him, Harry thinks that’s pitiful.
  • Charles told Harry there wasn’t money to also maintain Meghan (while according to Harry that was the agreement and his obligation as his father, the prince)
  • Charles was jealous of Meghan’s popularity.
Harry & Diana

• Harry consulted a medium to get in touch with his mother. The medium of course told Harry that he was doing the right thing.
  • Harry recreated the final car ride of his mother by having his chauffeur race through Paris and the tunnel at the exact same speed.
  • Harry took Meghan to his mother’s grave and when he gave her a moment by herself (she needed that he felt), Meghan was with her hands on Diana’s grave asking for clarity and guidance.
Harry (& Meghan) vs. William & Kate

• Meghan told Kate that she had baby brain, leading up to the wedding. Kate didn’t like that, told Meghan that she wasn’t close enough to talk about her hormones. William defended his wife, wagging his finger in Meghan’s face, who didn’t like that either.
  • William & Kate LOVED watching Suits, and asked Harry many questions when he told them he was dating one of the actresses.
  • William & Kate were annoyed they didn’t get Easter gifts from the Sussexes
  • William & Kate switch place cards around at the wedding.
  • Harry & Meghan were jealous of their housing arrangements. William and Kate got it all and they had an IKEA lamp and a couch bought on a discount site with Meghan’s credit card (spite Harry getting 2 million a year from his father and Meghan had a decent actress salary)
  • The fight was about dresses.
  • Kate made Meghan cry, she apologized for it.
  • William and Kate suggested to dress up as a nazi.
  • Harry feared Kate would take William away from him. He thought he would be invited over to Kensington Palace more for dinner. They didn’t.
  • Harry kept his spirits up how the three would get along so well.
  • He was also very happy to go from three to four, but apparently William tried to slow things down to add Meghan into the mix.
  • Apparently there was an incident with lipgloss. At the beginning of it all, Meghan asked Kate to borrow her lipgloss. Kate reluctantly gave hers but was disgusted by this American custom!
Harry & Meghan

• They thought about using one of the Spencer tiara’s, but the Queen begged them to use one of hers.
  • Everyone loved Meghan’s choice in tiara.
  • Harry & Meghan thought it wasn’t needed to have a lot of security to transport the tiara through London to get it to Meghan for her fitting (Kate recommended the fitting) and they were putting obstacles in his way.
  • He googled Meghan’s sex scenes in Suits. That was a mistake.
  • Meghan wasn’t welcome at the Queen’s bedside
  • While the Palace never responds to issues about outfits worn by the Royal Family, Harry thinks they should have told the press that the Palace approved of Meghan's ripped jeans which she wore on the first outing as a royal couple.
Harry

• Harry did drugs. We knew that, but now we know it was coke, mushrooms and marihuana.
  • Harry felt people treated him differently after William got married. He was an unredeemed bachelor.
  • He kissed a Page 3-girl (that’s a glamour model) during his years as the Party Prince.
  • Harry expected to keep his security after stepping down as Andrew still had his.
Harry & the Army

• Harry killed 25 Taliban on his tours in Afghanistan. With the technology he can know that number precisely. He basically has no emotions over this, no glee, no disgust.
  • During an army training he was abducted and tortured. One of the things that still haunts him is that the ‘torturers’ said that his mother was pregnant when she died and it was a muslim baby. An instructor apologized for what they had said.
  • During this training he was naked, blindfolded and they made fun of his small willy. He was also spat in the face. He was locked up with other naked colleagues in the training, forced to sit in uncomfortable positions until he struggled to breathe. No sleep for 72 hours.
  • Apparently two of his colleagues ‘went crazy’ during this training.
Things we didn’t want to know.

• Harry lost his virginity to an older woman with a thing for horses. He mounted her quickly and she slapped his rump afterwards. It was outside a busy pub in a field. Harry was 16 or 17.
  • Harry is circumcised.
  • Harry had a frostbitten todger (willy :P ) after a trip to the Arctics. This still bothered him at William & Kate’s wedding.
The lip gloss thing grosses me out. I don’t share my make up products. And I can’t even imagine asking someone (especially someone who will be queen) to borrow her lip gloss

The lip gloss thing grosses me out. I don’t share my make up products. And I can’t even imagine asking someone (especially someone who will be queen) to borrow her lip gloss
I agree, I am fairly sure it is not recommended to share make up products, princess or someone who will be queen notwithstanding.

I agree, I am fairly sure it is not recommended to share make up products, princess or someone who will be queen notwithstanding.
Growing up in 1960-70s ( in the USA) my parents told me not to share cups, straws, or take a bite out of a friend's food, etc. Or share lipstick , eyeshadow when I got older.
To this day the only person I share a straw ( or Chapstick)with is DH.

from his interview with tom bradby-

"We're six years into it now and I have spent every single year of those six doing everything I can privately to get through to my family. And the thing that is the saddest about this, Tom, is it never needed to be this way. It never needed to get to this point," he said. "I've had conversations, I've written letters, I've written emails, and everything is just, no, you, this is not what's happening. You are imagining it.' And that's really hard to take."

"And if it had stopped by the point that I fled my home country with my wife and my son fearing for our lives, then maybe this would've turned out differently," he said.

even if doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is NOT insanity it could drive one towards it, and hyper focusing on real or perceived wrong doings from external forces for years on end vs. moving away and moving on is just unhealthy. i fear for the children being raised in this environment.

I watched 60 Minutes. I got turned off by him. Poor me, poor me. Sad he lost his mother at a young age but it also happened to his brother. Also happened to others. Somehow by ripping up the family it will make him feel better. I think some of it is paranoia.

I watched 60 Minutes. I got turned off by him. Poor me, poor me. Sad he lost his mother at a young age but it also happened to his brother. Also happened to others. Somehow by ripping up the family it will make him feel better. I think some of it is paranoia.
Ironic too because Anderson lost a parent at a young age.
He also lost a brother.

They should have discussed their lesbian ancestors who had an affair! That would have been more entertaining.

Ironic too because Anderson lost a parent at a young age.
He also lost a brother.

They should have discussed their lesbian ancestors who had an affair! That would have been more entertaining.

and dang-if you want to explore a horrific and screwed up childhood to get past anderson's mother gloria vanderbilt is a prime example. one of the most publicized and horrific child custody cases of that century and classic parental alienation syndrome before the term existed:scared:

from his interview with tom bradby-

"We're six years into it now and I have spent every single year of those six doing everything I can privately to get through to my family. And the thing that is the saddest about this, Tom, is it never needed to be this way. It never needed to get to this point," he said. "I've had conversations, I've written letters, I've written emails, and everything is just, no, you, this is not what's happening. You are imagining it.' And that's really hard to take."

"And if it had stopped by the point that I fled my home country with my wife and my son fearing for our lives, then maybe this would've turned out differently," he said.

even if doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is NOT insanity it could drive one towards it, and hyper focusing on real or perceived wrong doings from external forces for years on end vs. moving away and moving on is just unhealthy. i fear for the children being raised in this environment.

Harry is a prime example of just because a person may feel a certain way or perceive something a certain way doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true.

Regardless of how popular it’s become in society to put such a great emphasis on feelings, one’s feelings and/or perceptions don’t always equal the reality.

Harry is a prime example of just because a person may feel a certain way or perceive something a certain way doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true.

Regardless of how popular it’s become in society to put such a great emphasis on feelings, one’s feelings and/or perceptions don’t always equal the reality.
Yeah, sometimes “my truth” is actually anything but…

The interview with Anderson Cooper on 60 minutes only lasted 30 minutes. The other half of the program was for Hans Zimmer. Which made me think they should have combined the two. Imagine Hans Zimmer writing dramatic epic music to support Harry's claims.

Basically not much new here either, because the book has leaked so much. Most interesting was Harry probably crossing that red line: Painting Camilla as the villain. It's so weird, Harry says that he supported his father's marriage, just don't get married. And that he's at peace with it now. But then again, she is the villain.
It makes one wonder what the timeline is according to him. The affair became public knowledge in 1994. They didn't get married till 2005 and I believe even after that it took time for the tone in the press to change. I think Camilla is the prime example that 'Don't complain, don't explain' is more than a motto, it's a strategy that works in the long run.

In a broadside against his stepmother, the Duke echoed his mother’s words by saying on US television: “She was the third person in their marriage."

Describing the circumstances around the Queen consort's relationship with her father, the Duke said: “She was the villain. She needed to rehabilitate her image. That made her dangerous because of the connections that she was forging within the British press. And there was open willingness on both sides to trade information. With a family built on hierarchy, and with her, on the way to being Queen consort, there were going to be people or bodies left in the street because of that.”

Airing just hours after his chat with ITV’s Tom Bradby, the Duke of Sussex told CBS’s ‘60 Minutes’: “If you are led to believe, as a member of the family, that being on the front page, having positive headlines, positive stories written about you, is going to improve your reputation or increase the chances of you being accepted as monarch by the British public, then that’s what you're going to do.”

Other interesting thing: denouncing their titles. According to Harry that won't make a difference.

1:32AM

Why not renounce your titles as Duke and Duchess?

Anderson Cooper has been very polite, but has not been afraid to ask some difficult questions.
"Why not renounce your titles as duke and duchess?" he says, but Harry fires back straight away: "And what difference would that make?"

Cooper responds: "One of the criticisms that you've received is that okay, fine, you wanna move to California, you wanna step back from the institutional role. Why be so public? Why reveal conversations you've had with your father, or with your brother? You say you tried to do this privately."

"And every single time I've tried to do it privately there have been briefings and leakings and planting of stories against me and my wife," says Harry.

"You know, the family motto is never complain, never explain. But it's just a motto. And it doesn't really hold."

And Harry believes that what he writes is not intended to hurt his family. It's just to give the full picture.

12:45AM

Harry denies book is 'cutting' about William

"You write about a contentious meeting you had with him in 2021," Cooper says of Prince William.
"You said, “I looked at Willy, really looked at him maybe for the first time since we were boys. I took it all in, his familiar scowl, which had always been his default in dealings with me, his alarming baldness, more advanced than my own, his famous resemblance to Mummy which was fading with time, with age.” That’s pretty cutting."
"I don’t see it as cutting at all," the Duke replied.
"My brother and I love each other. I love him deeply. There has been a lot of pain between the two of us, especially the last six years.
"None of anything that I’ve written, anything I’ve included is ever intended to hurt my family. But it does give a full picture of the situation as we were growing up, and also squashes this idea that somehow my wife was the one that destroyed the relationship between these two brothers."

This part is also interesting. Harry really wants to apologise publicly, but his family has to tell him privately.
Oh, and he doesn't leak stories himself.

2:03AM

Rupture can be healed, says Duke

"In the book, you called this, "A-- full-scale rupture." Can it be healed?" asks Cooper.
"Yes. The ball is very much in their court, but, you know, Meghan and I have continued to say that we will openly apologise for anything that we did wrong, but every time we ask that question, no one's telling us the specifics or anything. There needs to be a constructive conversation, one that can happen in private that doesn't get leaked."

"I assume they would say, "Well, how can we trust you how do we know that you're not gonna reveal whatever conversations we have in an interview somewhere?" says Cooper, who like Bradby, has been excellent in this interview.

"This all started with them briefing, daily, against my wife with lies to the point of where my wife and I had to run away from my country," says a defensive Duke

And Harry believes that what he writes is not intended to hurt his family. It's just to give the full picture.

12:45AM

Harry denies book is 'cutting' about William

"You write about a contentious meeting you had with him in 2021," Cooper says of Prince William.
"You said, “I looked at Willy, really looked at him maybe for the first time since we were boys. I took it all in, his familiar scowl, which had always been his default in dealings with me, his alarming baldness, more advanced than my own, his famous resemblance to Mummy which was fading with time, with age.” That’s pretty cutting."
"I don’t see it as cutting at all," the Duke replied.
"My brother and I love each other. I love him deeply. There has been a lot of pain between the two of us, especially the last six years.
"None of anything that I’ve written, anything I’ve included is ever intended to hurt my family. But it does give a full picture of the situation as we were growing up, and also squashes this idea that somehow my wife was the one that destroyed the relationship between these two brothers."

There’s a lot of meanness exhibited in the above quoted material.

Really, Harry is too young to be doing memoirs and a memoir book tour. The autobiographies usually come after attaining some age, wisdom, accomplishment and circumspection.
I remember Brad Pitt turning down an invitation to appear on The Actor’s Studio because he said he didn’t have a sufficient body of work. That was after umpteen movies. I wish Harry had waited to simmer down. But he apparently wanted the money. Now.

Quick question to those who watched the interviews - did Harry continue to sniff routinely? There were excerpts last week that I caught on our news and he kept sniffing - almost to the point where I wondered if he had a sinus infection (or in light of the recent revelations) been doing drugs.

@kyton , I haven't watched (not available in my region), but I saw more than 1 article say something about sniffing. Maybe it is a secret message to UK people, that even in sunny California you can get a cold.

More than one person in the UK has received their Spare-copy already, Amazon messed up

Spare is due to go on sale officially from tomorrow. But some royal fans have already received their copies. One customer, who ordered the book from Amazon, told the Daily Mail last night: 'I literally ordered it on Friday and it said it would be delivered on Tuesday. Then today it said it was out for delivery. I was like, 'Nah, they've messed up.' And there it was when I got home.'

Another customer posted a picture of their copy of the book on Twitter on Saturday night, writing: 'I got my book today!'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter