Harry Potter Crowd Report Thread...

Went on Thanksgiving day 11/25/11 and it was PACKED! Ride at the castle was a 2 hour wait until about 3:30pm and then it was down to just 45min. It was almost standing room only in all shops and the line for Butter Beer was VERY long at around 10:30am-3pm. So we left and enjoyed other parts of the park then went back after 3:30pm, which seemed to work well. The park overall was full but not overstuffed with most rides not having less than a 45min wait in the Island of Adventure.

Here now. TM says crowds today much better than yesterday. Almost instituted timed entry system yesterday, no plans to today. Crowded but not insane IMO. Saving HP for night time now. Don't know wait times in WWoHP, but in Seuss CitH is only 30 and Trolley Train 15. Bodes well for a decent day and a pleasant surprise.

Last night at 9:20 PM my DD and I walked on FJ!!!! The sign said 20 minutes but it was walk on!! Today the crowds were there but what do you expect on Saturday middle of the day. Yes, stores crowded FJ said 90 m. We just looked around and plan on going back later tonight!

Last night at 9:20 PM my DD and I walked on FJ!!!! The sign said 20 minutes but it was walk on!! Today the crowds were there but what do you expect on Saturday middle of the day. Yes, stores crowded FJ said 90 m. We just looked around and plan on going back later tonight!
Wise move! :thumbsup2

FJ @ 4:45p was 90 minutes, posted 75. Hippogriff currently @ 5 minutes. Posted FJ is 60.

DH and went yesterday, and arrived at 8:30AM. They just started letting people in (30 minutes early), and we followed the crowd straight to WWOHP. Jumped in the line for FJ, got on in about 30 minutes. Next, we did the little coaster, waited about 10 minutes. Then we waiting for Olivander's for about an hour, but we were okay with that. After that, we headed for Dueling Dragons, and walked on that. Had lunch at Three Broomsticks, and it took about 20 minutes to get in, order, and get a table.

Then we went over to US for a while and came back to IOA around 9-ish. FJ was at 20 minutes, and everything was much less crowded than earlier in the day.

For our first Universal Studios/IOA experience, we were very pleased. We thought the crowds were no where near as bad as we had read, and we were able to do just about everything we wanted. Plus, we couldn't have asked for better weather! Simply gorgeous!

Of course, I doubt the day would have been as smooth if we hadn't gotten there at RD. So, if anyone is ever curious about future crowds the day after Thanksgiving, we had no problems at all.

DH and I were in there about that time! But we didn't ride. He just wanted to take pictures of the queuing line. We rode it that morning, and while I loved it, he can get sick on simulator rides like that. But he didn't have his camera with him in the morning when we first went through. So if you saw a couple just standing around taking pictures, that was us!!

When we went last March, conventional wisdom was that Sunday was the best day of the week to do WWoHP. It looks from a quick scan like this is still the case--can anyone confirm? WE aren't going for awhile (June), so obviously things could change, but since our dining reservations need to be in soon we're trying to get together a preliminary plan.

When we went last March, conventional wisdom was that Sunday was the best day of the week to do WWoHP. It looks from a quick scan like this is still the case--can anyone confirm? WE aren't going for awhile (June), so obviously things could change, but since our dining reservations need to be in soon we're trying to get together a preliminary plan.

I think that's still the case, but applies more during the off-peak seasons. I don't think it matters as much during times like summer, spring break, Christmas, and holiday weekends. If you're going in early June, I'd definitely try to do a Sunday at WWoHP. Still not a bad choice any other time.

Does anyone know hwo the crowd will be on Dec 16? Or just that period just before Christmas? Is there the whole "rope drop" rush to Harry Potter like WDW would have for their popular rides? Or if I'll be ok if we stroll in a little bit later?

Thanks

Do you think if we get there at RD on Dec 24th, we can do the major rides in HP in less than 2 hrs? We were going to make reservations for the Grinch breakfast but the latest time is 10...worried we'll have unfullfilled kids... We can return later that evening or the next to soak up more of the atmosphere..

Or would it be a better plan to do the Grinch breakfast Chrismas morning and just stay on Christmas Eve at HP until we've finished everything?

We got home last night. We did go on Sunday to US around 10:45 AM and the crowds were great! DD rode RRHR several times, with no wait in the single line side, reg line said 30 minutes but I don't think it was that long. We rode a few other rides and took some pics of the Macy's parade stuff that they were putting up...cute! On over to HP around 12:15 or so. First up, lunch at Three Broomsticks, not that crowded, no line! It was busy and we were seated but it was not bad. FJ said 15 minutes around 1:00 or so, WOW! We did that again, of course, and didn't wait 15 minutes. DD rode Dragon Challenge several times and then we had to go...

Crowds were not as big as Friday and Saturday.

I think that's still the case, but applies more during the off-peak seasons. I don't think it matters as much during times like summer, spring break, Christmas, and holiday weekends. If you're going in early June, I'd definitely try to do a Sunday at WWoHP. Still not a bad choice any other time.

Thank you! It would be Sunday, June 3rd--I'll tentatively plan on that.

Hi Everyone

Heading down in 4 days and plan to go WWoHP a week from today
Sunday Dec 11
Any guess on the crowd level for this date and the rest of the week?
We're staying over at Disney and will be spending the day
hoping for Rope Drop till closing then dinner at Mama Dela's a family favorite.
We are also considering a multi day ticket to be able to visit later in the week.

Heading down in 4 days and plan to go WWoHP a week from today
Sunday Dec 11
Any guess on the crowd level for this date and the rest of the week?
We're staying over at Disney and will be spending the day
hoping for Rope Drop till closing then dinner at Mama Dela's a family favorite.
We are also considering a multi day ticket to be able to visit later in the week.

I'm visiting IOA on the 10th and Universal on the 11th, so I'm curious, as well! :goodvibes

early december has always been a good time to visit the parks.
crowds usually are not bad the first two weeks of december.

you should be fine.

We went Tuesday 11/29. I picked it months in advance since we were only doing one day at universal and based in on touring plans Disney resort crowd calander (it was marked a 3). We go to the turnstiles by 8:30 AM. At 8:45 they opened the park. There was hardly anybody in line. We took the short cut to the left through Dr Suess and got to FJ. I looked back expecting to see some short of mass of people, but just saw a light crowd taking their time into the Wizarding World. We walked through the catle, at limes letting folks pass us so we could see everything. When we got the front, it was a 2 minute wait and we ewre on. We jumped right back on. Since my two DDs did not care for the ride, we did rider swap. Again I proactically walked right on with my son. When we returned, I stayed with my DD and My wife and son went on. We did the FOP three time, and Dragon Challenge twice. We walked through the shops, ate at the three broomsticks and were done with the wizarding world by noon. We did not do Olivanders sincethe line was an hour wait. Did most of the other attractions in IOA (except the water rides - too cold) and were out of the park by 3 PM.

I was shocked at how uncrowded it was this past week (12/1-12/5). I didn't even bother using early entry or even trying to get there at opening...

Most afternoons there was a 10 minute wait. The most crowded I saw was a 20 minute wait on Sunday afternoon around 2 p.m.

Walkways were passable, and even the shops were doable. There were people inside naturally, but very easy to browse.

Absolutely not crowded at all right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter