Harry Potter Crowd Report Thread...

I was shocked at how uncrowded it was this past week (12/1-12/5). I didn't even bother using early entry or even trying to get there at opening...

Most afternoons there was a 10 minute wait. The most crowded I saw was a 20 minute wait on Sunday afternoon around 2 p.m.

Walkways were passable, and even the shops were doable. There were people inside naturally, but very easy to browse.

Absolutely not crowded at all right now.

We were there the same time as you and also noticed that it was very manageable. We also never used early entry. It was nice sleeping in at RPR and going to the parks late for a change.:thumbsup2

We decided to stay on-site and make this a Universal Vacation vs a Disney vacation and spending one day at both parks. Part of the appeal is the express pass for on-site guests. I, too, am looking forward to sleeping in for once, knowing we can go when we want and won't (I hope) have to worry about crowds. We arrive this Thursday and fly back the following Thursday.

Glad to hear there isn't much of a crowd right now. Closely watching the weather trends, looks like high 70's the entire time. Woo Hoo!

We decided to stay on-site and make this a Universal Vacation vs a Disney vacation and spending one day at both parks. Part of the appeal is the express pass for on-site guests. I, too, am looking forward to sleeping in for once, knowing we can go when we want and won't (I hope) have to worry about crowds. We arrive this Thursday and fly back the following Thursday.

Glad to hear there isn't much of a crowd right now. Closely watching the weather trends, looks like high 70's the entire time. Woo Hoo!

Things will be great til the end of this week but remember that after the weekend it will be a lot more crowded. Schools let out for holiday break and holiday travelers will be arriving as well as local families. It won't be crazy til the week after Chrismas, but I wouldn't suggest sleeping in next week either.

Crowd report: what crowd? 10 o'clock this morning walked! Onto harry potter. Crowds are picking up now though because the rain has stopped.

Wednesday, December 7th, we got to WWOP at approximately 10:45am and found the crowd to be very light. We practically walked right onto FJ, only slowing slightly at Dumbledore's office and again where Harry, Ron & Hermione are. The line for Olivander's was pretty long though.

We went back to IOA on Saturday, December 10th for the early entry (we stayed at Portofino). What a difference between midweek and the weekend! I think my son and I waited about 20 minutes for FJ. While we rode FJ, my wife, daughter and youngest son got in line for Olivander's. We were off the ride and spent about 5 minutes looking for them before they emerged, so their wait was slightly longer than ours. We ended up back in IOA Saturday evening around 6:30-7:00 and the wait for FJ was 60 minutes.

Today, December 12th I was a greeter at the FJ Courtyard from 2PM to close and we never went above 10 minutes!

This was the buzz around the parks today. Anyone I told this too was flipping out with me. Crazy! Sorry I missed a DisB greeter!... Hey if you happen to find a mickey christmas pin... it fell off on FJ, just sayin. ;) haha

Heading to Orlando tomorrow- quick advice question.. what do you think the crowds will be like on Sunday? OR should I do Monday? Can't wait for Harry Potter!!!

I usually wait til the evening to hit FJ, but headed over around 9:15am this morning and it was 10 minutes.

I was at IOA this past Sunday (the 11th) and crowds were GREAT. Peak wait time for FJ that I saw was 30 minutes, and that didn't last long. We rode twice in the morning (they let regular guests in 10-15 minutes early) through the regular queue - no wait. I also rode twice in the afternoon through the single ride queue with no wait. I saw the Triwizard Spirit Rally twice and saw the Frog Choir once. When it started getting dark, me and my boyfriend got in line for Ollivander's and only waited about 15 minutes. I even got pictures inside Zonko's with no people in them! The rain definitely pushed people out of the park for the last two hours or so.

In addition to WWoHP: Rode Hulk 3 times, rode each of the dragons once, rode Flight of the Hippogriff, rode Spider-man twice, rode JP twice, and rode the High in the Sky Seuss Trolly Train Ride. Met plenty of characters and would have had time to see the Grinch show, but my party was boring and wouldn't go with me.

I recently went to Islands of Adventure, and enjoyed the whole park with my Express pass from the Royal Pacific, but when I got to the Harry Potter area, there were huge crowds. I took one glance at the Forbidden Journey ride, and left because the line went all the way out to the entrance of the ride! And they don't take Express at that ride. I'm glad I rode it last time I went so I could skip this time. The line at the Forbidden Journey reminds me of the hell I have to go through at Disney. I went to Disney World about a year and a half ago, and may never go again because waiting in line ruined it for me.

I recently went to Islands of Adventure, and enjoyed the whole park with my Express pass from the Royal Pacific, but when I got to the Harry Potter area, there were huge crowds. I took one glance at the Forbidden Journey ride, and left because the line went all the way out to the entrance of the ride! And they don't take Express at that ride. I'm glad I rode it last time I went so I could skip this time. The line at the Forbidden Journey reminds me of the hell I have to go through at Disney. I went to Disney World about a year and a half ago, and may never go again because waiting in line ruined it for me.

In this case, single-rider is your friend.

We are flying in around 9am on Friday and staying thru Sunday. Should we plan for big crowds because it is the weekend? TIA :goodvibes

We are going to IOA March 1st for my DD's MAW trip. Should we head straight to Harry Potter? Or would we be ok hitting Seuss Landing first? She doesn't care about it that much, she's only 6. But DH and I are very excited. We want to hit all the shops, eat at the 3 broomsticks and maybe ride the Flight of the Hippogriff, since its the only one the kids are tall enough for.

I would think it would be fine to spend time in Seuss Landing first, you will most likely have the place to yourself. Also remember that even if your kids are too small for the Forbidden Journey ride you can all do the Castle Tour (or you could use the regular line and child swap so the adults can do the ride). First thing in the morning might also be a great time for the Pteranodon Flyers kids coaster in the Jurassic Park section.

I would think it would be fine to spend time in Seuss Landing first, you will most likely have the place to yourself. Also remember that even if your kids are too small for the Forbidden Journey ride you can all do the Castle Tour (or you could use the regular line and child swap so the adults can do the ride). First thing in the morning might also be a great time for the Pteranodon Flyers kids coaster in the Jurassic Park section.

Oooh, I didn't think about the Castle tour! That would be awesome.

I've never been to IOA. I'm really looking forward to it.

I have the Pteranodon Flyers on my list of things to do there. Thank you!

This may be old news to some, but I just read this and boy am I glad I'm just missing these dates....

Universal Grad Bash - April 15 and 30, May 6 and 7, 2011

Join the graduation party at Universal Orlando - party at both parks! Enjoy live concerts, street entertainment, dance parties and karaoke!

B.o.B (all nights)
Jason Derulo (4/15, 4/30)
Pitbull (5/6, 5/7)
DJ Khaled (all nights)

Gradventure - May 13 and 20, 2011

Graduation party for middle schoolers! Tickets will include entrance to both parks at 4:00 pm and vouchers for dinner. Guests will celebrate with DJs, dance parties, karaoke, photo ops, street entertainment and dinner.

Big Time Rush - Live at Universal Studios - May 14, 2011 - 7pm

Anyone know where to find this info for 2012? We are looking at late April/early May for our first taste of Harry. Will leave the parks to the grads on the party nites!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter