Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Are you guys finding that the nail polish holds up well? Does it crack or anything? Also, what kind of polish did you use? Are we talking the 99 cent kind, or something a little more fancy?

I used nail polish for my band and it held up great. It didn't crack or chip and I didn't have any problems scanning my band. I just used inexpensive nail polish from target, I believe it was $2 or $3 a bottle. :)

Thanks everyone! I would say that so far, the nail polish does seem to be the best option. My kids keep playing with the MBs and the paint pen seems to be cracking / peel a bit - a lot more than the nail polish. I used Nicole by OPI, bought it at Target. I didn't buy the polish with glittery chunks - those looked like they would clump on the band, possibly. I bought the metallic polish. It was a blast and took no time at all!

Just finished modding our MBs for our Christmas trip:

I used a combination of Sharpie, nail polish, and Oil-based paint pens. HUGE thanks to mrsxsparrow for the idea of the Blue Chrome color - DS went nuts when he saw that! One thing - I put a chip-resistant top coat on the blue one, and you can't see it, but there are cracks in the top coat when I bend it. I'm going to have DS try it on and see what band holes he has it set on, and then try to apply another top coat to seal the mini-cracks. The other three have no top coat. The crystals are Swarovski flat-back crystals from A.C. Moore, super-glued on. So excited to wear them to the parks!

Wow! Great job.

I colored just the mickey head over the weekend with a paint marker. I didn't put any nail polish on it yet (still trying to find glow in the dark polish; might just have to order online)

the marker stayed on for the most part, but has worn off a little. Once I "seal" it in with the nail polish, it should be fine.

For glow polish - Justice. Claires sometimes has it too, but seems to have trouble keeping it in stock. Even the dedicated cosmetic stores don't seem to stock it except around Halloween but the tween-trendy stores have it year round.

I'll post a pic of mine a little bit later, when I get my phone back from my DD. I started with a yellow band, and covered it in a photo-reactive glitter polish from Justice. Indoors it is clear with gold glitter; outdoors it is red with gold glitter. Then I painted the Mickey head matte black and "monogrammed" it with a C in yellow polish. The clearcoat cracked a little the first time I put it on, but I just applied a second coat with it on the setting that fits my wrist and that seems to be holding up well.

I used a combination of Sharpie, nail polish, and Oil-based paint pens. HUGE thanks to mrsxsparrow for the idea of the Blue Chrome color - DS went nuts when he saw that! One thing - I put a chip-resistant top coat on the blue one, and you can't see it, but there are cracks in the top coat when I bend it. I'm going to have DS try it on and see what band holes he has it set on, and then try to apply another top coat to seal the mini-cracks. The other three have no top coat. The crystals are Swarovski flat-back crystals from A.C. Moore, super-glued on. So excited to wear them to the parks!

Love the tiger stripes!!!! thanks. I was trying to figure out how to get them on there. I have my sharpie/paint pen, and will be finishing mine this week

PhotoGrid_1385337070864_zps65bc4f26.jpg

PhotoGrid_1385044796879_zps360fcb6c.jpg

we are there December 6-8, so we did ours up for xmas. :)

thanks! that one is mine. you can get the snowflakes at Michael's. they stick on, but i reinforced them with crazy glue.

My girls want to add stuff to their MB now, too! So, did you super glue on and then nail polish over them?

How many coats of polish?

My DH says they will just all fall off once you actually wear them and bang them around ... But we still want to try them out!

Going to pick up stuff this morning.

Those look fantastic! Is the blue one nail polish?

Thank you OP and PP for sharing your MB ideas.

This was my project this morning ... Mine is the Ariel teal one with black gems (there are 3 hidden Mickeys). The pink ones are my daughters' with little flowers, gems. The blue is my mom's and the red is my dad's. His was the hardest b/c black nail polish is NOT forgiving. My DH is going to do his own.

This was very easy to do. Cost me $20 in nail polish and gems.

I can't wait to wear these for our early December trip!

They look great! Did you use spray paint?

I want to know, too! I'm doing mine the same silver but was going to get nail polish. I tried spray paint on the end that tucks in but I was able to scrape it off when it was dry... then again, I didn't give it time to cure.

I want to know, too! I'm doing mine the same silver but was going to get nail polish. I tried spray paint on the end that tucks in but I was able to scrape it off when it was dry... then again, I didn't give it time to cure.

That silver doesn't look like nail polish. What about spray paint or paint pen, covered with a coat of non-chip clear coat nail polish?

Posting our last two.

I added red nail polish to the red one I posted above (since the black had smeared a bit), then used a top coat. I now LOVE this one, too! Reminds me of Mr. Incredible now!

My DH decided to do his own green band. He used black Sharpie to outline the Mickey and then chose bright hot pink for the Mickey. :confused3

Guess real men do wear pink!:lmao::rotfl2:

I started mine last night. Painted the grey part of the band with purple nail polish. Tonight I'll draw the tiger stripes on with my paint sharpie. then I will just need to color that in, and put the clear on it. hoping it comes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter