Has Anyone ever used Supershuttle from LAX...

No better time to pop your Uber cherry ;) You can download the app and play around with it to familiarize yourself. Its quite easy to use. Uber has been around a while in CA and is very commonly used. I would have no hesitation about using it there, especially for the first time. There should be a ton of drivers in the area of the airport, so once order one, my guess is one will be there within 10 minutes or less to pick you up. The app will tell you where to go to meet them at the airport. It should cost roughly $50 one way and you will be the only passenger.
....is that $50 for the both of us, or $50 each?

....is that $50 for the both of us, or $50 each?

$50 total for the both of you. Uber charges per ride, not per passenger. UberX is the basic Uber and can hold up to 4 passengers. If you need a larger vehicle, you'd have to book UberXL which will cost more.

$50 total for the both of you. Uber charges per ride, not per passenger. UberX is the basic Uber and can hold up to 4 passengers. If you need a larger vehicle, you'd have to book UberXL which will cost more.
....nope...it's just the two of us...and we travel kinda light, so 2 pieces of luggage and my purse....

....nope...it's just the two of us...and we travel kinda light, so 2 pieces of luggage and my purse....

So UberX will be fine. Using the fare estimator on the app, it shows about $47 from LAX to DL area. Tip would be additional and optional.

We’ve never used super shuttle but after a couple other disappointing experiences with shared van services from LAX to DL hotels we decided to splurge on Lansky, a private car service, based on recommendations (DISBoards). It was definitely more expensive but the best experience so far. Driver met us at baggage, knew which carousel and had a luggage cart ready for us, helped with all of our bags and we rode in a very comfortable and clean SUV to our hotel. One price included tax, parking and gratuities and was prepaid. Very happy with the experience!

....I saw that, but the whole idea of nixing the Disneyland Express was to get to the Disneyland Hotel quicker. If we share a van, that kinda defeats the purpose...:confused3

I’ve had a Karmel Shuttle all to myself without renting a van to myself. I’ve never had more than two family groups in the van. (Whereas with SS it’s been packed with multiple groups every time but one, and that one was at ONT, and he trolled the airport twice before hitting the road)

And you don’t know the order they drop in; yours could, in fact, be first.

....as it is, we miss the shuttle by 10 minutes, so we'd have to wait almost another hour for the next one...

Do you mean you land 10 minutes after? If so, that could actually be perfect, with getting off the plane etc.

But the bus is going to take longer than any shared shuttle, even if the timing is perfect.

Rather than Uber I’d do Lyft. They treat their drivers better.

Or just rent a car (my fave).

Do you mean you land 10 minutes after? If so, that could actually be perfect, with getting off the plane etc....
...yes, 10 minutes after the hourly bus departs...
than Uber I’d do Lyft. They treat their drivers better.

Or just rent a car (my fave).

....originally, I planned on doing that, but we won't be using the car for 2 whole days, plus paying for parking at the Disneyland Hotel (not to mention the gas expense)....it didn't make sense for us. We'll need the car on the 3rd day [which we'll pick up at Paradise Pier Hotel] when we depart for Carlsbad to attend a wedding....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter