Has Anyone ever used Supershuttle from LAX...

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
...to DL? I was quoted a reasonable price. However, I don't really know how reliable and reputable they are. Anyone have any experience [good or bad] with this service? TIA!

I usually fly into SNA but my coworker flies into LAX and loves Suppershuttle. She is normally flying by herself so the price is better than what it would cost me and my family of four. She says it is relaxing and easy to take.

I have used supershuttle multiple times over multiple years from LAX to Disneyland. I usually book and pay online, costs about $17 one way. I have never had any issues. Travel time is approx 1 hour depending on traffic , once you leave LAX property

We have used them a few times but did not have such great experiences. Our travel time was about 2 hours. They do NOT just go from airport to hotel. They circle the airport til they are full. We had them pick people up from homes also. One woman was picked up at home & droped off at a hotel near DL on Harbor Blvd (for work). From our experience & what I read, DL Hotel is often the last dropped off. I ended up car sick on 2 different trips from the length of the trip plus sitting in the back row.

The last time we used them, the driver picked a woman up at home with 4 (!) suitcases. He had trouble fitting everything in & we actually heard something pop back there. When we got to the hotel, our suitcase was split along the whole side seem. We had to over pack our 1 case and pay the over weight fee to get home.

We used Karmel town car the last trip & were very pleased. I think we may go again next fall & will use them again.

I prefer Karmel. They don’t troll the airport for unplanned pickups like SS sometimes does.

Last time I used them it was 3 hours from landing to Grand California. Took awhile for the shuttle to come. Then stopped at every terminal and it was very busy. Finally got out of the airport, then made several stops.

Took Lyft back, about $35.

Last time I used them it was 3 hours from landing to Grand California. Took awhile for the shuttle to come. Then stopped at every terminal and it was very busy. Finally got out of the airport, then made several stops....
...yikes! :eek:

I haven’t used SS from LAX but have in San Antonio TX and they were very reliable. I booked ahead of date and I believe I received a AAA discount too

....I just Googled them....kinda pricey for 2 people...:sad2: Either $140 or $153 one way.

I just priced two people may 16 flight landing at noon from lax to Alpine Inn and got 60.90.

That’s a shared van.

If you rent the whole van just to yourselves then it’s 140.

Same madeup trip got me 48+ on SS.

I prefer Karmel.

I just priced two people may 16 flight landing at noon from lax to Alpine Inn and got 60.90.

That’s a shared van.

If you rent the whole van just to yourselves then it’s 140.
....I saw that, but the whole idea of nixing the Disneyland Express was to get to the Disneyland Hotel quicker. If we share a van, that kinda defeats the purpose...:confused3

Why not Uber? It would be the fastest and least expensive option.

....I saw that, but the whole idea of nixing the Disneyland Express was to get to the Disneyland Hotel quicker. If we share a van, that kinda defeats the purpose...:confused3

Problem with the Disneyland Express is it runs once an hour. There are 8 terminals at LAX, which takes time to stop at each one.

I’m planning Lyft next time.

Problem with the Disneyland Express is it runs once an hour. There are 8 terminals at LAX, which takes time to stop at each one....
....as it is, we miss the shuttle by 10 minutes, so we'd have to wait almost another hour for the next one...

I've used SuperShuttle to get to LAX, but not to DLR. Shared ride getting there seemed ok (only one stop to pick up another person). Friend is taking them back in a couple of weeks (from LAX to home)....we'll see what she reports.

Supershuttle are great wherever I tried them (incl. LAX), but seems like the question for you is shared ride (ur supershuttle) vs. your own ride (Uber, etc).

....I must confess: I'm an Uber virgin...:blush:

No better time to pop your Uber cherry ;) You can download the app and play around with it to familiarize yourself. Its quite easy to use. Uber has been around a while in CA and is very commonly used. I would have no hesitation about using it there, especially for the first time. There should be a ton of drivers in the area of the airport, so once order one, my guess is one will be there within 10 minutes or less to pick you up. The app will tell you where to go to meet them at the airport. It should cost roughly $50 one way and you will be the only passenger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter