Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Glad to see they are taking reservations now.
I don’t recall Goofy’s ever offering table service. It is strictly a buffet at the moment without characters. I don’t see that changing at all.
I agree, assume keeping buffet style, since it's currently open that way now.

Glad Characters back on 9/16, although will be interesting to see how the 'interactions' are. If they stop at table or forced to walk around since you still can't get too close to Characters in the park.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/goofys-kitchen/

Just baffled. Both the Blue Bayou and Oga's Cantina have yet to drop for Oct. 12 (36 days out). I've given up on getting up at 3 a.m. daily (cuz, frankly, I'm tired). At this point, I’m thinking we’ll need to be at the Blue Bayou at opening to see if they can squeeze us in that evening … and cross our fingers that the walk up list at Oga’s is reasonable. Or that the alert system happens to catch something during waking hours ... This is goofy.

Just baffled. Both the Blue Bayou and Oga's Cantina have yet to drop for Oct. 12 (36 days out). I've given up on getting up at 3 a.m. daily (cuz, frankly, I'm tired). At this point, I’m thinking we’ll need to be at the Blue Bayou at opening to see if they can squeeze us in that evening … and cross our fingers that the walk up list at Oga’s is reasonable. Or that the alert system happens to catch something during waking hours ... This is goofy.
We’re in the same boat. I’m almost thinking they’re doing this for Disney Genie….

We’re in the same boat. I’m almost thinking they’re doing this for Disney Genie….
It’s really going to suck if they make these two locations walk up only or virtual queue only. Everyone will rush over at 11am to try to get in without waiting and everyone else will be like another attraction of 30-80 minute wait.

Pretty frustrated at this point. We're 5 weeks away and I can't get basically anything in the parks. Not even a character meal at the hotels. I am happy I got Jazz Kitchen - that's my must do every trip. But at this point (Disney, are you listening?), I'm not going to do any TS dining for our trip. Would've loved Blue Bayou or Goofy's Kitchen, but I'm tired of this yo-yo. So, I'm just gonna have to stick it to Disney on this one.

I know they're just holding back for that stupid DiaperGenie+ app. We'll have to pay for the "+" in order to book reservations same day. Either that, or the "+" will be the only way to quickly get into counter services, pushing more people to pay more money at the Table Service. Either way, I feel like Disney is up to something that's going to cost our trips more money.

Anyone know if Lamplight, Carthay Circle and/or Wine Country Trattoria already dropped for 10/17? Can’t tell if they were never released or already gone.
These are definitely out there. We have WCT for 10/16 that I'm getting ready to cancel. Lamplight pops up almost every time I check those dates with at least one time.
Still nothing for Oga's or Carnation Cafe or Blue Bayou but I keep checking...not at 3am because I like sleep more than eating at those places...

The Carnation Cafe is scheduled to open on Thursday, 9/16 (during my trip!) but I don't see any option to search for a reservation there. Do you think they'll be walk-up only on opening day?

The Carnation Cafe is scheduled to open on Thursday, 9/16 (during my trip!) but I don't see any option to search for a reservation there. Do you think they'll be walk-up only on opening day?
I'd keep checking. I believe the Minnie breakfast at Plaza didn't release reservations until the day before the breakfast reopened. I know it's frustrating! Good news is, most restaurants do take walk up requests, so if you don't find anything, definitely go to the podium outside the restaurant and see if there's availability.

Has anyone gotten Blue Bayou, Minnie's breakfast, Oga's Cantina or Trader Sam's for the end of October? I have alerts set up but start getting more worried as time goes on.

Has anyone gotten Blue Bayou, Minnie's breakfast, Oga's Cantina or Trader Sam's for the end of October? I have alerts set up but start getting more worried as time goes on.

I haven't seen any of those for mid Oct. I have been checking my dates (15-18) everyday 4 or 5 times a day since 8/16 and have never seen any of those for my dates.

I haven't seen any of those for mid Oct. I have been checking my dates (15-18) everyday 4 or 5 times a day since 8/16 and have never seen any of those for my dates.

Ditto for my dates (Oct. 12 - 15), specifically for BB and Oga's Cantina. No alerts either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter