Has anyone just ever wanted to go to sleep and wake up after Christmas

For me it's an OK season. I work in retail so have been listening to Christmas music for eight hours a day since Thanksgiving and we are all over it by now. I'm more of a halloween fan myself.

Nope. September - January is my favorite time of year. I love the smells, tastes, beauty, customs, decorations, and family time. And now that I have a DGS (15 months) I love it even more. I'm really excited for this Christmas. Last Christmas he just kinda sat there. Now he's all over the place and into everything.

But - on the other hand I'd like to sleep from July - September. I hate summer! lol

Never - I love Christmas. I get in the spirit every single year and make it a priority to keep that spirit all year long.

Like you I had yearly battles also. We just placed my mother in law in a facility for her Alzheimer's. Hardest thing we had to do, however it was necessary as she lived alone.

My daughter got married this year and 2 weeks before her wedding her husbands brother was killed in an accident. We buried him a week before the wedding. Talk about enormous emotions. I am very close to this family and every day has been hard since he left us a few months ago. He left behind a 5 year old daughter and her mother isn't in the picture either :(

We all have sad things going on. That is life. What I won't allow to happen is for that to change who I am. I want to remain positive, happy and someone who loves this time of the year.

I wish you holiday spirit.

We finally decorated the xmas tree last night with the kids and have been doing Elf on the Shelf since Saturday...those little monkeys seeing the magic is really trying to break down this old grinch's heart this year. We'll see how it plays out. And god, do they love that elf...we move him a lot (it's easy when you have a 3 story place) and they are just amazed. It's pretty cool. And I LOVE buying gifts, so that also nice. If your local Target has no Vamperina stuff though, sorry/not sorry.

I'm not into this year either. Could be because I just has surgery Thanksgiving week and am still recovering, but I can't seem to get into the groove.

We all have sad things going on. That is life. What I won't allow to happen is for that to change who I am. I want to remain positive, happy and someone who loves this time of the year.

I wish you holiday spirit.

Thank you for this. Your words truly touched me, and have inspired me to try a little harder to recapture some of the magic of the season. I'm truly sorry to hear of your troubles. Hoping the new year brings blessings for all of us.

I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, always have but sometimes it can be too much.

As soon as the turkey is in the oven in November, the push starts to shop, shop, shop and to get the decorations up and to bake bake bake etc etc etc. it’s the 6th of December and already the ads are saying “last minute shopping” or “last minute baking” or whatever. Goodness! It’s no wonder people get such anxiety this time of year.

I have to stop, take a deep breath and remind myself of that “simpler time” when I was a kid and the house was decorated for two weeks—not 6 weeks, the baking was done in the days leading up to the 25th, not for a whole month and the even the shopping was done in a couple of shopping trips, not all month every day.

I have had bad years and good years and haven’t been in the spirit every year. The thing to realize is you are human. It happens. Do and experience the things you enjoy and let the rest fall where it may.

I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, always have but sometimes it can be too much.

As soon as the turkey is in the oven in November, the push starts to shop, shop, shop and to get the decorations up and to bake bake bake etc etc etc. it’s the 6th of December and already the ads are saying “last minute shopping” or “last minute baking” or whatever. Goodness! It’s no wonder people get such anxiety this time of year.

I have to stop, take a deep breath and remind myself of that “simpler time” when I was a kid and the house was decorated for two weeks—not 6 weeks, the baking was done in the days leading up to the 25th, not for a whole month and the even the shopping was done in a couple of shopping trips, not all month every day.

This really made me pause. I wonder if more people wouldn’t be so stressed and overwhelmed if the holidays didn’t seem like the batan death march because they go on and on? I think I’d even enjoy them if we got to truly enjoy thanksgiving, had a break and then started.

This really made me pause. I wonder if more people wouldn’t be so stressed and overwhelmed if the holidays didn’t seem like the batan death march because they go on and on? I think I’d even enjoy them if we got to truly enjoy thanksgiving, had a break and then started.

Exactly! I mean before November 30th, the Christmas parades had started around here. I just want to scream “slow the heck down!!”

Not this year, but the year Mom died the week before Thanksgiving I just didn’t have the strength to deal with it. We had put up the decorations early because Mom loved Christmas and we knew she probably wouldn’t make it, so even the decorations were a sad reminder. We lost Dad five months later, so we decided we were just going to completely change our traditions and decorations for the next Christmas. It also helped that I had to work the next couple Christmases (I don’t get it off unless it falls on my normal days off) so by the time I was off on Christmas Day again, I was ready to celebrate the season again. There’s nothing wrong with a lack of holiday spirit now and then. Just do the best you can from day to day until things improve.

Awwwww heck no...I want the season to last longer than it already does. Granted seeing Christmas stuff out in September seems tacky to me. However, once Thanksgiving dinner is over, it's on like Donkey Kong. It is my favorite time of year.

Only if I can go to bed Christmas Eve and wake up on the 26th. I have to use 2 vacation days and get 12 days off (a little less days this year.) I don't want to sleep away my 12 days off once a year.

Total yes. Love the fun and no expectations of Hallowe'en, absolutely hate Christmas. The family drama and anxiety, there's always some every year that I just can't insulate myself from. Would love to fast forward until winter is over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter