Has anyone purchased a robe from DCL?

Have they changed the robes that you get with the romance packages? We bought the package I think it was 12 or so years ago. At the time the robes were a cotton waffle type robe. Definitely not very soft. And once washed they just close on me. I am 5'5" and around 150. So not tiny, but not huge either. Hope they are nicer now and a bit bigger.

I borrowed a robe on board, too, but our room attendant made it sound like that was only for concierge and he'd have to ask special permission. I felt bad about asking at all, even though he was able to get one for me.

As I understand it, they *are* supposed to be just for concierge. Unless they are all in use, the stateroom hosts will usually get them for you (they don't want a bad score or loss of a tip because they didn't fulfill a request), but they are technically not for those of us in the regular staterooms.

As I understand it, they *are* supposed to be just for concierge. Unless they are all in use, the stateroom hosts will usually get them for you (they don't want a bad score or loss of a tip because they didn't fulfill a request), but they are technically not for those of us in the regular staterooms.
I got that impression, too and won't ask again. I did appreciate that he was able to get it for me. I had heard (here) that it was okay to ask for one, so I did.

But aren't they available in the spa change rooms, which anyone can use?

I got that impression, too and won't ask again. I did appreciate that he was able to get it for me. I had heard (here) that it was okay to ask for one, so I did.

But aren't they available in the spa change rooms, which anyone can use?

I mean, people do it. Doesn't make it right, but they do it. And because they don't get told "No" they assume that means it's perfectly fine. I guess if you want one, you can always ask - but it can put them in an awkward position.

I have only ever used it when I've been in the Rainforest Room, and I leave it in the used bin. I've never asked about taking it to my cabin - but I'm not really a fan of robes anyway - I just dry off from the shower and put on pjs or a loose t-shirt or just underwear since I'm solo 99% of the time.

I don't usually use a robe, either, but with close quarters are two DS teens, it just seemed prudent. I'll bring a small one from home for that purpose. I wouldn't have asked, if I'd known it was putting him in a tight position. I did appreciate him getting me one, though.

I bought one this past March and love it - very soft but not too heavy - just right!

That was the one I was thinking about, any chance you would post a picture? Was it the waffle pattern or more plush? And is it a long robe or shorter (mid calf vs mid thigh?). Thanks

If you did, was it worth it? Do you have a picture?

We have the bath robes and the plush robes that come with the romance package. They are all very nice. I've washed them many times and they always come out nice.

I borrowed a robe on board, too, but our room attendant made it sound like that was only for concierge and he'd have to ask special permission. I felt bad about asking at all, even though he was able to get one for me.

My husband does this every time, LOL. He gives them some $ and then we have bath robes for the length of our cruise :)

That was the one I was thinking about, any chance you would post a picture? Was it the waffle pattern or more plush? And is it a long robe or shorter (mid calf vs mid thigh?). Thanks
It's plush not waffle on long - probably midcalf depending upon length. Also washes well. Speaking of which - mines in the laundry now but I will try to grab a pic when it's washed - although I've never tried posting a picture so will have to overcome my technophobia!

I don't understand what a robe has to do with romance. Wouldn't you just walk around your stateroom naked?
I don't find nudism very romantic, actually. I could get more specific, but don't think it's allowed.

Edited to add: I didn't realize this was a zombie thread. It showed up in the "new posts" section.

I see that this is an old thread, but it's had some recent activity so I'll ask.

Is the robe onboard the same one sold on the website? I saw folks mention that the thread on the logo on the onboard one is silver, where the website thread is the blue and red DCL logo.

I might buy DW one if it's really that nice...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter