Has your opinion of SSR changed?

I have always liked SSR (we love DTD) but this January when we were staying at VWL we drove through and wow it is even prettier since we stayed last year.

I love it. We are staying at VWL this summer but are hoping to sneak a SSR trip in this fall...

We bought SSR sight unseen at DLR in August. We stayed there in December and loved it! While we were there we toured all the other DVC properties. While we liked them all, we felt that SSR had a more laid back feel than the others (except OKW) as far as location, I think having DTD near by is a great plus. I feel that OKW is actually the most secluded (a plus in my opinion). We are staying at OKW in March (no avaliability at SSR!) We will be able to compare the two.

I am here at SSV now because I booked a last minute trip a couple of weeks ago, and this was what was available. I came with low expectations but I am just loving it! I have stayed at all of the DVC resorts now (most many times), and SSV has moved to the middle spot blowing past BCV and VWL. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and am even considering switching my April trip from BWV to stay here again!

dznymom1,

I am sooooooo jealous! :goodvibes

Have a magical vacation!

Couldn't be happier with my choice. Actually, my only other experience with DVC was as a guest of my sister at BCV back before SSR was much of anything but an idea. We both sneered at the location and I remember saying something to the effect of "If I ever do this, it won't be Saratoga Springs."

Fast forward a few years. I had been back to WDW a few times and knew it was time to buy into DVC. I called my sister's guide and asked for info. Of course, they were pushing SSR at the time, so that's what I bought. I hadn't done much research about other possibilties, but I can honestly say I really like my SSR. So does my sister, who has been my guest now, too.

We both agree the two resorts are quite different from each other and that's the charm of it all. Each offers niceties the other doesn't, but both have drawbacks, too. Since I bought my home, I've not stayed elsewhere and frankly don't see the need to, unless I try for HHI sometime.

In short, SSR is the right fit for me.

The first year we stayed at SSR only the 4 buildings in Congress Park were open. It seemed like the perfect spot overlooking DTD.

The next year (we stayed in Congress Park again) The Paddocks was open with construction to take place for the Carousel and Grandstand areas. I was abit hesitant as it looked like it was going to be too big and the new ares wouldnt be desirable.

This year in Jan when we went back (stayed in the Paddocks) and the entire resort is almost complete and it is awesome. It is not nearly as big as people think, the main pool and buildings are centralized, beautiful walking paths and I am the odd one out as I love the outside hallways.

I havent even requested a specific area for my next vacation as I think all areas are great and Im excited to see which area we will get! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter