Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

Wow, after seeing that Disney took off the 999 attendees part, I'm glad I decided against this. As others have pointed out this is really unfair and seems like bait and switch. I know technically they can say the first announcement was taken down and revised, but it still seems so shady to me.

Wow, after seeing that Disney took off the 999 attendees part, I'm glad I decided against this. As others have pointed out this is really unfair and seems like bait and switch. I know technically they can say the first announcement was taken down and revised, but it still seems so shady to me.
Where did the initial announcement come from? I know it wasn't disney, but was it a blogger or news site? I really hope when the time comes, it is a great event!

The party is $125 an hour. For that I can buy a full day pass.

This had better be 3 days of wows, and not even a half hour line for anything.

Where did the initial announcement come from? I know it wasn't disney, but was it a blogger or news site? I really hope when the time comes, it is a great event!
There was a post that was briefly up from Disney and then taken down. Bloggers and social media posts were made based on the information included in that original post. Inside the magic was one that was posted : https://insidethemagic.net/2019/05/haunted-mansion-50th-anniversary-disneyland-mg1/ They specifically cited 999 attendees.

I really hope its a great event still for those who purchased tickets too!

That first announcement was on their site. They format and graphics did not change. If they changed the number between the time that all the buzz started and when they sold tickets, just changing wording to "limited" doesn't cut it.

That first announcement was on their site. They format and graphics did not change. If they changed the number between the time that all the buzz started and when they sold tickets, just changing wording to "limited" doesn't cut it.
You are right, it was originally from Disney. I am sure they were fully aware the information was already circulating with the 999 attendees. They should have made a LARGE disclaimer of that revision.

I didn't see the original announcement but I'm wondering if where it said celebrate with 999 happy haunts that people read as 999 people being able to attend. Also I was listening to the mousestalgia podcast and they were talking about how there WILL be free food as well as special themed food to purchase. They said the wording on it was really weird but if you read it word for word it just read as some free food and some for purchase.
I'm looking forward to going. Going to the 2nd day so hoping to hear back from the people going the 1st day to see what I'm going to want to do.

I didn't see the original announcement but I'm wondering if where it said celebrate with 999 happy haunts that people read as 999 people being able to attend. Also I was listening to the mousestalgia podcast and they were talking about how there WILL be free food as well as special themed food to purchase. They said the wording on it was really weird but if you read it word for word it just read as some free food and some for purchase.
I'm looking forward to going. Going to the 2nd day so hoping to hear back from the people going the 1st day to see what I'm going to want to do.

I bet it'll be a very nice event and that nobody who bought tickets will regret it. Disney events are always nice. They did seem to be a little disorganized with their announcements, but I still think it'll come together. It IS spendy, so that's just a matter of budget....but I can't wait to hear the feedback from those lucky ones who go. Have fun! 🙂

I know admission for the event is included but since I'm not local making the trip would mean I would stay for a few days so I would need park admission for the other days I would be there. I attended the 40th for HM and it was crazy & crowded enough. The 50th anniversary for DL itself was totally insane. The D23 expos are a total disaster. As I was waiting online the other day watching the countdown for availability I figured this was going to be way more crowded than the 40th HM event was. WDW Special events over the years has been able to gauge the correct limits for how many guest to reasonably allow at their special events. My experiences with DL Special events is the more tickets they sell the more they make & they have no concept of reasonable crowd control and they don't really seem to care to make the events a great experience. I've heard reports for most special events @ DL to be out of control & way overcrowded.

Well I sure can see and understand what you are saying. I'm not local either, so I sure can relate as well.
The 40th Anniversary I found to be really nice. And had been waiting all this time for the 50th. And this is all that they (Disney) offers! I'm crying inside. Honestly, I am. Sigh....

Well I sure can see and understand what you are saying. I'm not local either, so I sure can relate as well.
The 40th Anniversary I found to be really nice. And had been waiting all this time for the 50th. And this is all that they (Disney) offers! I'm crying inside. Honestly, I am. Sigh....
For your sake I hope that maybe with this event they finally turn things around & make it really spectacular. I have no idea who is running their events these days but the person in charge of the ones I've attended in the past never seemed capable of learning from their mistakes. When the old Walt Disney Art Classics goup held their events @ DL they made sure some of the Staff from WDW Special Events were there to manage things so those events were much better run. After the mess of the DL 50th Anniversary where they flat out refused to guarantee entry to the park for those of us who shelled out 100's of dollars to attend the 50th Special Event I've become very hesitant to attend any of their events. Since then the HM 40th was the last DL Special event I've attended. And after D23 Expo 2 was even more of a disaster than Expo 1 I gave up on those.

The one main thing that really does bother me about this event is the "one ticket only" policy. It's just so...antisocial.
Ultimately, it looks like that won't be a problem, as the event is not selling out quickly and people are being able to buy more than one. But as a policy for a celebration, it's really not cool.
Hopefully DL learns from the slow sales here that that just doesn't work for a lot of people.
I mean, even if you try to finesse it by having a couple people purchasing at the same time on different devices...things can mess up, even after the ticket is in "the shopping cart."
Too risky, at $300, I think. (I'm picturing The Brickers drawing straws to see who gets to go. Lol)

(The catalog souvenir thing does not appeal to me, but that can easily be ignored.)

I’m guessing they did that for a couple of reasons. You could still go with others, just by different purchases.

Need advice with costume: let’s say we may be going as one of the 999 happy haunts. I see many color schemes: blue and white, gray and white, just white, just gray, just blue, etc. Do we go ghostly or as our former corruptible selves? We want to look our cadearous best with out being so hot or mobility impaired.

The one main thing that really does bother me about this event is the "one ticket only" policy. It's just so...antisocial.

It didn’t strictly work the way everyone assumed. Once your place in the queue came up for purchase, it did process tickets individually but you could add additional tickets without being requeued. So everyone has their own ID for the RSP, but multiples were an option.

I’m guessing they did that for a couple of reasons. You could still go with others, just by different purchases.

Need advice with costume: let’s say we may be going as one of the 999 happy haunts. I see many color schemes: blue and white, gray and white, just white, just gray, just blue, etc. Do we go ghostly or as our former corruptible selves? We want to look our cadearous best with out being so hot or mobility impaired.
I have a cute skeleton dress I’m playing with wearing that. Being that this is in the middle of the night I don’t plan on it being to hat- probably perfect weather.

I have the alligator girl dress from the Dress Shop that I wore to a Truck-or-Treat last year (my trunk was HM-themed). If I were going to this, I would wear that.

It didn’t strictly work the way everyone assumed. Once your place in the queue came up for purchase, it did process tickets individually but you could add additional tickets without being requeued. So everyone has their own ID for the RSP, but multiples were an option.
LOL, I didn't realize that! Bought 3 separate tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter