Haunted Mansion vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Better ride?

• Total voters
I was always a huge POTC fan, but since covid the chemical undercurrent to the air has made the ride rather unenjoyable. I've always had a strong sense of smell, but this last trip (May 2023), even masked, the chemical smell was almost overwhelming. I called it my last Pirates ride and until they fix the air flow it's off our list.
I didn't notice any chemical smell, or any difference than pre-Covid on our trip last November.

I didn't notice any chemical smell, or any difference than pre-Covid on our trip last November.
Me neither, just the usual sort of musty odor of Pirates. It's not that I love it, but I do associate it with Pirates so I guess I consider the smell as part of the ride and would probably miss it if it was gone.

Why, that’s like asking which is my favorite child ! I cherish both equally and they are both must dos every day I am there,

But, as I usually go in December when HM is NBC, I really noticed how DARK it is in there when it’s not NBC when I was there last week. Man, just pitch black in some places. Brings new meaning to “dark” ride lol. Still, it’s a classic.

Also, noticed how the light seemed to have gone out on the sort of bawdy picture in the background where the pirates are playing chess. First time, I thought it had been replaced bur I looked at it really hard next time and it seems to be same painting of lady, you just can’t see it as clearly as before. LOL. Not a fan of all the politically correct changes made to the attraction and will always lament the loss of the redhead.

I do miss the Davy Jones mist screen too. Not sure what that had to do with COVID but it disappeared around that time after the last redo.

HM, all day, everyday, every season. I love the stretching portraits, the changing pictures in the hallway, the ambiance, the narration. The bride. Leota. The coffin. The ballroom scene. Grim Grinning Ghosts, little Leota. It all just makes my heart happy. As you can probably tell from my name I am a big NBC fan, so the overlay actually makes me tear up because it is so beautiful. I just love it.
I do love Pirates too, it is amazing and just so much fun, but nowhere near as much as I love HM.

I like HM as a whole more but I think Pirates is more fun.

Loving the new Redhead even tho I know some ppl hate her.
Also love all the ghosts in HM, I feel like as characters they are more "fleshed" out than the pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter