Have a 8 am ADR for Be Our Guest then they change the park hours ...

Tedrock

Earning My Ears
My question, WDW just changed the opening of the Magic Kingdom to 8 am on Feb 18 and my plans for getting into the park early with a quick breakfast at Be Our Guest have been blown up. I have a 8:10 am ADR for BOG hope to eat and be in line for those hard to get to rides before rope drop. Does anyone know if they will now open Be Our Guest at 7:00 am? They haven't made that change yet in Disney dining. Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Ted

If the rides are important I would cancel the breakfast and do something else after the crowds fill in.

If BOG was important I would try for a later breakfast or lunch.

I don't believe they change restaurant times when the park times change - just even looking at next sat 1/20 - park opening is at 8am and the restaurant times are still to open at 8am. So unfortunately your plan to use it as an early means for some rides is busted. That is always the risk when booking an 8am reservation so far in advance. So your best bet is to cancel the reservation and if you really want just try for a later breakfast or keep checking for a possible lunch reservation.

I toyed with park opening reservations and just figured that i would be better of booking the must do reservations for lunch and dinner and leave breakfast to easy in room things or QS at the hotel. Your situation is common with the way WDW handles their park times. It stinks but we just have to roll with the punches.

If you really must do BOG (which if you haven't it is an amazing atmosphere) then keep the reservation and try to adjust plans for your day. Touring plans has a reservation finder that you might be able to use to grab a late breakfast or early lunch reservation.

Last edited:

Changing opening hours earlier is a well known phenomenon. Sorry you were caught off guard. But your PPO ADR is no longer PPO.

No they will not open the restaurant earlier.
This is why if RD is important to you you should not attempt to get a PPO at MK especially.
I believe the "disappointment" is also why they stopped doing PPO ADR's starting sometime in April at least for BOG anyways.

Happened to us once so we cancelled. We did want breakfast there but we didn’t want to lose the best hour of park rides so we cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter